Chapter 17 – Hospital.
165 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey, Yuki, wake up."

"Yuki."

"Hey, Yuki."

As my dark vision returned to normal, I heard someone calling me. I don't know where I was, but I was lying down somewhere. 'Wait, didn't I sleep in class?'

I looked around, startled, and noticed that the person calling my name was someone I hadn't expected to see.

It was my mother.

"Mom? What happened?" I asked, frightened.

"What do you mean what happened? You fainted while you were in class at college! Do you know how worried I was?"

I finally realized where I was. Although no medical equipment was around, I knew I was in a room in a hospital. I was wearing the same clothes as when I went to college.

They must have done some medical tests while I was unconscious.

"I fainted? But I remember just falling asleep in class. Hm? Is it dark outside?" I looked out of the room window. I noticed I was probably on the third floor because of the other building I was seeing.

"You passed out for hours! When I got the call from the college, my heart almost stopped! Do you know how I felt when they told me you had been taken to hospital by ambulance?"

"!" I started to get nervous. Did I faint for hours? Don't tell me that whenever I'm "dreaming," I completely lose control of this body. No, that would be too unbelievable. It's not possible.

...

But that can only be the case.

"It's okay, Mom. It's probably because I didn't eat properly."

"I told you to have lunch before going to college, didn't I? But fortunately, everything's fine."

"Did they do exams?"

"Yes, they did a blood test, and they also put you in one of those machines to take a look at your brain. They were afraid you'd hit your head somewhere."

"Hahaha, that's impossible."

"That's not funny. Your father and your sister were very frightened."

"Sorry."

"No need to apologize."

"What time is it now?"

"Probably 2 am. Your father's just gone out to buy us something to eat, and your sister's asleep at home."

"I see... But we can go home now."

"No, you'd better stay here until dawn. I'm afraid you might faint again."

"But haven't the doctors said everything's fine?"

"At least eat first!" My mother said angrily. I smiled at her and then took her hand.

"Thank you for staying here with me," I told her.

"Of course, I would. I'm your mother, Yuki." She smiled back. But then she got serious. "But what was that? You said strange things before you woke up, so I called you. Witch, magic, and things like that."

"Maybe I was dreaming about strange things, I don't remember." I scratched my head and tried to disguise it. "It's because I'm overthinking about the book I'm writing."

"You shouldn't be trying so hard... It would be best if you took it easy. You're not even eating properly."

"I promise I'll take care of myself from now on, okay?"

"Okay. Oh, and you should thank that friend of yours called Markos. He's the one who accompanied you to the hospital."

"He did that?"

"Yes, he was very worried about you. He was the one who came with you. He stayed at the hospital until eleven o'clock at night. He told you to call him as soon as you feel better."

"I will."

So Markos cares about me that much. He's a good friend.

'But seriously, this is wild. I'll make sure I never sleep in class again.'

####

I finally left the hospital after almost an hour. It was close to dawn, so I had no reason to sleep. Besides, I've "slept" for long hours and don't need to rest now.

Unlike me, my parents went to bed when we got home.

My sister didn't even notice our arrival as she was asleep.

"I haven't posted any new chapters all day. Should I post new chapters now?"

Without thinking, I opened my dashboard and posted five more chapters. After posting, I went to look at the recent comments. The number of comments I received with each chapter kept rising.

"What's more, I've finally reached rank 20. It's still early in the week, but I think I can maintain this position."

Oh, and the number of views and people with my fanfic in their libraries was unbelievable. The fanfic had already passed 2.5 million views, and more than 18,000 people already had my fanfic in their libraries.

I'd probably make much money if I started selling the chapters now.

"I can't be greedy!"

I set a four-hour timer and opened a Word file. As I did before, I'll use the technique of a famous author I used to follow in my old life. Fighting against time makes you write faster.

Before I knew it, it was daylight outside, and almost four hours had passed.

"I've managed to write ten chapters. I've already passed chapter 40, and the witch's arc will last another ten chapters. There's a lot left unresolved."

I stood up and stretched my body. After that, I looked at my computer screen and clicked my tongue.

"Fuck it! I'm curious to see how many chapters I can sell!"

Without thinking, I started publishing one chapter after another.

 

You can read extra chapters on patreon: patreon.com/IgorFanfiction

I'll keep posting extra chapters there! 

 

12