Chapter 19 – One year.
92 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The evening came, and I was anxious to see how much I'd sold. I'd only posted three chapters, so I can't expect much. "But what if I have sold thousands of chapters?"

The problem is that only some readers will buy the chapters. Many of them will even take my fanfic out of their libraries. "All right, let's see..."

I saved the chapters I had written and then opened my dashboard to look. First, I saw how many comments and votes I had received. I already knew how many chapters I had sold from the number of comments.

All three chapters had an average of 40 comments. That is a very high number for premium chapters.

"If 40 people commented on all the chapters, the number of people who bought the chapters to read is very high..."

I immediately opened the dashboard part showing the number of chapters I had sold and my estimated income.

"You're kidding..." When I saw the figures, I couldn't believe it.

[ Chapters Unlocked ]

[ 4,535 ]

"Estimated income is..."

[ Estimated Income ]

[ $226.75 ]

"226 DOLLARS! 226 DOLLARS IN JUST ONE DAY! THAT'S CRAZY!" I screamed with all my might. I couldn't believe the number I was seeing. It was incredible.

"And new comments keep coming in. Every time I reload the page, the number grows. I'm glad it's updated in real-time..."

I started sweating. It was scary. I didn't imagine I'd sell so many chapters. 226 dollars with just three chapters on sale for a few hours. How many daily sales would I have if I had 100 chapters on sale?

"No, I can't overdo it... If I keep writing non-stop, I could end up overloading myself." I sighed and then heard my bedroom door open.

"Son? What happened?" It was my mother. She had a worried look on her face. The screams I'd made had probably scared her.

"Mom, look at this." I didn't want to reveal how much money I was making now, but... I HAVE TO SHOW IT TO HER!

"Hm? What's that?" Even looking at the numbers on the screen, my mother didn't quite understand what it meant. So I explained to her. I told her I had only managed to get that money in a few hours with just three chapters.

"Stop joking..." My mother looked at me, startled. She stared at me for a few seconds.

"It's true, Mom. I made that money in just a few hours. If I keep publishing it, I... I have no idea how much money I can make from it."

"..." My mother continued with her mouth open without reaction. Then, her body began to tremble. "Son..." Tears appeared in the corner of her eyes. She approached me and then hugged me tightly.

I didn't react for a moment, but I hugged her back.

"Congratulations, son." My mother said.

"Thank you." I couldn't help myself and started crying too.

'This is just the beginning, Mom. I'll surely change our lives by taking advantage of this talent.'

####

My father finally got home. My sister had gone out and was going to sleep at a friend's house, so she didn't know the news yet. My mother would probably have told her everything if she had been home.

Over dinner, my mother told my father all.

"Are you serious? If you continue like this, you'll earn my entire year's salary in just one month." My father started laughing. He was very happy. I could tell just by his expression and his loud, cheerful voice.

"Don't exaggerate, Dad. But I just looked; it's only been a few hours, and I've already made 300 dollars."

"Really?" My mother said in surprise.

"Yes, I posted a new chapter before I went down to dinner."

"I kept my promise." My father said suddenly. "I made all my coworkers start reading your book. I'm sure many of them have bought the chapters that are on sale."

"I told you not to do that..."

"I couldn't help myself. I was too excited."

"And what did they think of my book?" I looked away. For some reason, I was feeling embarrassed.

"I didn't ask everyone what they thought, but they seemed to like it. My colleague sitting beside me said he's hooked on your story."

"Tell him I appreciate it."

"Hahahaha, ok." My father put some food in his mouth and chewed happily. Then he looked at me seriously. "Son, don't push yourself too hard. We discussed this before, but I don't want you to get sick."

"I know. Now that I have many chapters ready, I can rest for a few days."

"That's good." My mother said. "Since you have a few days off, isn't it time you went back to college?"

"Urgh..." Suddenly, the taste of the food turned bitter. "About that..."

"Son, you're not thinking of stopping studying just because you've made a bit of money, are you?" His smile from before was gone. "As happy as I am for you, don't you think it's too risky?"

"Maybe... But I'm confident I'll be able to support myself just by writing."

"Son..." My mother looked at my father, and they both nodded at each other. "All right. Your father and I noticed that you weren't very focused on college and were very focused on your writing. I had a chat with them, and we decided to make a bet with you."

"Hm? A bet?"

"Son, you can stop studying for a whole year to focus on your work, but if it doesn't work out, you'll have to return to college. Right?" My mother looked at my father.

"That's right. I didn't want to allow it, but you're so happy doing it..." My father scratched his head.

"Huh? Is it serious?"

 

You can read extra chapters on patreon: patreon.com/IgorFanfiction

I'll keep posting extra chapters there! 

You'll also get other bonuses in the future, I promise!

 

9