Chapter-29 Hunting: Part 2
72 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Along the way, I encountered many monsters below my rank. I went a little deeper and encountered a level 5 monster. Thanks to my blade, I was able to kill it easily. I tried not to go any deeper after encountering that monster. I was able to gain 500 exp after killing for more than 3 hours.

I wasn’t able to see the sun, but it was still day, so I kept killing monsters after refilling my mana tank. I was able to level up after half an hour. All my stats had gone up by 10 points. With an additional 10 free points, my mana tank increased by 200 points. My total mana reached 500 only after reaching.

Even though 500 mana was a lot, I could see that the continuous use of spatial spells cost a lot more mana than usual. But the power of the spell was getting stronger after using them many times. The other reason was my increase in level.

Right now, I had mana similar to a mid stage of  Rank 1 Mage, which was obviously way too much. I could use this mana to increase my hunting time. I was pretty tired after all the killing. Even though my stamina was full, my mind wanted to take some rest from the killing.

‘I feel like I’m already used to the killing by now,’ I said in my heart and started to find a safe place. I had never tried to reach the top of the tree before. I had spent a few hours and I could feel the sunlight was diminishing slowly. I started to find trees that could be useful for hiding.

It took me more than 20 minutes and continuous teleporting from one tree to another to find a safe place. There was a hole that led inside that tree and was 200 meters above the ground. Inside, it had enough space for more than 3 men to fit in. The entrance was one meter wide.

After checking everything, I went down to find a big stone to block the mouth of the hole. The place was pretty safe. From inside, I could see that no monster had used that place for a long time. After finding a stone big enough to cover the hole, I sighed with relief. The hole was completely covered except for a place in the corner.

The light was coming through that which provided a good sight. I had already cleaned the inside. I took out a small bed foam and blanket with a pillow from the inventory. That was my stuff back from the apartment. It was coming in handy at this time. I leaned back and opened my status panel to look once again.

Hunting was the best and the fastest way to level up. I had already reached level 3 even though it was my first time hunting and I was not used to it before. I was getting the hang of it slowly. I already knew that I would be able to hunt at a faster rate than before.

I looked at the communication watch which only showed time because there were no signals in this different dimension. It was amazing to have sun and moonlight in this dimension. Just how much power he had to create such a thing? I wondered about Sir Wise Mage.

I took out food from the inventory that I had kept safe for a few days. I thanked myself for saving this. Even though my body didn’t feel any hunger due to mana, I still wanted to eat whenever I can. Eating was a habit that I didn’t want to lose.

I finished eating and looked at the status panel once again. I closed it and shut my eyes for a good night's rest. Due to a tired mind, I fell asleep at a faster rate. Unknown to me, a danger was approaching toward my direction slowly and steadily.

. . . .

‘’Hiss’’

Suddenly, I woke up after an unknown time. I sat up and looked around. Everything was dark around me. There was a small light coming from the hole, but it wasn’t enough to illuminate the inside. I woke up due to some noises. I slowly got up and got close to the small one.

‘’Hiss’’

Once again, I could hear some weird noises and it was like some things were crawling on the ground here and there. My heart started to beat faster. It was my first time in the wilderness where monsters were roaming around all the time. Just as I was thinking about the wilderness, the sound of the crawling started to increase.

Slowly it was coming closer, I felt weird because I was more than 200 meters above the ground. My first thought was a spider. I had read novels where giant spiders dwell and trap the prey at night. I had already used the spatial spell and brought out my blade.

I backed away from the stone and my back was against the tree. I focused myself at the front. Soon the stone started to shake and like someone was hitting it from the outside and cracks started to appear on it. I readied myself. I started to wait for the stone to explode.

The stone started to melt slowly like it was in lava. As it melted, something shot toward me at a fast speed, I used the deflection spell and whatever that was coming toward me was thrown back at a faster speed. Soon I heard the hissing sounds.

It was probably moonlight that was illuminating the forest. I saw more than 10 snakes slithering on the branch of the tree. All of them started to hiss after seeing the snake that was melting. I got the notification of killing but I ignored and focused on the front.

The branch was thicker than 5 meters and was pretty long. All snakes opened their mouths and spat something toward me. I used the deflection spell and a few attacks were thrown back at them while some spread in different directions.

When their spit fell on the tree branch, it started to melt along with a few snakes. I was scared looking at that poisonous attack that could literally melt everything. I hurriedly teleported behind one of the remaining snakes and chopped off its head with a swing.

The place was pretty small and I was able to kill all of them after a small battle. I had to teleport more than ten times due to my continuous surprise attacks from the back. After killing all of them, I sighed with relief and teleported to the other branch.

I had killed more than 11 snakes in a short amount of time. I looked around and tried to look for any other monster but there didn’t find any. I took deep breaths to calm down and teleported back to my sleeping place. The long branch was half decayed and could fall anytime.

I tried not to step on that place and entered the hole. It was still safe and clean because I had deflected all the attacks and teleported out earlier. But my door cover was destroyed by the vicious attacks of the snakes. The thing that surprised me more was the group attack of the snakes.

There were only two possible reasons that I was able to think at that time. One was that I was staying near their hideout while the other was that it was the family of the snake whom I killed in the morning. If they really were from that family, it was amazing how they were able to track me down all the way up here.

I decided not to take any chances once again. It was still night and there was no way for me to find any other safe place like that. The gathering mission was already done, but I still had two more days’ time limit. I wanted to stay here longer and keep hunting the monsters to level up.

After making sure everything was safe in my small cave, I sat down with my legs crossed and decided to stay awake. I stayed like that for many hours until the forest started to become bright due to the sunlight. When everything returned to normal, I came out and decided to hunt once again.

7