Chapter-35 Peak of Rank 1
53 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I went toward the inner area but tried to stay far away from the places of Rank 2 Monsters. There was a huge distance between Rank 1 and Rank 2 monsters. Even though, I had an overpowered element, but what I was lacking was the ability to actually utilize that.

The best way to utilize the element was to get my hands on the spells which were present in the academy’s library. And I needed a high number of spells to actually get higher access in the library. I was going to get 10,000 academy points before reaching Rank 2 Mage.

This was my goal and mission too. I cleared my thoughts from my head and looked at the level 6 monster in front of me. I looked at the sword in my hand which was more than a meter long. As my level was increasing, I could feel my spells were getting stronger too.

After reaching level 5, I was able to teleport almost 100 meters distance using the same amount of mana. Just as my mana reserve was increasing, it was also getting potent and thicker. The system had almost unlimited space to store mana which was another boon for me in the hunting process.

I teleported right above the head of the monster and pierced his head with my sword. The monster didn’t even have the time to react before he was dead under my hands. Just as the monster’s body was falling to the ground, the system gave me a notification.

[ Level 6 Monster Killed ]

[ 60 exp gained ]

I looked at the notification and nodded my head with satisfaction. The blade was strong enough to easily penetrate the monster’s body without any resistance. This was the benefit of thicker mana. There was a difference of the skies between spells of different ranks.

If a Rank 1 Mage uses the Fireball spell pouring 10 points of mana it will obviously destroy a tree, but if the same spell was used by the Rank 10 Mage with the same amount of 10 mana points, it was going to shatter mountains. This was the real difference between ranks and their mana thickness.

If I reach level 10, I can probably kill a level 11 or level 12 monster easily. The reason was because of the power of the blade made by nothing but space. This was the difference between the elements. Obviously, the space element was on the same level as time.

Elements had a ranking chart. Both space and Time were considered in the top 3. At the top was the chaos which was the combination of all the elements in the world. Everything was born from the chaos and chaos was everything.

No one had ever seen that element before ever since the mana descended on Earth. But it was actually just a theory presented by many mages who were doing research on the mana and the changes brought by this on earth.

Time flew by,

I repeated the same process of killing and gathering again and again. It had been over two months, close to three months since I had come to this academy. I had just come out from the dimension after doing the gathering mission.

I had been killing monsters every day and was doing missions regularly. I was able to reach level 6 in just 6 days but the exp needed to reach had increased by a lot which made me start another round of hunting without any break.

The level 7 took me another 10 days. My hunting speed increased a lot after reaching level 7 and I was able to level up to 8 after just 12 days. I started killing level 10 monsters which gave me 100 exp points on every kill and I was able to reach level 9 in just 16 days.

The exp needed to reach level 10 had once again flared up which gave me quite the headache but luckily, I was able to kill level 11 monster pretty easily due to the increase in the spell’s power. It took me almost 20 days to finally reach the peak of the level.

When I reached level 10, I tried to kill a few monsters of level 12, even though they were pretty fast but as long as they were alone. I was able to kill them after a small battle. The speed of the Rank 2 Mages had far surpassed the peak of Rank 1.

Many times, they were able to react pretty fast and they were able to dodge my attacks. I had teleported behind them but they dodged my attacks in time and I had to run away and try once again the same tactic on them.

The most difficult opponent for me was a plant type monster which had so many different vines to block my attack and keep himself safe. Due to the spell’s limitation of not being able to ignore any hurdle or barrier, I wasn’t able to teleport close to him.

I had to cut all his vines before I even had the chance to kill him. But just as I was close to killing him, more monsters showed up. All of them were plant type monsters and looked like they were the companions of the monster that I was trying to kill.

Facing the assault of all those monsters, I had to regretfully give up on killing my prey. I ran away from that place. Facing different kinds of monsters, gave me more knowledge about them. I had the system’s skill so I was able to identify the powers of the monsters and kill them avoiding any secret attacks.

After the long grinding, I was close to reaching the peak of level 10. After selling everything, I came back to my house and took a shower. I sat on the sofa and looked at my communication watch. I kept selling all the monster corpses to the Mission Hall.

Ranging from level 7 to all the way level 12. The main reason I was able to level up fast was also because of the mana cores from those monsters. They provided me an extra amount of exp points which kept motivating me to increase my hunting speed.

4