Chapter-40 Talk With Julia Once Again
42 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I walked towards her with a greeting and started talking about the usual things. She talked about her missions outside the academy and went on for a long time before she asked me about the reason I came here so early in the morning.

She knew that I had gained all the spells from the academy's library in the Tier 2 access. It was going to be a while before I was able to get my hands on the spell. I had a feeling sometimes that she knew more than she had let on about the academy and Ultimate Hall.

But she never told me about the important things about the inner workings, nor had I asked her about the reason. There was nothing good in knowing what was beyond my capabilities at the moment, so I solely focused on raising my levels till now.

Just as I was thinking about these things, Julia spoke once again, "What are you thinking so deeply?" Hearing her speak, I realized that I had gone silent after she asked me about the reason for coming and had been looking at the floor ever since then. I laughed a bit with slight embarrassment and spoke, "I wanted to ask about any mission that will take me outside the academy."

Just as I finished speaking, I could see the surprise and shock on her face. She looked at me with a surprised face and asked, "Why do you want to go outside the academy? You can stay here and cultivate until you reach the limit, then you can venture outside to find resources."

I understood her reasoning. I had already found out that newcomers who would be admitted into the academy would stay here for a few years and venture outside the academy only when they reached Rank 3 or Rank 4. Outside missions were pretty dangerous, and there were different undercurrents surging in the capital.

"I never went to another city when I was in school. This is my first time coming here to the capital, so I wanted to know more about the world outside the academy. So, I want to take an easy mission for myself and also enjoy the outside atmosphere." I tried to present as normal as I could and told her about the reasoning.

When I was done speaking, she went silent for some time. I waited patiently for her to finish thinking and give me a suitable mission. After some time, she finally looked towards me and spoke, "I can't really decide on the outside mission. I would have to ask our seniors and elders, and only they can give you permission to do any mission which is outside the academy."

I nodded my head, listening. I had already expected that I would have to take permission from the seniors of our hall to leave. I knew that all the missions that led one to leave the academy were permitted by the elder-level mages here. I just wanted her to know about the reason for my venturing.

I also knew she would be choosing a simple and easy mission for me to complete after taking permission from the seniors. We talked for a bit longer, and then I left the building heading towards the library once again. This time, I was going to get a book that was written by the previous Space element powerhouse to understand more about space and some important principles.

While I was leaving the building, Julia was also leaving but in the opposite direction. She was going inside the main buildings and heading towards where she was going to meet her senior Wilson to talk about Alex's case.

. . . . . . . . . . .

I reached the library once again and soon went through the same process to enter the white room. The white room was the same as before, looking like a place where one enters after dying and then gets reincarnated into a magical world after getting permission from someone, though nothing like that happened to me as I had woken up directly in this body.

I laughed at my ridiculous thinking and went through the same verification process once again. Soon, a screen opened in front of me once again, showing my details and the number of academy points. I was still at Tier 2 as it was not easy to reach the next stage without working hard for a long time.

Along with the points, there was that special permission from the higher-ups of the hall. I had no idea how I was going to get that permission in the first place. I had thought about asking Julia but decided not to because I had only gotten spells from the 2nd access.

According to the normal means of the mages, it was going to take me a lot of time to properly assimilate those spells and use them properly in battle. I decided not to be on a high horse and decided to take things slow, even though that was not my original intention.

At first, I had thought about keep hunting and gathering points, but that was going to make others suspicious of me as I was not putting much time into cultivating. It would have looked like I was getting greedy for the spells and wasting my time hunting.

I looked at the screen and clicked on the book section. Soon, the screen changed and a few different names of the books appeared on the screen. According to my current points, I was only able to buy the first book, which was "The Introduction to the Space Element."

When I clicked on the purchase, the screen changed, showing the handprint. It looked like, just like the spells, they were going to transfer the knowledge directly into my head once again. I had heard it was pretty weird getting all the knowledge into the head, but luckily I had a system which was going to store everything.

I placed my palm on the screen, and soon all the information was stored in the system's database. I left the building soon after finishing the mission. I headed back to the dorm and decided to check all the knowledge while relaxing on the bed.

4