Chapter 1 – Leto, Goddess of Motherhood
2.5k 13 84
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Warning! This world is its own universe, with anime characters that fit into it, such as characters from Record of Ragnarok, DanMachi, Fate/Grand Order, and Highschool DxD, among other characters from anime universes.

(3rd POV)

In a barren, desolate land called Delos.

There was a beautiful woman, who only with her presence beautified this barren island.  

This beautiful woman had long black hair that fell down her back, and her eyes were a beautiful sky blue, it was as if she had fragments of the blue sky in her eyes.

On her body she wore a modest black dress with imperial blue that didn't reveal much of her skin, being quite modest, but even so, this dress only increased her charm even more.

The name of this woman who possessed an aura of modesty and gentleness is Leto, a Titaness (female Titan) and also the goddess of motherhood. 

In fact, Leto at this point finds it a little ironic that she would be the goddess of motherhood given her current situation.

Leto was pregnant, and her period of gestation was both the best and one of the worst moments of her life.

This period was the worst moment of her life, because even though she was pregnant, she didn't have a single second of peace and quiet.

She was almost always in constant danger, relentlessly pursued by monsters, mainly by the Python, which was a giant serpent that chased her across the earth, to prevent her from giving birth to her children. 

Python is a monstrous serpent created by the primordial goddess Gaia, to be the guardian of Delphi.

Throughout her gestation, Leto just ran and hid from Python, and in all the earth she found no place that welcomed her into its home, not a single place on earth gave her shelter, she only found indifference or ridicule.

And to make her situation even worse, Leto was far from being an extremely powerful goddess, in fact, she was just a small goddess compared to the great gods even though she was a titaness.

This made her situation even more problematic and difficult, which consequently greatly increased her suffering, making this one of the worst moments of her life.

But at the same time, this period was also the best time of her life as her two rays of hope were in her womb.

And these two hopes were the biggest driving force behind her will to overcome and survive these difficult times.

Her two children in her womb were and will always be her greatest treasures in the world.

Even in pain, even in shame, even without an ounce of warmth, Leto never thought about giving up her children, not even for a single second.

She needs to persevere for her greatest treasures that were in her womb.

But what did Leto, known as one of the kindest goddesses, do to deserve this persecution during her pregnancy?

She had been impregnated by Zeus, who was simply the King of the Gods. What had enraged Hera, the wife of Zeus.

Without thinking twice, Hera in her sick jealousy ordered the entire earth and its beings to avoid and deny Leto their shelters, in addition to sending, as stated before, several monsters, and the legendary and monstrous serpent, Python to pursue her.

So Leto continued to wander the land, running away from the creatures sent by Hera, until she reached the floating island of Delos, the only place on earth free from Hera's unhealthy jealousy.

But to get to this island that floated above the sea, she had the help of the one she least expected, which was Poseidon himself, The God Of The Sea. That's how she arrived at the desolate land of Delos.

For the goddess of motherhood this was pathetic, she thought she was pathetic and useless for not being able to protect the greatest treasures of her entire life on her own. 

But unfortunately, she couldn't do anything alone, after all, that was the fate of the weak and kind in Greece.

At this moment, a deep sadness and pain could be seen in her eyes, but quickly this sadness was dispelled by determination and resolve.

With that resolution in mind, Leto rubbed her belly feeling that her duty in life was to be a mother to her children, she needed to be there for them and them alone.

Leto will protect and always be there for her children no matter what.

This fervent determination came along with a searing pain in her lower body, and her entire body began to convulse in pain.

"Looks like it's time, Leto." A voice as gentle as the sea sounded next to Leto.

The owner of this voice was a beautiful woman with long blue hair and golden eyes. She wore a white dress, with a blue sash around her body, which increased her beauty.

This beautiful goddess was Amphitrite, the queen of the sea and wife of Poseidon.

She was the only goddess who was helping Leto give birth.

Leto was in so much pain that she couldn't even speak, only constant moans of pain escaped her lips, but in her heart joy could not be contained.

{It's... the... moment... my... beloved... children.} She thought, with difficulty.

Taking a deep breath, she prepared herself both physically and mentally.

Meanwhile, Amphitrite began to help deliver the children of the goddess of motherhood.

The screams of pain of a goddess began to echo throughout Greece.

Gods, goddesses, and creatures heard Leto's screams of pain, and their eyes automatically turned to the island of Delos.

And these looks were met by the indifference of the sea god.

The sea beneath the island rose, surrounding Delos Island, driving away even the clouds from the sky. The entire island was blocked by Poseidon's waters, thus avoiding prying eyes while protecting the island.

Amphitrite, who had just felt the divine power that emanated from her husband, just smiled.

Few Gods would make the decision to offend other Gods, let alone offend the queen of the heavens, but Amphitrite knew that her husband didn't care one bit if he was offending even the mighty Zeus.

{It is not for nothing that my Darling is called the Pride of the Gods, being the personification of what defines being a god.} Amphitrite thought, using a lot of her divine power on Leto, who was suffering.

The screams of pain sounded for 3 nights and 3 days, but on the 4th day along with the sunrise, the screams stopped.

And the cry of a newborn baby began to sound through Delos.

Leto was leaning against the trunk in the shade of a tree, looking up and holding her beautiful daughter in her arms.

Leto was a complete mess, blood and sweat was pouring all over her body, but Leto didn't care about that at all, not even caring about the pain she felt.

Leto just looked at the daughter in her arms with love.

And with a gentle smile on her lips, Leto swings her arms, making the little girl in her arms stop crying and start laughing.

Leto's gentle smile turned into a smile of pure happiness.

And her gaze was drawn to her daughter's eyes, which possessed the bluish iris that resembled Leto's eyes.

Without thinking twice, Leto declared her daughter's name. 

"My dear daughter, your name will be Artemis." Summoning all her energy, Leto declared her daughter's name to the world.

Along with the name of Artemis reverberating throughout Greece, the dawn began to darken.

Artemis left her mother's arms and began to float in the air in front of Leto, who just smiled, although she still felt the contraction of labor, her gentle and happy smile never left her face.

Artemis, who was floating in the air, closed her eyes, as her body began to grow from a baby to a girl in a matter of moments.

At the same moment, the beautiful and shining sun in the sky disappeared, being replaced by the cold beauty of the moon that brought the night.

The huge moon in the sky was seen by everyone, from mortals to gods.

But the deep darkness of the night was lightened by the silver light of the moon.

And these beams of light were all concentrated on Delos, passing through Poseidon's barrier and falling on Artemis, who ended up being bathed in moonlight.

Long white hair that looked like it was woven by the moon grew out of Artemis, while her blue eyeballs became even more beautiful.

The moon itself shone even more brightly as if announcing the arrival of the Moon Goddess.

Artemis opened her eyes, which no longer looked like a baby's, as there was a gleam of wisdom and cunning in her eyes.

And manipulating the moonlight itself, a white dress formed on her body, and she descended into her mother's arms. Her beautiful white hair swayed in the wind, displaying all the grace and beauty of Artemis.

Artemis's slender arms wrapped around her mother, hugging her.

"Mommy." Her voice came out innocently, but the love was noticeable in her tone.

"My dear, Artemis." Almost without energy, Leto hugged her daughter, with a smile.

The moonlight illuminated Leto, making her regain her energy, and also bathed all the vegetation and land of Delos, rejuvenating them.

Leto's hand goes to Artemis' little nose, squeezing it lightly.

"You are more beautiful than the moon, my daughter."

"Hehehe! You too, Mommy."

Leto smiles, listening to her daughter, but Leto's smile is broken by a sudden, excruciating pain in her body.

Amphitrite who was just watching this beautiful scene was taken by surprise, Leto's pain seemed to be even stronger than Artemis's labor.

She bit her lip, after all, she had used almost all of her divine power.

However, Amphitrite still placed her hand on Leto's belly and used what little divine power she had.

"I will help you." Artemis, seeing her mother in pain, couldn't help but say out loud.

Leto looked at her daughter, even though she couldn't speak because the pain didn't even compare to the previous one, she transmitted her thoughts to her daughter through her eyes.

Artemis knew perfectly well what that look conveyed.

It was a look of: "No need, you're just a kid, I'll be fine."

"Humpf! As if I wouldn't help you, besides, this is also my duty as a big sister." Artemis was adamant with her words and began to use her newborn divine power to help her mother deliver her own twin brother. 

Leto couldn't even give her daughter a miserable smile, as her body felt like it was burning from the inside.

It was as if she was giving birth to an incandescent star. Every cell in her body screamed in pain.

Once again Leto's screams began to echo across Greece.

84