Chapter 143
750 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was face first in the land of comfort. My face had melded into the softness. I had transcended mortality while embracing the warmth.

"Jake quit screaming into my breasts, please... It's ticklish." Jeanne said and I cut off my screams to get all the remaining angst out in the most manly of ways.

I popped my head out from between her scoops of heaven and looked up into her blue eyes and said gratefully. "Thank you for sticking around for me Jeanne." And as I said it I hugged her tightly against me.

And to my heartfelt thanks, Jeanne sniffed and rolled her eyes but there was no changing the small smile on her lips as she scolded me gently. "Hmph, you completely drain my Aura and then need me to comfort you. How needy are you Jake?" She almost teased and I just gave her a good poke in the side to make her squeal at the sore spot being poked.

"So how is it going with the Family, I heard you also visited Pyrrha. How is she?" I asked as I relaxed my face against the soft swells of her breasts while we were laying down in the large 'nest' of bedding that Samus had forced my bed to become due to her bird heritage after becoming part of Chozo.

Jeanne's smile grew as she told me about seeing six of her sisters at the farming town she grew up in just outside of Vale and then she told me how she also went to visit her older sister Saphron who was living in Argus which was a major hub of Remnant as planes would take off from there and head towards either Vale, Atlas, or Mistral from there. "Saprhon is doing very well, she and Terra are also doing well with little Adrian and while I visited I also checked in on Pyrrha who was laying low to avoid the paparazzi."

"Pyrrha besides staying home has been working super hard on her Semblance Jake," Jeanne told me with a wide smile as she continued. "She really wants to beat you in a spar one of these days hehe... Honestly, she is super fired up about it!"

I nodded with a small chuckle at the thought of how gung-ho Pyrrha was about beating me in a spar in which we used all our abilities freely. As she could definitely beat my ass in a straight fight using just our weapons.

Either way after a good companionable silence in which Jeanne just indulgently threaded her hands through my hair I spoke up again. "And how is our Snow Angel?" I asked with some humor and Jeanne paused as she giggled and said frankly.

"Jake... You are fucked. She is a bit salty you haven't been spending time with her. After you know. Knocking her up." Jeanne finished in a deadpan and I couldn't help another scream into the sweater pillows that were Jeanne's breasts.

-

After spending some time with the sweetheart that was Jeanne I got my head back into the game only to realize a crucial detail as I sat in front of the White.

"Wait... The rest of the Covenant won't even be here for like damn near a month? What the hell am I supposed to do? Beacon is still on summer vacation for another two months as well?" I asked with a deadpan as White simply raised an eyebrow at my question.

"I do not know... Go on a walk on Tallon IV, Remnant or here on Reach?" She advised with a straight face.

And all I could do was glare at the unrepentant android who basically told me to go touch some grass... But in the end, I took a deep breath as I thought back to what that Chozo ghost told me about how I was overly saturated with spiritual energy and needed more life force to balance it out.

"Alright, in that case, I may go pop into another world to see what I run into next. I still need to strengthen my body after all." I said with a small smile as White looked up from her tablet with a frown that made me raise an eyebrow.

She then said seriously. "Jake, YoRHa is stretched thin even with the resources we have at our disposal... Making new Unit cores and thus new agents takes a good year for the code to settle in and even with our new facilities transferring in our new agents in gestation, we don't have the personnel to field in a new world." She explained seriously.

But I shook my head and took a deep breath as I looked at White and realized that even my androids needed to do some growing up as well as I said gently while taking one of her hands into my own. "White there are literally infinite worlds... YoRHa conceptually cannot field agents to all those worlds." I consoled her and I could tell the words hit home as she flinched making me sigh as I squeezed her hand before leaning in to kiss her forehead.

"Be a good girl for me White. This next world will just be me and A2. You all need to accept the fact that were are already at our breaking point for personnel... After all White." I leaned in and said with utter seriousness. "If we weren't at the breaking point in numbers. Would you have fielded Hunters in battle at all?" I asked rhetorically and her silence was all the answer I needed.

I knew she hated the idea of humans fighting even if they had superhuman abilities. Hell, most of the time she only wanted me to open portals or ferry people with my elemental abilities. But she likewise knew that in order to take the Supercarrier she needed a lot more soldiers in the fight so she had to use Hunters and Huntresses.

White sighed and then lifted my hands up and kissed them as she looked at me seriously and said. "Then in that case be careful Jake. We love you after all." 

 

 

Next 15 chapters are on Patreon and Ko-fi
Hey if you like this and want daily uploads and to read early chapters please drop a tip in my Ko-Fi https://ko-fi.com/azazyel22926 or https://www.patr-eon.com/Azazyel and your precious energy stones, it keeps me working on it.
My commission rate is 15$ per thousand words.

Azazyel

6