Chapter 1
96 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Life is full of surprises. One moment, you are just an ordinary folk working in a normal-looking company, and the next thing you know, you get hit by a tank after dodging a car and a truck coming at you.

What makes matters even more interesting is that you are reborn as a baby and grow in another world.

That's right! I am someone who is reincarnated into another world. This world is very different from Earth. What is the difference? The first one is that magic exists in this world. A lot of people can use magic. Not many people can be great magicians, but most of them can use magic.

This world is still in medieval times. Yup! This is a time full of castles, nobles, kings, queens, etc.

Me? I was born in a Duchy House. That sounds fantastic, doesn't it? Son of a Duke! A title that is equal to a prince and princess of the country. Well, you are wrong! Not when you are born as the third son of the Duke.

My two big brothers are pieces of shit. I know that a medieval era will be different than the modern era, but holy shit. I had a brother and sister in my previous life, but they are chill people. These guys? They already see me as an enemy trying to take the throne of Duke.

You guys are still teenagers, not even reaching your twenties! You guys need to chill!

It worsens matters when I reach my Coming of Age, which is fifteen years old, and the church will soon bless me to awaken my power.

When someone reaches the age of maturity, they can go to the church and ask the priest to awaken their power. After paying them some money, of course.

Each power is divided into seven ranks: F → E → D → C → B → A → S

F is the lowest, and S is the highest level of power you can get. However, even F-rank power can be very useful and powerful. Take the captain of our family guard. He has an F-rank power called [Swordsmanship], which increases his comprehension of swordsmanship.

He keeps honing his skills to the point that he becomes very powerful.

So, even though you get an F-rank ability, you can still be powerful if you work hard. However, that captain is a story that happens once every million chances. Someone with a higher-ranking power can still defeat him if he is not careful.

For example, he gets beaten by someone with an A-rank power called {Sword Saint}, the upgraded version of {Swordsmanship} power.

Anyway, today is the end stage of my Coming of Age, and the only thing I need to do is to come to the church and get blessed by one of the priests.

"Ah, young master Mathias van Astras."

That's my name. Mathias van Astras, the third son of Duke Astras and, depending on my power's rank, a city governor.

"Please come forward, child."

I nod, walk toward the priest, and kneel before him. I can see him putting a golden rod on my head and start to pray to the God of Light and Life, Adan. Light shines through my body after a few seconds of praying, and a small metal card appears. The priest takes the card, and I can see lines appear on the front and back of the card.

"Mathias van Astras! You have been blessed with {Template (C-Rank)}! Wear this blessing with pride and spread the name of our God, Adan!"

I thanked the priest and took the card. After that, I return to the castle, where my family is already waiting for me with a feast in the dining room.

"Mathias! Welcome back!"

My father greets me with a smile on his face. He is a great leader and commander but not a great father. What is the reason? He keeps the toxic relationship between siblings blossoming to ensure his heir is stronger than any of his children.

I know that it is for the good of the family, but he is still a father, and his behavior is not what a father should do. At least, that is the thing that happens in the modern time. In here? That is something normal for a Lord to do.

"Let me see your Blessing, son." "Of course, father."

I give him the card, and he starts to read it. He nods his head in satisfaction and gives it back to me. C-rank is not a high-ranking blessing, but it is powerful enough that the other nobles will not dare to make fun of me.

My oldest brother has a B-rank, and my second brother has a C-rank blessing. With my C-rank blessing, I will receive a city to govern. If I get D-rank or, god forbid, E-rank… I will be exiled.

"Great! You have a C-rank blessing! As expected from my son. Take a seat, son. We will start the feast now."

~~Sometimes later~~

After the feast, I returned to my room and looked at the card. This is the first time I have read about my own power, and I am curious about it.

[Template (C (S) Rank)]

Wait. Something is not right. I can see another word behind the C-rank. Does that mean my real rank is S instead of C? I take a deep breath and start to meditate. My teacher already told me how to reveal the ability of one blessing.

First, I need to meditate and access my soul. How? I circulate the mana inside my body and let it into a metaphorical tube inside my body to reach the center of my body, which is my soul. I let my mana get into my soul and check the power I just got.

After a few seconds, I release a sigh and smile a little.

Now I know the reason why it shows C-rank instead of S-rank. Template is a power that lets me copy the power of mythical or historical figures of Earth. Each template will take time to complete before I can get another one. It will take over a year to complete the template, and when I am done with it, I will get their full power.

However, I can boost the progress if I am compatible with their being or if I do something they have done in the past. Depending on the heroes I get, the more powerful the ability becomes. I shake my head and release a breath from my mouth.

I take a deep breath and activate my power. I can feel a wheel spinning inside my head, and after a few seconds, the wheel stops, and I can feel something get inside my head. It is a rush of knowledge, and I can see my blessing card shine a little.

I already know what I get, but I need to make sure. I take the card and read the thing written on the card.

[Template: Hector of Troy] [Progress: 0%]

[Spear Master (E {A})]

[Guardian of Troy (E {S})]

[Riding (E {C})]

It is real. [Spear Master] is the upgraded version of [Spearmanship], and it is a very powerful ability that enchants my body when I hold a spear. [Guardian of Troy] increases my strength even more when I am doing a defensive battle. It is not about me defending when fighting in a one-on-one fight, but rather, it means that when my city gets besieged, my strength will be greatly enchanted. As for [Riding], it teaches me how to ride a horse and handle a chariot.

Sadly, it is still at E-rank, but once I increase my compatibility, they will increase and make me even stronger.

I smile a little and get out of the bed. I cannot stay here and do nothing after receiving this power. I need to test it.

4