Chapter 9: Along The Highroad Part 4
626 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Does Bel need a hug?
  • Yes Votes: 18 29.0%
  • No Votes: 5 8.1%
  • *Hugs* Votes: 39 62.9%
Total voters: 62

Thankfully for us, it wasn’t my first time controlling a carriage, and Master was able to settle the horses. I was just grateful that they weren’t hurt in the onslaught. I guess I should consider myself lucky that goblins have such an atrocious aim.

We had buried men as night fell and then made haste into the woodlands surrounding the highway. It was still dangerous with wild beasts, but compared to the creatures that skulked the highroad, it was a more preferable scenario to be in.

‘I’m going to take a bath in the river. Would you like to join me, Bel?'

‘As tempting an offer as that is, I’ll have to decline. Someone has to watch the horses.’

‘A sensible judgment; they're prime slabs of meat for the creatures of this forest; just shout, and I’ll come running.' Master said, turning to walk down the path that led to the babbling lake.

‘You’ll come running towards your maid completely naked; how scandalous'! I laughed

‘Keep running your mouth like that, and I’ll close it permanently.'

‘I shall bite my tongue; apologies, Master'

Nothing had gone according to plan today: the guards dying, the goblin ambush, and my stupid ass resorting to old habits, knowing full well the price they carry. But compared to the life I was living, today was the best day ever.

I get to spend time with my master, just the two of us, and I like that. I like that a lot, honestly

After a short while, Master returned from taking her bath, and my mind drifted towards sordid thoughts about how beautiful her wet body would look glistening under the moonlight.

Casting any lewd thoughts to the back of my mind as I greeted master and saw her changing her clothes and drying her hair, making everything in its proper place, and doing my best to not let my eyes linger as I affixed her bra and buttoned up her blouse.

'Alright, Bel, you’re good to go and bathe now'

'Nah, I’ll be okay, Master'

‘You stink of goblin guts! Now get undressed and head down to the river, or I’ll drag you down there myself'.

‘But Master, if you drag me down to the lake, then who’ll guard the horses?'

‘I won’t tell you again; move it!'

‘Only if you order me too, Master’   I said with a shit-eating grin.

‘If that's what it’ll take, then I, Lydia Redgrave, order you to take a bath right now.'

‘It shall be done, Master' I lowered my head and curtsied before rushing down to the river.

To tell you the truth, I would have adored going bathing with Master. I’m really growing to care for her; she’s amazing, outspoken and stern, yet there’s a warmth to her and a sweetness like the finest honey.

But

I can’t have her see me naked; these scars will raise unwanted suspicions and call my cover story into question. They’re all over my body—old scars and ones yet to heal. In fact, besides my neck, face, and hands, there isn’t really a part of me that isn’t scarred or battered.

I’m grotesque

I’m nothing like a master. Hell,  do I even count as a woman?

I lost myself in thought, staring at my hands. These tiny hands had taken so many lives.

What did I do to deserve such a fortune in my life after everything I've

Before I knew it, I felt tears running down my cheeks.

My whole body started shaking as I dug my nails into my arm and started to dig.

I..

A scream and the sound of a crackling flame brought me back to the present, and I could see smoke coming from up the hill.

I threw my maid uniform back on without drying, as there was zero time to waste.

‘Flare Arrow' Master screamed in the distance.

Masters is fighting something, and I need to return to her side immediately.

It was a goblin raiding party; they must have followed the scent of the dead goblins,  my scent; how long had they been stalking us? I should have noticed if we were being tailed.

I got careless, I got distracted,  Fuck

‘Took you long enough. Take these' Master said, tossing me my trusty Tonfas.

Luckily, I didn’t spy any archers while scanning through the hoard; they were mere cannon fodder, not a Shaman or an Elite to be seen.

‘What are your orders, Master?’

‘Kill them all! Don’t you even think about showing them a shred of mercy, for these beasts deserve none'?

Goblins are lecherous beasts devoid of empathy and driven by their baser instincts; the fewer of them in the world, the better. It's time to thin their ranks a little more.

22