The Legacy of Batman’s Old Friend
180 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It wasn't supposed to be like this.

Barry Allen was on the verge of a breakdown. He had witnessed the changes in this universe with his own eyes beforehand. His mother was indeed alive, but his most trusted comrades in arms had all disappeared. 

He didn't know if what he did was right or wrong, but he already regretted it.

Perhaps it was as Bruce Wayne had said, time was an extremely fragile and unstable thing. Any change will cause her to produce unpredictable changes. Maybe every superhero needs to go through some setbacks to grow, no matter how desperate those setbacks are, but those are bound to happen.

Changing the timeline on your own would clearly be a selfish act.

"I... I can find a way to make up for it, right?" Adult Barry Allen stared at Austin in a daze. Although he didn't know who these two people in front of him who claimed to have come here from other universes were, it was obvious that the two of them were definitely more specialized than himself.

He was just a fledgling speedster who could travel through timelines, and he had just begun to understand the power of the Speed Force and was unable to fully understand and control it yet.

However, this man named Austin Evans could freely travel through various parallel universes, and their power and knowledge of parallel universes was definitely much higher than himself, a pure novice, so Adult Barry Allen sincerely hoped that the other party could tell him how to fix the mistake he had made.

Seeing Adult Barry Allen's reaction, Austin was also a bit helpless. Who would have thought it, he had just escaped from an incomparably despairing universe, and right after that he had to wipe the ass of the fledgling rookie Flash.

"It's not that easy. Although I don't want to discourage you, the truth is, that this universe is very difficult to save. Even if you go back and correct history, a broken mirror is hard to mend. Like a broken mirror, even if you piece it back to its original shape, the corrected timeline will still have cracks left."

"How could that be..." Adult Barry Allen retreated a few steps and slumped into a chair.

"Do you finally understand how big a mess you've caused this time? The timeline branch has already occurred. For you, if you go back and fix the timeline, you may restore a universe similar to the one you were in before, but that doesn't mean the universe you created now will disappear."

Austin stretched out his hand and pointed downward with his index finger as he spoke.

"For the people here, this universe has not disappeared, what has disappeared is only you. You created this universe by mistake, and then you abandoned it. After you leave this universe, it will continue to operate and eventually perish into the dust of the multiverse."

"So what am I supposed to do?" Adult Barry Allen clenched his teeth in pain, suddenly, he seemed to have thought of something, he raised his head violently and opened his mouth with some hesitation. "...What if, what if we solve this trouble of General Zod? Would this universe still perish then?"

"You really dare to say that." A bitter smile appeared on Austin's face, solving General Zod was easy to say, but it was incomparably difficult to really do.

However, Barry Allen was not wrong. This world would eventually perish at the hands of General Zod, but if they could really find a way to resolve this problem, this world might really be able to develop like a normal parallel universe after overcoming this obstacle.

Although this universe had no Superman, Wonder Woman, or Aquaman, it did not mean there would be no Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, or Green Arrow in the future. In the future, anything was possible, something no one could say for sure.

Moreover, this world had no Mother Boxes, which meant the war between Apokolips and the Old Gods of Earth did not happen, so it was highly unlikely that Darkseid would come to fight over the Mother Box either. This world might really be able to break free from the shackles that originally bound her and become a free timeline.

Thinking of this, Austin nodded. "If it's possible, as long as this trouble is resolved, then this universe can survive and you can make up for the mistake you made."

"How should I do that? Can you teach me?" Adult Barry Allen looked like he had grabbed the only straw that saved his life as he came to Austin's face and asked earnestly.

"Don't you already have a plan? Otherwise, why did you come here to find Batman?" Austin gave him a hint.

"What? Bruce Wayne is Batman!?" It was at this moment that Little Barry Allen, who was quietly eating noodles on the side, screamed in shock.

Upon hearing this, Adult Barry Allen was directly speechless as he turned his head to his 'former self' and spoke. 

"What else could it be? Why do you think I brought you here?"

"Didn't you say we were here to find a relative?" Little Barry Allen mumbled.

"I..." Big Barry Allen pointed at his doppelganger for a long time but couldn't get any words out. He would never have imagined in his dreams that he would be so stupid in this timeline.

"Well, Enough of this bullshit Barry, don't you have your own work to do. There's no time to waste, you've got to act fast." Interrupting the two Barry's juggling, Austin patted Adult Barry Allen's shoulder.

Hearing this, Adult Barry Allen then reacted. He nodded his head, "Yes, You're right, I still have to find Superman. As long as we can find Superman, then we're certain that we'll be able to defeat Zod."   

After saying that, Adult Barry Allen immediately took Little Barry Allen and ran out. Their goal of coming here was not only to find Batman but also wanted to use Batman's supercomputer to look for those superheroes who were scattered everywhere.

Of course, Superman was the main one. After all, in Barry Allen's memory, it was Superman who killed General Zod.

Watching the two Barry Allens wind up running out, Austin sighed, then he turned around and looked at Bruce Wayne, who had drunkenly collapsed on the stairs.

"So you just let them go to your Batcave like that? That's not like you."

"Hehehe...." Bruce Wayne let out a low chuckle as he took another swig of his drink and laughed.

"It seems you know me better than that kid who claims to be a comrade-in-arms of the Batman from another world. Interesting. Compared to those two, I'm more curious about you two. To be honest, how long has it been since you bathed? The thick smell of blood and gunpowder on you makes me think you just got back from the battlefield."

"You're not wrong to say that. We did go through some bad stuff." Austin spread his hands.

"So what's your purpose?"

"As you can see, I'm not a super-powered person. I'm an ordinary person just like you, even far less than you. So my purpose for coming here is to hope that you can provide me with some weaponry so that I can have some self-protection capability."

"Oh?"

Old Bruce Wayne's cloudy eyes that were filled with vicissitudes of life suddenly burst out, and a cold aura instantly erupted from his body that had been displaying laziness.

Stared at by him, Austin only felt his hair stand on end all over, the sharp aura made him shudder.

After a long while, Bruce Wayne finally opened his mouth, his white whiskers quivering, and asked slowly,

"Why should I help you?"

Austin didn't say anything for a while, pausing for a few seconds before smiling faintly and asking in return. "Then why are you helping the two of them?"

Listening to Austin's question, Bruce Wayne fell into silence, his eyes staring tightly at Austin as if he wanted to see through the youngster in front of him. The atmosphere of the entire kitchen fell into silence.

None of the three people present spoke, including Petro. In fact, he had wanted to chime in all this time, but seeing the heavy and serious atmosphere, in order not to disturb Austin, he hesitated for a long time before choosing to remain silent.

Finally, the old Batman let out a cold snort, breaking the silence.

Bruce Wayne picked up the wine bottle and took a sip, then pretended to casually say, "Never mind, after all, I'm already retired. Since you want my Batsuit, I'll give you two."

"No, I don't want your Batsuit." Unexpectedly, Austin shook his head.

"It's true that you have to Batsuits are powerful, but as I said, I'm far from being able to achieve the physical qualities that you have. So even if you give me the Batsuits, I won't be able to utilize their power, and instead, it will limit me in every way."

"Then what do you want?" Old Bruce Wayne put down the wine bottle.

Seeing the other party's curious gaze, Austin raised the corners of his mouth to reveal a harmless smile.

"What I want are just some mementos left behind by those old friends of yours."

(Guess what equipment it is, never mind, you should all know)

(End Of The Chapter)...To be continued.

Read up to Chapter 55+ On My Patreon

patreon.com/RedX43

6