The Legacy of the Villains (Part 1)
153 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Along the long tunnel, Austin and Pietro both made their way towards the direction of the Batcave.

This route was told by Old Bruce Wayne to Austin. There were many entrances to the Batcave from Wayne Manor, not just the abandoned manhole cover in the backyard that was in Barry Allen's memory. In fact, there was a secret passage inside Wayne Castle.

The reason Old Bruce Wayne did not tell this passage to Barry Allen was that he actually wanted to see if they were really his good comrades-in-arms from another timeline as they claimed.

From the surveillance footage, the two Barry Allens found their way to his Batcave passage smoothly and familiarly. They were obviously very familiar with his Batcave, which made Old Bruce Wayne slightly let down some of his guard.

Although he didn't know what his other self was like in the other universe, Old Bruce Wayne believed that since his other self could confidently tell these young men the entrance to the Batcave, this guy must be someone trustworthy.

As for Austin and Pietro, the duo with mysterious origins, Old Bruce Wayne also decided to trust them for the time being. General Zod's arrival had put the entire world in a crisis, and no matter what exactly the purpose of these two people was, the world was already in danger.

Holding the key given to him by Old Bruce Wayne, Austin was also extremely excited. Although he didn't see the Batman in his prime, meeting superheroes from other universes still counted.

This place was much better than Petro's universe. Although it lacked a large number of superheroes and the Justice League could not be formed, but that is also better than the Avengers being wiped out and the X-Men either becoming crazy or falling into the darkness.

In any case, in this universe, Austin had truly witnessed the glory that belonged to superheroes.

"Austin, I've been wanting to ask for a long time, who are those people? Why do you seem to know them very well? What is Batman? Are they the superheroes you're talking about?" Petro asked curiously.

"They are indeed superheroes. As for why I know them so well, after you travel through more universes, you'll get used to it. And Batman was the nickname of that white-bearded old man when he was young. He's not ordinary at all. After all, he's the guy who declared war on the entire city's evil by himself."

Austin smiled. He was in a good mood at the moment. Just thinking that he would soon be able to pick some interesting equipment made him very excited, although he didn't show it overtly on his face.

"Declaring war with the evils of an entire city? Is that so scary? He... He just looks like an old man." Pietro was a bit in disbelief, from his perspective, old Bruce Wayne was nothing more than an ordinary old man.

Petro even felt that even without his super speed, he could beat the old man easily with one hand.

"You really shouldn't underestimate him. Don't look at him being old now, but the combat experience in his bones has not worn off yet. If you give him time to prepare, even if you don't lose an arm, he can still find a way to kill you." Austin shook his head with a smile. Don't try to fight Batman, this is more than just a meme.

"No way, is it really as outrageous as you say?" Petro was a little sarcastic. He almost had "I don't believe it" written on his face.

In response, Austin just laughed and didn't pick up on it. There was no point in arguing for the time being. However, when there was a time in the future, he could have a good chat with Petro about how many speedsters died miserably in the DC universe.

The two of them moved quickly along the way, eventually stopping at a gate at the deepest part of the passage. A gate marked with a bat pattern, with a socket underneath the bat that appeared to be a keyhole.

"This is it." Austin quickly inserted the key and rubbed his hands excitedly.

With the roar of grinding steel, the large door slowly opened, revealing the room inside. After the door was fully opened, the lights inside automatically lit up, and all the items in the entire room were presented in front of the two.

"Woah--" Petro's mouth fell open. Although he looked down on Batman a little, the loot in front of him nonetheless left him somewhat awestruck. "It looks like President X's secret room... "

"Austin, this Batman wouldn't be a dictator like President X, would he?"   

"What do you think?"

Pietro recalled the harmless drunken old man from earlier, and then he laughed out loud. "How can that be, he doesn't have the same terrifying abilities as President X. However, Austin, is there really something here that can help you improve your combat effectiveness? Aren't these all things used by ordinary people?"

"Petro, you have to be in awe. You have to know that every single thing here, every single object, their owners had carved a colorful mark in the history of Gotham City. Don't underestimate them."

Austin said seriously. Then his gaze swept over every object placed on top of the display cabinets, as if comparing them with his memories.

Although this world had no other superheroes, Batman and most of his archenemies were still preserved. From the filled exhibition hall, it could be seen that the Batman of this world had already taken down the vast majority of Gotham's villains.

Austin walked around, stopping occasionally. Those displayed items kept awakening Austin's long-forgotten memories.

"This is Black Mask's mask, rumored to be carved by Roman from his father's coffin. And Killer Moth's uniform! Unfortunately, this guy was too weak and the uniform was useless. And here's *Professor Pyg's pig mask, another crazy guy who liked experiments and murder."

"What's this, a calendar? Can't be Calendar Man* right? My god, is this Deadshot's mask*? Looks pretty cool... How is there a set of Firefly's* outfit here? There's also a flame thrower here, which should be Firefly's, oh, and Mad Hatter's* hat too. Hard to imagine Batman would beat them up like this."

Putting down the hat, Austin turned his gaze to the other side. A shiny golden cane was on display on a shelf, with a clear question mark on it.

"Austin, look, there's a whip here, isn't it very suitable for me?"

Hearing the voice, Austin turned his head, only to see Petro fiddling with a black whip. Judging from the matte look of the whip under the light, the material was obviously not ordinary.

However, now was not the time to dwell on the material of the Whip, Austin pointed to the surveillance camera and said to Pietro. "Pietro, for the sake of your life, I advise you to put that whip back in its original place."

"Oh, uh, okay." Petro smiled awkwardly, then immediately put the whip back. He wasn't afraid of Bruce Wayne on the other end of the monitor, he was just listening to Austin.

"Hey Austin, did you find what you were looking for or not?"

"Almost, almost." Austin casually agreed, and then suddenly from the corner of his eye, he saw an exquisite umbrella. Turning his head to look, Austin smiled slightly.

"Ah ha, found one of them!"

(End Of The Chapter)...To be continued.

❇❇❇

( T/N: Extra!

Black Mask: Roman Sionis, a former business executive and mafia boss who originally hated Bruce Wayne rather than Batman, wears a black wooden mask and leads the Sionis Crime Family, also known as the False Facers. Black Mask eventually became a mob boss controlling large sections of Gotham City's criminal underworld. Following the suspicious death of his multi-millionaire parents, Sionis inherited their fortune and went on to bankrupt their company. Saved by a buyout by Bruce Wayne, Sionis came to resent and hate Wayne. Fixated on the concept of masks, Sionis carved one from his father's black coffin and sought revenge; his ensuing battle with the Dark Knight caused his mask to be burned into his skin, remaking him as the Black Mask. Sionis is now a feared gang leader and one of the most powerful mob bosses in Gotham, with a burning hatred for Batman.

Powers and Abilities

- Criminal Mastermind: He is arguably the greatest criminal strategist and organizer in all of Gotham, having taken complete control of the entire Gotham underworld on at least two occasions.
- Torture Master: Perhaps his most defining skill is his mastery of both physical and psychological torture, which he often uses to extract information or to punish his enemies.
- Hand-to-Hand Combatant: His fighting skills are at least on par with people such as Nightwing, The Red Hood, Robin, Catwoman, and even Batman.
- Peak Physical Conditioning: His strength, speed, endurance, durability, reflexes, and agility are all in peak physical condition.
- Marksman: He is an excellent marksman who is, 9/10 times, successful at hitting a target.
- Master of Disguise: He appears to be a master of disguise and a highly gifted actor.

Professor Pyg: Lazlo Valentin or Professor Pyg is a deranged enemy of Batman, broadly considered to be amongst his darkest and most disturbing. Pyg is a twisted surgeon, obsessed with the myth of Pygmalion and notions of physical perfection. Due to this, he kidnaps Gotham citizens to horrifically transform into his obedient, "Dollotrons". Professor Pyg is also the leader of the Circus of Strange, a syndicate of circus-freak themed meta-human criminals.

Powers and Abilities

- Pyg does not have any superhuman powers or abilities. He is, however, an extremely skilled surgeon.

Calendar Man: Julian Gregory Day, better known as Calendar Man, is known for committing themed crimes that correspond with holidays and significant dates. While sometimes used as a "Joke villain" Calendar Man was reintroduced in Batman: The Long Halloween, as an unsettling criminal mastermind who keeps track of Gotham's ongoings from his cell in Arkham Asylum. Gotham City's hopes for a day off are often clouded by the knowledge that any holiday of note is likely to be shadowed by Calendar Man's presence.

Powers and Abilities

- Calendar Man is a successful inventor, capable of designing the machinery needed to deploy his various schemes. His talents aid him as he pursues his obsession with quirks of the calendar, carefully planning and theming his crimes around holidays.
- Acting: Calendar Man is an effective actor who is apparently skilled in mimicking voices.
- Inventing: Calendar Man is adept at creating gadgets, weaponry, and themed costumes.
- Planning: Calendar Man is highly intelligent.

Deadshot: Floyd Lawton, better known as Deadshot, is a mercenary, and known to be the world's greatest marksman and one the most lethal assassins in the world. Lawton has created an armored suit that aids him in his battles against Batman. Deadshot has had a longstanding rivalry with Deathstroke.

Powers and Abilities

- Master Marksman: Floyd is an extremely skilled marksman, being nicknamed "the man who never misses" making very difficult shots an ordinary marksman couldn't perform.
- Master Assassin: He knows every pressure point and vulnerable spot on the human body.
- Physical Condition
- Espionage
- Expert Combatant: Using his assassin skills and military training, Floyd is an expert in the field of hand-to-hand combat.
- Tracking

Firefly: Firefly is a pyromaniacal serial arsonist and recurring enemy of Batman. Originally a pyrotechnics expert, Garfield Lynns turned to crime by carrying out arson attacks and torching huge parts of Gotham in the process. True to his name, Firefly was originally conceived as a light-based enemy of Batman and Robin. However, the modern incarnations are depicted as fire-based, often using gadgets and weapons with pyrotechnical means. Firefly is rarely seen without a suit capable of protecting him from heat, jetpack, and flamethrower. In some stories, he is depicted as having an obsession with fire, with his pyromaniacal tendencies often controlling his actions.

Initially intended as a single-appearance villain in the 1950s, Firefly became a recurring enemy during the 1990s. He has frequently appeared in Batman media since The New Batman Adventures and is often considered a fan-favorite enemy. In addition to Lynns, other characters have used the identity, including Ted Carson and Bridgit Pike.

Powers and Abilities:

-Expert in pyrotechnics and explosives.
-Thorough knowledge of inflammable agents.

Mad Hatter: Obsessed from a young age with Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland, Jervis Tetch, a brilliant neuroscientist, embraced a delusion that he was the incarnation of a character in the story, the Mad Hatter. Using his hypnotic skills for mesmerism, Tetch as the Mad Hatter has committed many crimes, often themed around the book that inspired him and his love of hats and headgear, going so far as to plant his hats, ranging from pith helmets to bowlers, with mind control chips to amplify his hypnosis skills. 

Powers and Abilities

-Tetch often utilizes his technological mind-control devices to commit his crimes. He is also a master of hypnotism and mind control. The Mad Hatter also possesses unique knowledge of hats, especially one-of-a-kind headwear. He uses these skills to carry out his obsessive fixation on Alice in Wonderland.)

❇❇❇

Support me on Patreon - Advanced Chapters There!

patreon.com/RedX43

5