Teaming Up With Batman
162 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You guys found Superman!?"

Upon hearing this, Adult Barry Allen was suddenly pleasantly surprised. He was surprised that old Bruce Wayne would actually help him and locate Superman in such a short time. He was also happy because with Superman found, the big trouble of General Zod's invasion could be perfectly resolved.

"Don't be happy too early, Superman has long been discovered and imprisoned by Russia. Who knows what condition he is in now? We still have to rescue him first before we can talk about subsequent matters," seeing how happy the other party was, Austin immediately poured cold water on it.

After all, the person who was now locked up in the military base was Supergirl instead of Superman. Austin didn't want Barry Allen to turn into despair just when he had hope, so he took a precaution in advance.

"Then what are we waiting for, let's hurry up and get going, get Superman out as soon as possible so that we can have a better discussion on how to deal with General Zod, the intruder." Barry Allen was clearly impatient already.

"My Batplane only has two seats," Batman calmly added at this time.

His meaning was also very clear. At most, he could only take two people to participate in this operation. As for who would go, the four of them could discuss it themselves. And he could also obtain more intelligence from these four people by observing them from the side.

Adult Barry Allen obviously did not notice the Old Bruce Wayne's thoughts. He immediately said, "I'll go. Superman and I know each other and I understand him very well. After rescuing him, I can make him believe us faster, and I also want to atone since this mess wouldn't have happened if not for me after all."

"No need, it's better to let the professionals handle it." Austin interrupted Adult Barry Allen's words as he first glanced at Old Bruce before speaking calmly.

"The timeline of this world is chaotic, so there's no guarantee that Superman is still the Superman you remember. And I'm familiar with almost all the changes across the multiverse, so it's better if Pietro and I go. You two can just stay in the Batcave."

"But—"

"No buts. You two are too inexperienced. You've lost your powers and ability to protect yourself. As for little Barry, he just got his powers and has no combat experience at all. He'd just be a burden if he went. And with Pietro there, no more speedsters are needed."

"But I want to help too!" Adult Barry Allen said somewhat dejectedly. Although he wanted to explain, Austin made too much sense for him to refute.

"If you really want to help, then just obediently stay here. For you, finding your Speed Force Power as soon as possible is the key, it just so happens that there are things you need inside the Bat Cave. So prepare the things yourself and wait for us to come back in peace."

Adult Barry Allen nodded. As Austin said, without the Speed Force now he had no fighting ability at all. And more importantly, if he couldn't regain the Speed Force, he wouldn't be able to traverse back to his own timeline, which he didn't want to see happen.

Moreover, Austin and Pietro look very professional, giving Barry a feeling like he is seeing Batman from another timeline, giving him a sense of confidence that they understand everything.

With them backing him up, the mission to retrieve Superman should be nine out of ten successful. He really should be thinking about how to regain his Speed Force.

And the fact was not far from what Adult Barry Allen expected. After Batman changed into his own Batsuit, he checked the Batplane and then swiftly departed with Austin and Pietro.

Taking advantage of the night sky, the Batplane arrived over the Russia Military Base without disturbing anyone or being spotted on radar.

"There's a parachute in the bag, you guys should know how to use it, right?"

Batman turned on autopilot, stabilizing the plane. Below them a hatch opened and all three seats slowly descended like the landing gear until they stopped under the plane.

The biting cold wind in the high altitude kept slapping Austin's face as he looked at Batman, knowing that this was probably another little test that Batman had given himself, and even though Austin had never attempted a parachute jump in his two lifetimes, he didn't need to at this point.   

"Thank you for your kind words, but we don't need a parachute." After saying that, Austin patted Pietro's leg, and then he whirled around and directly opened the seatbelt, and his entire body flew down from the airplane.

Sensing Austin's signal, Pietro also didn't care about the stunned Batman and jumped down himself right after him. Soon, the two figures dove into the clouds one after the other.

Seeing this, the Old Bruce Wayne was also a bit surprised, but he did not hesitate, and soon followed the figures of Austin and Pietro.

Plummeting rapidly through the air, Austin felt the tremendous wind pressure. He adjusted his goggles, then took out a large black umbrella from his back. Seeing the ground gradually becoming clear, Austin twisted the umbrella's handle switch. In the next moment, the umbrella ribs automatically extended and began spinning rapidly like a helicopter.

Austin didn't open the umbrella directly, because while that would achieve a parachute-like effect, the tremendous force generated in that instant was more than an ordinary person like him could withstand.

If he opened the umbrella directly, the two massive opposing forces would instantly tear his arms apart. Perhaps after enhancement, he could withstand it, but his current ordinary human self definitely couldn't. He was clear on that much common sense.

The propeller umbrella rapidly spun, gradually slowing Austin's descent until he finally opened the umbrella and steadily reduced the rotor speed according to gravity for a smooth landing.

On the other side, Pietro didn't have any concerns. His method was even simpler and more brutal.

When he was close to the ground, he quickly threw out several glass marbles. Then he violently accelerated, lightly stepping on the marbles which somehow became his footholds, allowing him to "run" through the air all the way to the ground.

Batman, the last one to land, also didn't use a parachute. His Bat cloak itself was the best glider. And because he descended last, he was also able to clearly see Austin and Pietro's unique landing methods.

"You're quite skilled at using Oswald's equipment," Old Bruce Wayne casually remarked after they regrouped. Austin just smiled without replying.

"It looks like we've arrived at our destination. This base doesn't exist in any records. If there are aliens here, they'd most likely be held captive in this place," Batman said, taking out his Bat drone to scan their surroundings.

"Austin, what should we do next?" Pietro also took out the lightning scepter, he had long wanted to test the power of this weapon.

"Don't be impulsive, this is a military stronghold, there must be quite a number of guards, attacking rashly will not be favorable to us. It's better to sneak in. Pietro, please go in and scout the way." Austin put on the headset for the intercom and immediately said to Pietro.

"No problem." Pietro smiled confidently, and then obediently put on his headset as well, and when he turned his head, he stunned for a moment. "Huh? Where'd that old guy go?!"

Only to see that the figure of Batman was long gone from the white and dim snow. What shocked people was that in just a few seconds, it was as if Batman had vanished from the face of the earth.

Including Austin, neither of them noticed when Batman had left. Not even a footprint was left in the snow.

It was as if Batman had disappeared into thin air.

Seeing this, Austin just laughed and shook his head.

"Forget about him, teaming up with Batman this is normal. Let's act according to our own plan, and Be careful, Pietro."

(End Of The Chapter)...To be continued.

❇❇❇

Support me on Patreon - Advanced Chapters There!

patreon.com/RedX43

❇❇❇

6