A new star
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Currently, Scott was still struggling to keep his emotion in check.

<Sorry for my incompetence, you also have to keep your emotions in check as you could lash out at any time. This will put you in a suspicious light, especially if you're someone that is calm, and it seems like you are still getting used to your new powers.>

<Quest completed>

<10 xp gained>

He had forgotten about the quest he received this morning and his encounter with his sister. He couldn't think of that now, he would deal with her when he got home.

"Good morning to you all, this is Alisson Argent, a new student who has just moved in from Euyole. Please make sure to make her comfortable and enjoy her stay here."

The principal introduced.

"I should stay keep my distance from her. "

Throughout the class period, Alisson's scent kept interrupting his concentration. He realised the sensation would grow if he looked at her and thus kept his gaze low, and to make matters worse, she was right in front of him. He felt the control he had over himself losing and his only saving grace was...

"rrrrring rrring"

The bell.

Grabbing his things and sprinting out of the class, Scott left a bewildered Stiles behind. The next on the agenda was sports, something Scotts was looking forward to because he wanted to make the first line. Scott played football or soccer as some people would call it. In New Ledred College, different people preferred different sports, so a variety was introduced. From volleyball to lacrosse to football, there was a lot of room and chance for people to partake in sports and be fit.

Getting to the field, Stiles caught up with him, panting

"Are you going to do this to your best friend ?"

"What's that ?" Scott asked.

"You left me back in class. Did I do something wrong?"

"I am sorry, I was not myself then."

The field exuded an air of vibrancy and excitement as students converged upon it. Stretching out before them like a verdant canvas, it presented a picturesque landscape for sports and spirited competition. The field, meticulously maintained, showcased a lush carpet of emerald green grass that invited athletes to tread upon its welcoming surface.

The boundaries of the field are defined by sturdy white lines that served as a roadmap for athletic pursuits. Tall, slender goalposts stood sentinel at each end, their presence evoking a sense of anticipation and possibility. The crisp, white nets draped behind them seem poised to embrace victory or soften the blow of defeat.

The field was a theatre of athleticism, with players converging from all directions to engage in exhilarating practices. The air resonated with the sounds of cheering, laughter, and the rhythmic thud of feet against the ground. A symphony of shouts and whistles filled the atmosphere as coaches guide their players towards the pitch, their voices a blend of command, advice and strategy.

As the sun hung high in the sky, its rays cast a golden hue upon the field, creating a luminous backdrop for the players' endeavours. The surrounding bleachers teem with students, friends, and free faculty members, their eyes fixed upon the about-to-unfold drama below. It was a spectacle of unity, where divisions dissolve and school spirit soared.

The field was filled with people, the ones that were there to practice and the rest were there to watch. The bleachers had already been filled to maximum capacity and some people were either sitting on the grass or standing. Alisson was amongst those sitting on the bleachers with Lydia by her side.

"Scott." The football team's coach called.

"Yeah?"

"You're on goal today."

"Yes.... wait what, I've never played, you can't just put me in goal !"

"I know, scoring some shots would boost the boys' confidence. Now get there and boost some morals"

"What about me ?"

Scott was dejected. How could the coach do this to him? He had prepared himself to perform so well and now his dream of making the first team was vanishing. He believed this year would be different, but it seemed fate had pulled some strings again.

"Try not to take any in the face. Let's go, come on."

<New quest: Star Goalie>

<Save the team captain's shot and at least 4 other players'>

Players rushed to the field and lined in front of the goal. The objective of today's practice was to shoot the ball into the goal.

The referee blew his whistle to indicate the start of practice. Scott not still used to his power couldn't endure this as it was louder than a regular whistle and it felt like his ear drums were about to burst.

<Werewolf: Inactive (100% synchronisation) )>

<Synchronisation complete>

<Passive werewolf traits in full function>

"Huh"

Scott couldn't register what the system was displaying, his hands still covering his ears. The first player on the line took this moment of weakness to kick the ball into the goal. The ball travelling towards the goal moved normally for others, but Scott was amazed. The ball was moving at a slower pace as if the player had just given him a pass. He was focused on the speed of the ball and not the fact that it was headed towards his stomach.

"Uffff"

He fell into the goal curled up with the ball still sticking to his stomach.

"Nice one Burunski"

"Thanks, coach"

The next player line shot the ball, again Scott could see and track it like the slowest thing on Earth, only this time he reacted and jumped towards it when it almost entered the goal, making an incredible save. He could have walked over towards the ball's endpoint based on its trajectory, but that would seem unnatural for an amateur like him in the eyes of others.

The crowd gasped as they never expected him to make the save. The players were shocked likewise the coach, who quickly dismissed it as beginner's luck.

The next player shot the ball and the process repeated itself, he would wait till the last second before making a save.

"Woah" Stiles was shocked, likewise everyone who was by the bleachers, unable to believe what they were witnessing.

The crowd started cheering and applauding. Scott was now feeling confident, making save after save after save. Eventually, Jackson, the team captain stepped up and took his stance. He stared dead into Scott's eyes as if to intimidate him. Scott did the same, staring back at him. Jackson shot the ball with finesse and power, curving the ball and boosting its speed and hoping to make it difficult for Scott to save it.

"Oh, God."

Scott sighed worriedly because Jackson wasn't just the team captain for fun, he was the best player on the team, unrivalled. The ball slowed down in Scott's perception and he was still able to reach it but barely. Jackson, thinking he had scored celebrated and turned ready to leave. He thought the crowd's cheering was for him and kept smiling.

"Woohoo, that's my friend" Stile shouted. Turning back, Jackson couldn't believe it. He was confident in his shot and was sure Scott shouldn't have been able to save it, but how?

"He seems pretty good" Alisson commented

"Yeah, very good" Lydia agreed, nodding slowly.

Stiles stepped up as it was his turn to take the shot. Scott wanted his friend to score and be given a chance in the first team, but he wasn't sure if he had completed the quest the system had given him

Now he was in a dilemma, allow his friend to score and risk losing some exp, or Save it and reduce the chances of his friend making the first line

1