Rivals
21 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lying on his bed, Scott could help but ponder over the day's events. From a nobody to a rising star, from a human to a myth, and things seem to be getting unreal by the second. Then there's the new girl. He didn't know why his body reacted to her that way.

"Hey, system do you have any idea why I reacted to her that way?"

Silence greeted him, making him wonder if the system spoke only when it needed to inform him of anything he needed to be aware of. He soon fell asleep not long after, only to wake up in the woods, his face planted on the dead leaves of the floor.

Waking up startled, he was trying to figure out how he got there. He seemed to be at the entrance of a cave that was below ground level and snaking its way underground. Roaming about, he could tell it was early in the morning because of the fog and the dew on the leaves. Strangely he wasn't feeling chilly, and he could only base the reason on his werewolf powers.

Looking around, he saw a silhouetted figure in a distance. It seemed like an animal, maybe a bear, but it seemed slender and wolf-like, but he had never seen a wolf this big. He saw its eyes glowing, bringing a flashback of images into his mind. It was the same wolf that bit him!

<Your Alpha is in the vicinity>

<Stats increased by 5% temporarily>

"My Alpha ?"

This whole werewolf shit is starting to annoy me, He decided to do some research when he got back home. He didn't notice the disappearance of the creature on time, and when he did, he broke into a sprint not wanting to take any chances with the said alpha.

He jumped into a river in a panic, and when he resurfaced, he found himself in the pool of a stranger. A man was by the pool watering his garden when all this happened and he hadn't uttered a word.

Running into his classroom, he knew classes had started as the hallway that was usually crowded was now deserted and empty.

"Mr McCall you are late."

"Yes sir I am sorry, I kinda slept in."

"Just get in, I am not ready for stories that touch the heart. For today's lesson..."

***

Closing his locker, an already-dressed Scott stopped in his tracks right in front of Jackson's face. Towering over him to try to intimidate him, Jackson leaned in and then placed his hands right by Scott's head, making him cower a little, titling his neck upwards to meet Jackson's face.

"Alright star boy, how 'bout you tell me where you getting your juice."

"Huh?" Scott couldn't for the love of God comprehend what he just heard.

"Where... are...you...getting...your...juice."

"Oh, my sister does all the groceries."

"Listen to me now, you're gonna tell me where you're getting it from and whose selling it, cuz there's no way in hell you're out there keeping goals like that without you practising for years, or using a chemical boost. I know you are hiding something, and I am gonna find out what exactly it is."

***

"Scott wait up" Stiles called out, panting.

Scott was at the field, getting ready to play.

"Man the match is almost starting, can it wait?"

"I kinda overheard my dad on the phone, the fibre analysis came back from the lab ok, and animal hair was found on the body in the woods."

"Stiles, we gotta go."

"Wait, you're not gonna believe what animal the hair belonged to."

Scott didn't wait for his friend to finish his sentence before walking off.

"It was a wolf."

Blowing his whistle, the coach managed to catch the players' attention.

"Gather around. Come on, move those lazy legs."

"Ok, y'all know how this goes."

Nodding their heads, the players showed their agreement with his words. He continued.

"If you don't make the cut, you will most likely be sitting on the bench for the rest of the season. If you make the cut, you play, win games for the school and make your parents proud. You become famous, everything else is easy peasy." He said grabbing some of the players' heads and shaking them aggressively.

"Now get out there, and show us what you got! Come on!"

He received shouts from the players in response. They were hyped and ready to go.

Dismissing them, the players dispersed to form their teams, Scott and Stiles on the same team. Going to the coach, Scott requested

"Hey coach, I wanna be infield, not goalkeeping"

"Are you sure? cuz what you displayed here last time was inspirational and I am convinced you were born a goalkeeper."

"Yes coach I am sure, give me a chance to prove it."

"Ok, just don't mess up and make the cut."

The teams were divided into two with the teams wearing different jersey colours, with one team wearing the home jersey, and the other wearing the away jersey. The colour of the jerseys was like that of the school, just designed differently for the purpose.

The home jersey was red, with a blue outline on the shoulder and trims with the school logo on the left, and right where the chest was. with blue shorts and white socks. The away was mostly the reverse, with blue as the main colour and a red outline, with red shorts and white socks.

Teaming up, the teams were ready to have a go at each other. The match was about to begin when the coach interrupted it, earning grunts from the players.

"I think this side is too concentrated with stars, let's mix things up and see how you all perform with teammates different from whom you are used to. "

Making some changes, the coach left Scott and Stiles in the same team, much to their joy, and Jackson on the other team.

Staring right at each other, both Scott and Jackson had the same thoughts, and that was to win the game and make fun of the other.

The whistle was blown and the match had begun.

3