CHAPTER 02: THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD IN RUINS.
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Famine, population and wars may cause the extinction of mankind, was a theory that haunted the minds of many scientists, however, they did not expect their research to be wrong.
In 2023 in the depths of the ocean in the Mariana Trench a crack expanded causing a thick gas to rise to the surface as a kind of thick and suffocating fog that silently covered the nearest seaport.
This phenomenon lasted 3 days and 3 nights, the fishermen who got up very early in the morning began to notice certain changes in the behavior of marine animals becoming brutally fiercer, the prey became predators, new animals of strange aspects were found which disconcerted them, as the days passed there was a significant drop in the supply of fish. Prices rose and demands grew, one would think it was just a small day to day inconvenience, however, as if it were a chess piece, several subtle moves were developing on the surface.
The days passed and on a morning of April 10th the dawn never came. As for half of the humans who never saw the sunlight again, a few humans seemed to come back to life, but their behaviors were so aggressive that cases of cannibalism began to spread in the news. Chaos broke out all over the world causing them to enter a kind of savage nature where there were no laws and the weak were a burden. But it was not all bad news, as if God had abandoned them completely, people who were very common began to experience changes in their bodies, some could draw fire from their hands and others could control some plants, in a short time they became known as people with abilities and these could increase their survival capabilities.


Galyana after changing her clothes took a jug of water and went out to the back garden. In that huge expanse of land thousands of flowers were scattered without any order, they gave off a pleasant and soothing smell, without much care she soaked the flowers with water, as if they had a life of their own they moved towards her direction. "As expected, this is incredible" Galyana thought calmly.
She had not long discovered this place and at that moment the flowers all over the place were wilted, she even touched one of the branches of a flower which in her hands turned to dust. Trying to experiment, she took out a pitcher of water and watered the flowers without any expectation, three days later here she was, appreciating the beauty of these colorful plants.
"They are very hardy.... Maybe because they are not real or wild?"
Galyana's track record was impeccable, every thing, animal or plant always ended up dying or escaping, that was why she felt satisfied with these plants that no matter how much she flooded them with water they didn't give up, in the middle of her thoughts she stopped for a second.
"Ding!"
"¿?"

Galyana heard the notification from the house's artificial system and stopped what she was doing, she calmly entered the house and waited for the two visitors to enter, she was very curious about the NPCs that's why she waited for them to arrive at her door.
On the other side of the house, two men covered in blood ran through the forest when they were sure the zombies were not following them they lay on the ground panting, the appearance of one of the subjects was distinguishable as he had a robust skin, large yellowish eyes as if he had been awake for several days, the teeth protruding made him look very unpleasant. The other man was thin looking like a skeleton, his baldness and sunken cheekbones gave a feeling of seeing a sick man on his death bed, due to the dirt only this could be determined.
"Damn it we almost didn't count it!"
"Tsk! You're right.... it's a pity!"
As he said those words the stout man could not prevent the corners of his thick lips from lifting, thus showing his yellowish teeth.
"HA! HA! HA! HA! you suck!"
His companion immediately understood his meaning and remembering the past they began to laugh.
The two men laughed as their features distorted malevolently. A few days before finding themselves in that situation they had an exploration team of people with abilities and also common people, since in the base they were launching different tasks where there would be rewards, which even though they were not much, served to survive for a while. The task that was launched was the exploration of the city B and since there would be people with power in the team the casualties would not be significant. The two men did not make a decision immediately but took the time to study the whole scenario and once they had analyzed the advantages and disadvantages they joined a small exploration group, without many skilled subjects. Once they arrived at the city B as time went by the team members were decreasing as there were too many zombies. When there were only 5 members left including them, they knew their time had come.
They quickly attacked the team captain by setting a trap for him, without the other 2 members realizing it, and when they reacted, their leader had already been corroded by the zombies. Without knowing where to take refuge the last two people a 15 year old girl and her brother 3 years older were manipulated by these men, these people did not know that these guys did not care if they lived or died, but these guys were clear, they only wanted to satisfy their depraved needs. Therefore, the sister and older brother as unskilled people did not object to their decisions and with a persistent fear they let them do whatever they wanted with them in order to survive.
They were sexually abused by these subjects, no matter if they were women, children or men, anyone who aroused their depravity would not be denied. They knew how to study the groups they joined since it was not the first time they did it. Today they had decided to end it all, they could not let these people reach the base alive since they could put them in a difficult situation. Without any guilt they were guided to an area populated by zombies where they were used as bait, thanks to this they were able to escape from being bitten.
After half an hour of resting the fat man got up from the ground and looked at the thick forest that surrounded them, it was so quiet that he had barely noticed how unusual it was, he furrowed his brow as he approached the nearest tree. He took one of its branches and climbed it to its tip, a few minutes later he looked down at his companion and he immediately understood the message.
He had found something, when his companion came down from the tree he told him what he had seen. "Approximately two kilometers to the south there was a mansion, there was no sign of movement so it was possible that it was abandoned."
Without waiting any longer they started walking towards the place after an hour the fat man began to furrow his brow.
"That's strange..."
"What's strange."
"I'm sure in less than an hour we would be meeting the house however it seems there is no end to this road."
"Shall we walk some more?"

"Let's go on."
His companion did not question him after an hour the fat man began to have second thoughts however before he could think any more about the abnormality of the place his eyes lit up.
"I see it, we are close" he exclaimed.
The two advanced moving the branches that obstructed their view, when they came out of the lush forest the two subjects were stunned, hills full of wild flowers were scattered all over the place, the smell of flowers penetrated their nostrils leaving them lethargic, it was as magical as if they had entered another world. The sun gently patched with its light those flowers of different colors making them see something really beautiful, something that had been lost for a long time in that post apocalyptic world. They looked like people with no thoughts of their own, their bodies walked along the path while surrounded by the beautiful flowers.
Every now and then the petals of the flowers brushed their hands leaving a velvet feeling, night was not yet falling, but because of the forest behind them the light seemed to disappear faster.
"SHA! SHA!" the wind rustled.
Suddenly the sun was completely hidden leaving them on a dark patch, their hair bristled feeling with it a wind behind their necks. The fat man noticed this very unusual, he felt observed but the strangest thing was that it seemed that his body did not respond, his teeth began to chatter and the smell of urine spread contaminated the sweet scent of the flowers. The fat man with super developed eyesight wanted to scream, but he had no strength, thousands of tiny slit eyes were looking at him while swaying gently in sync, but without attacking him, with all the strength he had left he turned his head, but what he saw was worse than the eyes that were watching him. On the skin of his companion thousands of veins moved by their own will suddenly as if his skin was very thin, this broke leaving thousands of tiny roots that ran over his entire body, the jaw opened as if he wanted to scream and those eyes in absolute terror could not describe the situation. Like a horror movie the eyes burst out leaving holes over his face.
"AH..!"
The fat man whispered, with the little strength he had, he didn't know how he had fallen in that situation but of one thing he was 100% sure and that was that after the flowers finished feeding on his companion he would be next, therefore, with his eyes that could still move he tried to look for something that would save his life and right there just a few meters away from him a silhouette of a person appeared, he made no sound he remained in the same position.
"Help...!" he whispered again, however, as if his insides were churning, his eyes caught how that silhouette smiled at him while the flowers began to pierce his skin with an unbearable pain, his body creaked, and slowly his bones were breaking, the blood came out of all his orifices while it seemed that the earth beneath him was moving with delight.
After an indefinite time, the lights of the house finally came on, illuminating a little the back flowers of the garden, there, on them, two species of skins drained of organs and blood were left adrift, but this did not affect the unusual beauty of these wild flowers.

0