Chapter 12: Oopsie Again?
423 7 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 12: Oopsie Again?

(Rumi POV)

Jumping across the cityscape. Feeling the wind in my hair. I was having the time of my life!

 

I recently graduated from Hiro High in Hiroshima and completed my internship under Nemuri Kayama. Also known as the R-Rated Hero – Midnight.

 

After ending my internship in Musutafu and leaving my mentor behind, I started on my way to search for a place I could call home.

 

Since I was an orphan, I had no place to hang my leotard. My mentor had offered to host me in Musutafu upon the condition that I join her agency. But I declined.

 

Bound by the regulations meant for civilians, ensnared by the limitations imposed by the orphanage, and forced to navigate the unsettling gazes from the males in my class—while receiving nothing but death glares from the females half of the time—I had no desire to tie myself to yet another institution.

 

I want to use my quirk freely, to live my life away from all these social expectations. But I still need a way to secure a living. So I decided to be a hero. The perfect way to sate my lust for battle while making myself a good bit of moolah.

 

And that’s why I’m here in Fuji City. On my way to visit the Aokigahara Forest since it just might be the perfect place to pitch my tent. Away from the bustling crowds, surrounded by nature, and only one city away from Musutafu.

 

But when I heard the call for any hero in the area to intervene in a fight between villains, I didn’t hesitate to jump off of the building I was standing on. After all, my name is Rumi Usagiyama. And I am the Rabbit Hero – Mirko.

 

BANG KRAKAM

The moment I broke into the warehouse where the fight was suspected to have reached a standstill, white powder obscured my view. Was it the quirk of the villains fighting here?

 

Before the powder-ish substance could settle down, I took advantage of the situation to jump onto the only sound I could hear beyond the white veil. Foot first, I attacked without hesitation. The warehouse should only have villains after all.

 

Despite a fleeting curiosity about the whereabouts of the person my target was fighting, I held onto that notion, keeping my guard up for any potential hidden attacks.

 

The target dodged effortlessly, if the smooth sound his feet are making against the ground is any clue. The moment I landed, I pushed myself in the opposite direction away from where the target evaded to make some space and see with whom I am fighting against.

 

I blew out the remaining powder off my face and finally got a good look at the villain. And my expectations of a big burly guy with tattoos all over his body, with gold teeth and bald with tattoos on the head- were dashed when I saw him.

 

My heart started to skip a few beats. My ears began to flop about erratically, and my tail was wagging so hard that my ass was starting to hurt. My fingers were twitching and I’m pretty sure that my pupils were dilated.

 

I could see colours where there weren’t before, and my battle stance was slipping. I couldn’t see my surrounding clearly. All I could see – was him.

 

Oh, there he was, a total dreamboat who was around my age and couldn't be more than 20? His hair, all messy and raven-black, and his eyes—OMG, they were this deep, dark brown that you could get lost in! And I think some carrot cream slipped out of me. Just a little.

 

His skin? Flawless, seriously, not a single blemish in sight. And his outfit? Casual sportswear, but he made it look so fine, like a feast for the eyes. Total heartthrob alert!

 

As if to confirm the thought, my heart was throbbing so hard that it was bordering painful. Look! He is now holding a carrot between his oh so kissable lips. Yes! Mamma likes what she is seeing right now.

 

I was rooted in place. I don’t know why but I couldn’t move, no matter how hard I wanted to jump into his arms, rip his clothes off and make some rabbit babies right there. But as if to answer the desire he could see in my eyes, he started to walk towards me. Carrot in hand.

 

Soon he was standing in front of me. But before I could lean into him, I blacked out.

 

(MC POV)

The amount of shock I felt when Mirko broke into the warehouse could not be explained. To meet one of the most popular characters after Momo as a harem member the day I stepped into civilization was surprising. I mean what are the chances? (A/N: Pretty high)

 

I was still in a daze when she launched a pre-emptive attack. If it wasn’t for Sage who took the wheel and moved me away, I’m pretty sure that my head would just be a splatter on the wall.

 

She then jumped a distance away from me and turned in my direction in a battle stance. With one knee brought up to her chest, an arm tucked in and the other spread out to help balance herself, she looked quite ready to face whatever she expected to face here.

 

But the moment the last of the white powder was blown away from her, the stance she was holding slipped. Her red eyes had turned into red heart emojis. Her ears were twitching and flapping about cutely. And if that didn’t stroke the desire for a bunny girl in my life, her small, cute rabbit tail was flapping about excitedly.

 

However! I shall not fall prey to the lust of all the virgins who are reading my biography right now in a parallel universe.

 

Even her adorable little red tongue peeking out between her parted lips is not enough to seduce me! FUCK!!!! I’m strong!! I’m a man!! If I act now, there is a high chance that the 1.85% of female readers would drop this fic! They would label me as just another pervert and I would take damage even universes apart!

 

“Sorry to interrupt your internal conflict, Host, but the individual known as Rumi Usagiyama is going to die in forty-two seconds due to inhaling almost 50 grams of pure Ketamine.” Sage broke my line of thought.

 

“Huh?” I replied intelligently.

 

(A/N: Unlike baseline humans, 50 grams of Ketamine would not instantaneously kill a person as physically capable as Rumi. It would take about a minute or two… I think… idk, I’m not a drug abuser and anyone who tries to correct the measurements is one.

 

Next update on Tuesday! I made a change in the list of powers. A reader pointed out that wolverine level healing powers is inaccurate. They were right. So I changed the description! Take a peek and I’ll see you all in 1 ½ days. Bye-bye!)

 

Like it? Add to Reading list and don't forget to toggle on your notifications!
Have some thoughts about my story? Comment it and let me know.

14