Ch3) New Beginnings – My ‘new family’
331 6 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As if waiting on Lyssa's affirmation, a pale luminescence briefly permeated the room before forming into a small, nigh-transparent sphere atop Envanna's open palm. Bringing her other hand up, Envanna punctured her thumb with her canine, then held the wound within the sphere. The drawn blood began to swirl within, the pale white and deep crimson looking to envelop one another.

Drawing her hand back- "Lyssa. Thee needn't speak, just understand." Envanna brought her hand to eye level, closing her hand upon the wounded thumb. "Thee shan't find comfort in mine presence at times. I ask of thee..." Opening her hand, no trace of injury could be seen. "I shall be with thee henceforth, therefore I ask of thee to be with me all the same."

Lowering her hand, Envanna stared into the bright red sphere. Her somber expression replaced with a frown. "Thy sin be impatience, mother.My sin, huh? A humanoid figure formed beside Envanna, before both turned to face one another. You know well enough, that is not a question to ask right now. She is still recovering! And yet, you still asked her... Reaching a hand out, the figure rubbed Envanna's cheek. It seems I am not the only one who's impatient. "Seven years, two decades, five centuries."

The two moved towards the bed, the figure becoming more feminine and slightly dimmer. Envanna sat on her lap while being hugged from behind. It has been a long time for you. "Sleep hast taken her. Slumber's hold on her... shan't be long?" I would say ten days, and no longer than a cycle. But! During that time, I recommend that you sort things out with yourself. "Elaborate?" Envanna tiled her head, to which the figure giggled Find out what you want for the two of you and how to obtain it- or rather, for the moment... take it upon yourself to make a home. Envanna flinched. "Mine home suffices, no?" No. A flat refusal. My adorable daughter... you need to learn that your castle can accommodate her, but she will not be at home.

The two go silent. Their focus turned to the bright red sphere. Ripples would sporadically form across its surface, the sphere dilating with every undulation. Originally no larger than a golf ball, it grew to now be slightly larger than a basketball. However, what caught their attention was the tiny wisp-like core that formed within. The solid lavender sphere slowly drifted within the larger red sphere, growing in tandem. She is doing fine. The figure caressed Envanna's head, whom had worry plastered on her face. "...hrm." Shutting her eyes- "Indeed." Envanna lent back and entrusted herself to the figure.

***

My daughter's breathing slowed, falling asleep against my breasts... well, my medium's anyway. Regardless, things are progressing smoothly. I lay her down atop the bed- Sleep well, child. I kiss her forehead before observing the creation of my second daughter's body. The physical body's formation is progressing outstandingly. One of- if not the best case scenario. In lieu of that is her mental state. As it stands she is in a state similar to hibernation... by force.

What happened to this girl's spirit is... complex. To the point that I had to reincarnate her in this roundabout way. The only saving grace is that her memories- both good and bad- have become inaccessible to her during the process. Reality hadn't been kind to her, so re-living those memories repetitively until the process is finished would not do her well.

Seriously. Looking at her tattered spirit... I will have to bring this to the senate.

I sit up from the bed and walk up to my second daughter. My 'pale moon' and my daughter's 'crimson blood' still exist within, so she shall benefit from both, but her 'purple' is quite exceptional. Moreover, it is not fully matured nor properly integrated! This must be brought to the senate. I will take my leave, but first...

Placing my hand atop my second daughter, I weave a thread to connect our beings. Oh? Fufufu. I can't help but laugh. Such a splendid surprise, one after another. I think, I shall leave this alone.

Finishing my work, I walk towards the window and let my medium dissipate, returning to my realm.

 

As the figure disappeared, the sphere- Lyssa- moved towards the bed. Envanna turned and grasped her, pulling her into a tight embrace while still sleeping. Light breathing is all that could be heard within the room as the sun rose on the Stella queendom.

***

Lyssa saw many things during her slumber- some dreams and some nightmares, some of reality and some of memories; she was of no mind to distinguish between them. To her, she was standing in a shallow river, feeling the gentle flow.

However, regardless of what she saw, there was always something within her. Something warm and comforting. She couldn't tell what. Just that it was the tether that kept her from being pulled along with the river. Or rather, at some point a second 'tether' was there? It was not as comforting, nor as pronounced, but felt much more... natural.

Grasping the tethers... she didn't have hands to grasp with. But Lyssa felt that she could 'pull' them somehow.
This brought her forward.

She continued pulling, slowly making her way through the river. Every attempted step was met with great resistance, but simply by pulling on those tethers, Lyssa moved.

Curious, Lyssa looked down. The river is clear flowing water. The river is grimy stagnant muck.
There was no way to tell which was which, just that both were difficult to move in.

Then, a sudden change. First was smell. Previously, there was nothing; she'd completely forgotten about smell. Now, the air carried a pungent stench of iron. The sky slowly dimmed into a red-violet, a red moon taking place of the sun, skeletal remains and armaments littering the riverbank, and the water turning crimson.

Surprisingly, there was no revulsion; Lyssa felt calm, and continued pulling.

Just as suddenly, things changed once more.
She was in a dense forest. A familiar place that caused her to feel... uneasy. Lyssa pulled. She wanted to get away from here. From something. Or, maybe it was 'towards' that something.

The answer was made clear to her upon reaching an opening.

A segmented waterfall leading into a pond of clear water, which the river originated from. The flat surface of a boulder barely broke the surface of the pond, on which laid- Envanna.

With this, the prologue is nearing it's end. There will be a interlude with Envanna's PoV to mark the end of the prologue (it's essentially going to be supplementary information/events).

After that, I'm going to focus on releasing the prologue chapters of another series, 'Yuri Sisters'.

10