Travis Wilson 2
45 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2

SIGH

With a loud sigh, I entered the bar. The colorful lights and celebrative atmosphere did not help cheer me up one bit. I felt like really down. I really felt like this one musician who died early. The bartender who happens to be the bar owner and my landlord decided to call me over after seeing my depressed face.

 "Yo, Travis come and have a drink with me here." He shouted from where he stood. Which surprisingly did not attract attention to where I was.

Anyway, I thank God inwardly because I was going to get a free drink and also someone who was going to listen to my stories. The bartender was a really good listener and always gave the right advice when needed.

I do not know if these are some bartender traits, but I must say they are really good ones basically meaning I cannot be one. Dodging a lot of tables and drinking men I was able to get closer to the counter. 

With a gloomy look, I sat right in front of him and instantly downed the glass of whiskey that had been placed in front of me. 

'Ahh that really hit the spot.' I said inwardly while looking at the glass in my hand. Alcohol was then the only way for those who did not smoke and do drugs.

"So, Travis why the sad face on this beautiful Friday night?" He asked me with a face filled with compassion and love.

"Hmm, where should I even begin Uncle Ken, a Straight A student like me cannot find a simple job in the whole of New York. I know if I settle for something less, I will find something, but I just cannot do that."

I paused to breathe in a bit and recollect my thoughts.

"Here boy down this one too and let your pain wash away."

I downed the second whiskey and continued on with my story.

"I have big plans I want to be a millionaire and if possible, a billionaire. I want to make my dead mother and father proud wherever they are. But with the way things are heading, I am not even sure I can do just that."

This time I was like really crying I was tired and stressed out.

Uncle Ken placed his hands on my shoulders which made me look him straight in the eye.

"Son, I understand you. You want a better life filled with riches, happiness, and if possible, a beautiful wife."

With the mention of the beautiful wife, I remembered the blonde-haired woman I saw in the Bugatti Divo. Thinking about her now I think she kind of a European but more on the Russian side. Uncle Ken continued on with his words of advice which made me stop my train of thoughts.

"But the question is, do you really have what it takes to achieve it? Success ain't about owning big cars, houses, and women but it is all about doing things that can be achieved now and feeling proud of it. You are a 22-year-old man I do not know why you are rushing; you should just relax and ask yourself this question. What am I not doing right? If you are able to find that answer you will be able to know what you must do."

'WHAT AM I NOT DOING RIGHT?'

'WHAT AM I NOT DOING RIGHT?'

'WHAT AM I NOT DOING RIGHT?'

This question rang in my head three times, but I had no answer for that. 

I have never asked myself this question. I began to shake my head gently when I began to think over these words.

"Uncle Ken I am grateful for your words of encouragement and the whiskey."

"No problem son you can have this last glass to go to bed with."

Uncle Ken gave me another glass and I downed it in a single gulp. My head has never felt clearer. I decided to head upstairs and ask myself the question. 

"What am I not doing right?"

I mumbled it as I climbed up. There was a lot of noise in the bar, but it seemed I was in deep thought and too concentrated on this question to hear any noise and because for the first time since I started staying in an apartment above a bar. I have never felt real peace and silence.

1