Sponged Frohawk with high burst fade
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Burst FadeChapter 5

Chapter 5

Looking at my bet slip one last time I decided to head out of my room and see if I could improve my interactive and communication ability.

The first place I decided to visit was Uncle Ken's workstation which was surprisingly behind the counter. 

"Hello Uncle Ken, how is your afternoon." I greeted this kind man with a smile as I descended the stairs. 

"I am fine young lad and happy to see you taking my advice." He said smiling at me. He had one of the best smiles in the world. After exchanging greetings I sat on the chair that had been placed in front of his counter.

"What do you want this morning alcohol or just juice." Uncle Ken asked me whilst wiping the glasses on the counter. People were in the bar around this time but there were not many.

Lowkey the the just juice he said gave me quite a scare but I decided to play it cool.

"Just juice is fine," I said with a nod. I was still imagining all the headaches I would have gone through had I woken up early which even gave me a slight headache now.

"So, son have you been able to find the answers to the question I asked you yesterday?"

"Not all Uncle Ken I am still trying to find more answers to the question. I am sure if I am able to find the answers to the question, I will be able to change my life for the better."

"Hahhahhahhahahhaha, I knew you were one special lad ever since I saw you. I remember the day you came rushing in here telling me you wanted a place to stay. You looked tired, frustrated, and sad but not broken. You had a strong passion to succeed, one I have never seen in any young lad. And I am happy I was able to help you that day.'

"Thanks, Uncle Ken I am so happy you helped me whenever I am at my lowest. You are like a father who supports his son in a time of need." After I finished saying this I got up and hugged the old man. 

He was a bit surprised by the sudden hug but he hugged me back which made me happy.

When I finished hugging him I knew what I just did was straight-up weird but he just smiled at me and wished for my well-being. I asked for his number and decided to head out.

The time was around 1:30 pm right now and I had nothing to do.

I had read a lot of novels and fictional stories to know that something good would happen to me today. And that something good was getting a new haircut and getting rid of the beard of shame and depression.

Walking through Lower Manhattan in a white Chase Deer and black shorts was quite weird because almost everyone wore work clothes. I remember wearing work clothes when I was working during my university days.

Anyway, after looking around for some time, I found a sleek hair salon. The guys in that salon were dripping in their clothes and seemed to be having an interesting conversation.

Mustering courage I entered the salon and looked at the football show they were watching. I thought the guys in the salon would look at me weirdly but contrary to my expectations. They began asking me questions about football, what my name was, what hairstyle I wanted, and a whole lot of information.

The way they received me was on top of the roof. I also talked about football with them and watched Brighton and Nottingham Forest which was playing. And just like I had predicted Both Teams were able to score even before the end of the first half which made me happy.

Now it was just left with the Tottenham and Aston Villa match which I knew was also going to win. So, I was like on top of the roof now.

Anyway, I settled for Sponged Frohawk with high burst fade for the haircut. I have never tried that hairstyle before, and I must admit I looked great in it. The sideburns that had been well-shaped and trimmed made the hairstyle look perfect. 

I was then even forced by the guys to create an Instagram account and post pictures of myself there because I looked like a model.

And I had to admit I did look like one. I stayed at the barbering shop and watched the Aston Villa match with them. And like I had expected 3 goals came in the match which meant I had won the bet. The haircut cost me $70, but I tipped them $30 and promised them I would always come for a haircut here.

1