We Killed Spider-Woman…
375 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside S.H.I.E.L.D.

Nick Fury stood at the window of his office, looking gloomily at the sky of fire over New York City. 

The fire in the sky directly destroyed Nick Fury's idea of recruiting Andrew Luo. 

Even Hill at the moment stood beside Nick Fury with a gloomy face. All the arrangements she made were completely lost in this fire.

"Director, this..." 

Hill turned to Nick Fury.

Nick Fury stared gloomily at the scattered sparks in midair.

"Hill, who do you think did this?"

Hill was taken aback. She was a little surprised by the question.

Isn't it Tony? Besides him, who else has the ability to invade other systems with such fanfare and control the Iron Army? 

Although the footage was sent back via satellite, they couldn't hear the conversation. But only Tony has that capability.

But Nick Fury must have his doubts to ask such a question.

Hill said, "Director, do you mean to suspect that Ivan Vanko was killed by someone else?"

Nick Fury did have this suspicion: "Tony is not a good man, but from what I know of him, he would not have killed Ivan Vanko in this way."

Nick Fury looked at the flames that had faded in the sky, and continued: "Send someone to investigate. I want every word they just said on the spot, not a single punctuation mark missed!"

"Understood, Director!" 

After Nick Fury's reminder, Hill couldn't help but feel curious too. 

Hill followed behind Nick Fury and said, "Should we really care about what's going on in the military district? After all, the death of a general is no small matter."

"It's not that I don't want to get involved. It's that the military doesn't allow S.H.I.E.L.D. people to intervene. You know what they're trying to hide. Those guys don't want us to find anything that shouldn't be investigated."

Hill nodded knowingly: "That saves us a lot of trouble then. I'll go brief Captain Rogers, and I hope to have what you want on your desk tomorrow."

"Good. Don't worry, I'll have it done." 

After watching Nick Fury leave, Hill immediately launched his personal team to start investigating everything about tonight, including the conversation between Tony and the others. 

Time was tight so Hill had to do some of it himself after giving instructions to his team. Hill also left the S.H.I.E.L.D. facility.

Not long after Nick Fury and Hill left, a well-dressed man entered Nick Fury's office. 

After working on Nick Fury's desk, a recording started playing in the room - it was everything Nick Fury and Hill had discussed tonight.

After listening to it, the man in the suit frowned deeply. 

"Ivan Vanko, is he really dead?" 

Although still a bit skeptical, the conversation between Nick Fury and Hill was right in front of him. Coupled with the flashy fireworks across New York, under such an explosion, surviving would be nearly impossible.

After analyzing the reliability of the conversation, the man took out a small satellite phone. He carefully dialed a number.

The first sentence he uttered was in a low voice: "Hail Hydra..."

"Andrew, is the Red Queen really that powerful?" 

Facing Gwen's question, Andrew smiled and said, "She's just very skilled professionally. If Ivan Vanko wasn't so confident in his hacking skills, the Red Queen wouldn't have been able to do that."

Gwen then asked, "Would Tony's armor work as well?"

The Red Queen was the first to answer: "Not Possible, Miss Gwen."

"Why, isn't Tony's armor controlled via a network too?" 

"Miss Gwen, while Tony's armor is controlled through a network, when the control terminal is J.A.R.V.I.S and Tony himself is a genius." 

At the moment, there was a humanized admiration in the eyes of the Red Queen as she explained: "Tony has integrated two systems in the armor. One is based on J.A.R.V.I.S's control system. The other is completely independent, controlled solely by him. Once J.A.R.V.I.S or the inside of the suit encounters any network intrusion, Tony can immediately cut off the network to retain full control."

Andrew nodded understandingly after listening to the Red Queen's explanation. 

No wonder during the Ultron crisis, Ultron could only control other basic robots. He couldn't take over any of the Iron Man suits. So there's this level of technical sophistication involved.

In this regard, Gwen seemed much more naive. She could only nod half-understanding: "I think I get it."

"Miss Gwen, there's been a jewelry store robbery on Midtown Street, the perpetrator is running towards 13th Block."

Gwen looked at Andrew and said proudly, "Looks like it's my turn to take action!" 

Seeing Gwen's eagerness to try out her new combat suit, he said: "Go on then, it's getting late. Come back after you're done."

"Let's go, Queen!" Gwen shouted and ran towards the small room.

As soon as she entered, the black glass in front turned into a panoramic map of New York City. After zooming in, an image appeared - three robbers in black hoods looting a jewelry store. The staff had their hands up, not daring to act rashly. 

After grabbing the loot, the three robbers rushed out. The alarm started blaring behind them. 

Kacha~ The black glass opened, and a gust of cold wind poured in. 

Gwen smiled and jumped out directly. In mid-air, she pressed the watch and liquid Vibranium quickly spread over her body. In just a second, she was wearing the Nova 5 suit.

"Let me introduce some new features of Nova 5." The Red Queen's voice came, and a function overview appeared before Gwen's eyes.

"Nova 5 is made of liquid Vibranium, capitalizing on its properties. Its defense can be said to be the best among all era's suits." 

"Vibranium absorbs almost all kinetic energy from impacts, and is resistant to heat and corrosion."

Gwen quickly swung towards 13th Block, very familiar with the neighborhood. A test video was projected after her eyes turned red.

"Tests show Nova 5 can withstand any bullet directly." 

The video showed dozens of guns firing at Nova 5 - it lasted 10 seconds, and the lab filled with smoke, but the suit was untouched without a mark.

"This is unbelievable!" If not shown by the Red Queen, Gwen wouldn't have believed Nova 5 had such a defense. Compared to it, the NYPD's bulletproof vests were weak.

"Cool, no more worrying about dodging bullets!" Gwen was overjoyed. She used to rely on Spider-Sense to dodge, but now she could charge straight on!

Hearing the sirens close by, the three robbers were almost caught up. They didn't drive off, that would draw more attention. Instead they weaved through 13th Block's alleys to escape the police. 

Soon they crossed to a spacious square. "We're clear! Quick, change clothes and hide the gold, we'll come back tomorrow!" 

Just as they were about to change, Gwen lowered herself on a web strand. "Hey, that used to be my thing. Though I don't need it anymore..." 

She mused, it was so tedious changing suits before. But not anymore.

"Spider-Woman! Another meddler, shoot!" Gunshots rang out.

Gwen took the bullets and dropped motionless. 

"We...we killed Spider-Woman!" The leader grew excited seeing Spider-Woman shot down...

To be continued...

12