Chapter 39: Carter and Alexis
122 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Maybe a little warning for you carrot addicted rabbits. Some rape up ahead. You can skip it if you'd like. Also, chapter kinda sucks but I want to leave it regardless.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Alexis)

Looking into the broken bathroom mirror, I saw my own shattered reflection. Bruised and beaten, tears running down my face and ruining my mascara. This wasn't broken before… was it? Ruined beyond repair?

 A sigh came from my lips, shaking my head from side to side. I must be more out of it than I thought.

Washing my bloody, shaky hands in the sink, I scrubbed as hard as I could, trying to remove the filth off me. But it was useless. It will never go away, always there to remind me.

A door opening broke me out my delirious thoughts. Thinking nothing of it, I only glanced towards the direction of the sound. However, my eyes widened slightly seeing the person walk in. I knew him. My neighbor.

"Uh, Mr. Parker? You do know this is the lady's room right?" A chuckle came from me, he must have gotten it mixed up is all. But then, a disgusting smile appeared on his face.

"Oh, I know darling. Saw you walk in here, and I wanted to check up on you. Dangerous times am I right? Shouldn't be here all alone. After all, who knows what could happen now that it's the end of the world?" I gulped slightly, feeling a bit of fear climb my spine. What did he mean by that?

"Y-Yeah, I guess so." An awkward silence filled the air as he stood there, unmoving with that same smile. Jesus, was he always this creepy?

"A-Anyway, I should get going. Don't wanna miss breakfast." I didn't want to move closer to him, but he was blocking the only exit out. I squeezed my way past him, just about to grab the doorknob when a hand shot past me.

I flinched in fear when his large hand slammed on the door, creating a loud sound.

"Mr. Parker?" He must have sensed my terror, because his smile grew slightly larger. He stepped in front of the door, making me back up with unsteady steps. I started shaking uncontrollably as he licked his lips, his eyes looking me up and down.

"I've always wanted to do this you know? For fucking years now, you teased me with this body. Shaking your tight little ass here and there." He came closer to me as I backed up even more,. But… my back hit the wall. I wasn't dumb, I knew what he wanted to do.

What can I do?! What weapon can I use?! My eyes looked everywhere, but nothing was here!

"Mm. God, I can already imagine it. You've probably been waiting for this, am I right? Always wearing such slutty clothing." My face scrunched up in disgust and fright as I saw the front of his jeans become tight.

Please God no! I haven't even had my first kiss yet!

Clearly done with the chase, he barreled towards me so fast I couldn't dodge. He grabbed my shoulders and easily pushed me to the floor with his superior strength.

"Please! Don't do this! No no no!" Ignoring my desperate pleas, he tried to unbutton my skirt and shirt as I struggled against him. I tried to fight back, even landing a solid punch on his face.

But it did nothing, except make him angry. He returned my punch with one of his own. My ears were ringing and my head was buzzing as my movements became sluggish. Before I knew it, he gave up trying to take off my skirt, instead hiking it up and pushing my panties out of the way.

"N-No! Stop! Help me! He-" Another fist crashed against my face, making me almost black out as he angrily whispered.

"Shut the fuck up you stupid little slut! Another word out of you and I'll fucking kill you!" My body shivered at his threat, tears running down my eyes and making them blurry. Yet, despite that, I could see what he was doing.

He pulled down his pants and underwear, allowing me to get a clear view at his erect dick. I tried to use my hands to push him off, but his punches had left me weak. Besides, I was just a teenage girl. How can my strength compare to his?

"This is your fault, you know that right? Can only blame yourself."

He lined up his dick with my special place, the head of his wretched penis touching it. The place I thought would only be reserved for my future husband.

Without caring for my feelings, he roughly shoved it in, making me cry out in pain! My tears flowed like a river as he sawed in and out of me roughly! It hurt! It hurt so much!

"Fucking finally! Thank God for the apocalypse!" His hands came to my throat, choking me as he cared little for my well-being. Down below, due to the blood of my hymen getting torn and his rough actions, he was able to move easier and faster.

"You like that don't you?! Filthy whore!" 

Once more, I tried to fight back, my nails cracking and breaking as I hit him in the chest. But all he did, was hit me in the face a few more times, making my struggles cease as he grinned viciously.

"That's right bitch! Just accept it!" Both of his hands went back to my throat, choking me so harshly I couldn't breathe.

I hated this. Why did such a thing have to happen to me? I didn't deserve this. I was a good person, who did good things.

His grunts faded, as did my own cries of pain. Color disappeared from my vision as the world became gray. My eyes glanced at the mirror, focusing on it intensely. Broken, just like me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alexis woke from her dreaded nightmare with a start, hearing screams and gunshots. She looked around with her void and dead eyes, noticing a lack of a certain someone.

"C-Clara?" Her voice was soft and weak as she shivered in place. Bringing her knees to her chest, she wrapped her arms around them and called out once more.

"P-Please Clara. I need you." Tears flowed down her face as she sobbed uncontrollably, her voice cracking. The nightmare had scared her deeply.

A banging sound coming from the door made her quiet down. Frightfully, she looked at the door, able to see a dark figure standing there bashing against it. A face soon appeared, a face she hated more than anything. Mr. Parker.

He grinned lewdly as he slammed his head into the window of the door, his creepy smile never leaving his face.

"Round two? You little bitch!" He snarled ravenously and roared like a demon from Hell, making Alexis freeze in terror as he banged his head and elbows into the glass, cracking it.

Her hands went over her head as she closed her eyes and screamed, crying out for Clara once more. She had become very dependent on her since the… incident.

"Clara! Help me!" Then, she heard it. A gunshot that stopped the banging. Looking up, she saw the infected man slumped against the window of the door, his brains splattered onto the glass.

Someone threw him off and opened the door roughly, making Alexis jump with fear.

Carter rushed into the room after throwing the dead body away. Seeing the young and frightened girl in a fetal position, his heart softened immensely.

Walking up to her, he offered her his hand, but was shocked when she screamed out, hands over her head as she looked at him with pure fear.

"No! No don't touch me! Clara! John! Help me!" Again she called out for Clara, even John this time. He had heard this from outside the room, which was one of the reasons he came to her aid. The other, was that he simply wanted to help.

He didn't want to tell her that she was dead, but there was little choice. Just as he was about to say it, he glanced out the window. His eyes widened as he grabbed the young girl's arm and pulled her up.

"No! Not again!" She thrashed against him wildly, scratching his arms with her nails.

"Listen to me! Clara's gone! And you will be too if you don't follow me!" Alexis's ears buzzed as she heard Carter's voice. She wanted to deny it, but someone beat her to the punch.

A loud, thunderous roar shook them, making them kneel to the floor with their hands over their ears.

"Dammit!" Carter stood up and looked out the window, some fear running down his spine. He squatted down next to Alexis, pleading with her.

"Please! You have to get up and follow me! I'm a friend of Clara and John! You have to trust me!" Once more, he offered her his hand. He was prepared to wait here for hours, even if it meant dying with her.

If he left now, he would regret it for the rest of his life. After all, the whole reason he stayed behind was to save people. What was the point if he abandoned someone in need?

Alexis looked at his hand and for some reason, took it. She shouldn't trust him, but there was a nagging feeling in the back of her mind that she could. Her savior smiled happily, almost like a child. It made her feel safe, and warm.

"Thanks! My name's Carter little lady and I swear, you'll get outta here in one piece. Now le-" He was interrupted by a massive explosion from just outside.

Together, hand in hand, they looked out the window and saw the massive twelve meter Behemoth rushing towards a tank. It shot out again, striking the Behemoth right in the chest and making him groan in pain as he kept going, a gaping bleeding hole appearing dead center. Arriving at the tank, he grabbed the main gun and pushed with all his might, bending it backwards.

Another loud sound made the two spectators watch as a missile flew from the roof and struck the monster in the shoulder, making him take a knee. The Behemoth stood up and roared out in anger. Picking up a nearby jeep, he threw it at the roof, making the building shake when struck. Based on the screams, it seemed like he had a good arm on him.

"Okay, we need to get going! There's more bastards on the way!" And he wasn't lying. From where they were, they could see thousands of infected running straight towards the camp from down the road. Luckily, they were preoccupied by the refugees outside. But that wouldn't be the case for long.

They ran out of the classroom, Carter taking lead as Alexis hid behind his strong and wide back. It made her feel some comfort and security.

"Hm, we're on the second floor. Going through the stairwells is dangerous, barely made it through myself. We need to regroup with some of the other soldiers. Only chance we have." Hearing his plan, she could only nod numbly.

Going through the hallways, they were lucky to find another two soldiers who were glad to join up with them.

"Carter?! You son of a bitch! Good to see you!" Carter shook hands with one of the men who he knew, Andrew. As for Alexis, she hid behind him, not making eye contact with the men as she shivered.

"Right back at you! So, did you find anybody else?" Carter asked with some hope there might be others. Unfortunately, Andrew shook his head.

"No, it's just me, him, and some civilians scared out of their mind. Not that I blame them. We have them locked inside one of the classrooms for now while we looked for other survivors. But, we didn't get very far." He pointed at three bodies littering the hallway. Dead infected with blood running down their eyes and a hole in their foreheads.

"Alright, we're gonna have to make a break for it. There's a whole horde of those bastards coming right this way, thousands of them. Gather those civilians and meet us here in two minutes." Andrew and his buddy nodded, rushing to the classroom they mentioned.

As for Carter, he brought Alexis with him in search of anyone he could find. Luckily, he was able to follow a trail of bodies to four soldiers hiding inside a bathroom, half a dozen infected pounding on the doors. A couple well placed shots put them down quick.

By the time they came to the agreed spot, they had an extra half dozen healthy civilians under there belt. The increase in people made Alexis feel unsafe and scared, making her stick closer to Carter and grab his shirt.

'This girl…' The man himself could see something was seriously wrong with her, but he didn't have the time to find out now. He had bigger worries.

"We all ready to go?" Getting some nods, he raised his gun and led the way.

"Check your corners and stick close. We'll pick up anyone along the way as we make our way in the opposite direction of the horde." They all nodded along and followed after him.

Opening the door to the stairwell, horrifying screams immediately entered their ears. People crying out for help as infected tore them apart. With difficulty, they killed every infected and bitten person they came across while rallying survivors.

"Everybody! Follow us! We're getting out of here!" Carter yelled out, his morale boosting voice bringing others towards him.

Luckily, they were able to meet up with more wayward soldiers, increasing their fighting power.

Stepping onto the first floor, they looked out the main doors to the outside. It did not look good.

"Jesus Christ almighty! We're suppose to fight all that?!" Someone screamed out, frightened beyond belief at the massive horde of infected, along with the twelve meter injured Behemoth wreaking havoc.

Just then, they witnessed a tank roll forward slightly, aiming directly at the Behemoth. Taking a shot, the titan howled in pain as he fell into the building they were in, the collision shaking their bones.

Unfortunately, the loud sound drew all the nearby infected, who soon swarmed the tank. Seeing this, Carter's eyes glowed as he rallied everyone.

"This is our chance! Let's move!" Most of the people followed after him as he charged out and to the right, heading towards the other gate. However, some were too scared and thought it best to wait it out there.

"Why don't we just wait here? I'm sure the military will come back and save us."

"I know right? I don't want to go out there and get torn to shreds. I'm not suicidal!"

"I am." The person who said that walked out the doors, and was immediately tackled to the ground. His attacker took a massive chunk out of his shoulder, chewing on it as his victim screamed.

"I regret it! I regret it!"

The other delusion ones were scared shitless as a couple infected looked their way. They charged into the lobby as the poor innocents tried running away.

Their cries of agony were heard soon after.

Carter's group rushed forwards, killing any infected who got too close. The surviving soldiers and civilians gathered around them, replenishing any numbers they lost along the way.

Eventually, they had made it to the gate leading out of the school. Looking back, Carter and Alexis could see the carnage. It made his heart ache seeing innocent people being torn to sheds, but he had to save the ones in front of him. He couldn't go back.

With one last look, they saw the Behemoth slumped against the main building, taking it's last breath as common infected jumped on top of it, consuming it's flesh for themselves.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four hours later, the group of 225 tired survivors stopped their marching and took refuge inside an apartment building. The soldiers easily cleaned the place out and saved those that could be saved. The entrances were all blocked except for one entry point that was being guarded in shifts.

Carter and Alexis were alone in a room, sitting next to a fire side by side.

"You know, I still don't know your name young lady." He joked while looking into the flames.

"A-Alexis." Her weak voice made his heart melt. He turned his head and looked into her eyes as she stared at the fire. Dead, and broken.

"What's your relationship with Miss Clara? If you don't mind me asking of course." Alexis flinched, not wanting to talk about it. Seeing this, he held up his hands and apologized.

"Sorry about that." He got up, wanting to give her some space when he felt a soft hand take his own.

"I-I'll tell. Just… don't leave me alone." Instantly he sat back done, her hand not leaving his. From the tone of her voice, it was as if she was about to cry.

"Clara… helped me. Comforted me after… after…" Her body started shaking as tears fell from her eyes. Carter squeezed her hand, giving her comfort and warmth. But he didn't say a word, waiting for her to start again. It was only a few minutes later when she gathered her courage to talk.

"After… that monster raped me. She picked up the pieces and put me back together. But I'm not the same. I'll never be the same!" Alexis sobbed as she grit her teeth, her gums bleeding as she remembered the pain that 'man' inflicted on her.

"This… this filth! I can never get rid of it!" She used her nails to scrape the flesh on her arm, making it bleed as she cut herself.

Carter hastily stopped her before she could do anymore damage.

"Stop! You are not filthy, not broken!" He sighed deeply, a multitude of emotions within him. Hatred at the man who did this, pity and sadness for the innocent girl, and guilt that he couldn't do more to help her.

"I'm so sorry, for what you went through. But I'm here now and I promise, I'll never let anything happen to you!" He wrapped his arm around her shoulder, bringing her into his embrace and held her there. She leaned into his chest, crying her heart out.

The nightmare, Clara's death, the fall of the camp, and Carter's warmth and promise were too much for her to bear. But it was okay, because he would share her burdens. That was just the kind of man he was.

Eventually, the poor girl wore herself out and fell asleep in his chest, making Carter smile. Grabbing a blanket from nearby, he pulled it over them and closed his eyes, falling asleep nearly immediately due to his exhaustion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Alexis woke up alone, rubbing her groggy eyes. Looking around, she became anxious and nervous before calming down when noticing Carter putting his boots on. He turned her way, speaking softly.

"Good morning sleepy head. I'll get some breakfast going, then we'll head out in about ten minutes. Already got a plan to head to the docks by the water and hopefully find a couple boats. We're pretty close to it after all. Anyway, here." He walked over to a pile of clothes and picked them up. Bringing them to her, he laid it gently on the floor and walked to the door.

"I'll step out and let you change. Meet me downstairs in the lobby when you're done." He opened the door and stepped out, but just before he could close it, a soft voice stopped him.

"Why… are you being so kind to me?" Carter was stunned briefly, but then smiled fondly.

"Because I'm a good person who wants to help people. You needed saving, and still do even now. Don't you worry. I'll always be here, staying with you until you don't need me anymore. Until you can stand by yourself." He closed the door, leaving Alexis to herself as she began changing.

A small smile appeared on her lips, one that had a tiny bit of happiness within. And in her eyes, a spark of life returned to them.

1