Entry 2: Water
1.8k 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Seggs next chapter.

Dear Diary,

I opened my eyes from; once a gain, a deep yet fulfilling and satisfying slumber.

"Oh... ugh-"

It was feminine, but I suppose I do not know how to properly adjust my vocal cord, therefore there was a huge tint of masculinity in the way I delivered the groan. To visualize it, I was flat on the grass, I can feel it barely piercing my skin. the sky was as a blue as I remembered it, even more cloudy than I ever saw with my own eyes I believed.

Finally sitting up to observe my surroundings, it was a clearing in the middle of nowhere. Trees, winds, birds and more worthwhile; a river stream which I approached. Profoundly enough, it's clear, as in transparency clear and not blue clear. For the longest time I believed if I were to live in the older eras, I would suffer just because of hygiene issues.

An image was cast in the water that reflect my every movement, in disbelief I moved my around to make sure the woman was in fact the same body of mine. She got blonde, on a shorter side of hair. A smooth and delicate light skin with blue eyes. On my resting face, half-opened eyes made her seems like a rather quiet and emotionless young woman. Is it a me problem for not adapting to a new face?

I decided to wash my hands thoroughly before daring to touch my own face. Everything felt real, light and bright, I can only wish this is not an purgatory or an illusion casted before my true passing.

"Tanya, correct? Allow me to continue living."

I whispered to myself, to my body, for I do not understand a thing anymore. I randomly shadow-boxed. The agile and workable body of a young person pleasured me, I broke a sweat before taking a moment to look down at the clothes I was wearing; just a leather shirt with tattered arms, same with pants really. Yet no kind of underwear whatsoever. I felt confused, but mostly exposed, is it common for medieval women to hate themselves? That was a joke of course.

Everywhere on my skin the fabric touched felt unpleasant, perhaps it's because a woman's touch is more sensitive than what I have used to? I did indeed asked for the characteristics of a normal woman.

thud

Rustling sounds of tall brushes nearby was heard, followed by iron steps which I quietly turned to look and saw him. A knight I believe? From shoulders to toes with worn iron armor, no helmet so I can clearly see a man, bit older than "Tanya" yet on the young side of life. He got blue hair, which was a pleasant surprise to me. The last time I've seen someone with blue hair in my life time was a suicidal teenager, female of course. But the man's blue was brighter than any.

Upon our first eye contact, I had nothing to say, and I can be sure that he felt the same as he simply nodded and made his way towards me direction; though a bit toward the side, heading towards the river also. Cuyriously enough, I instinctively followed the man as he made his way towards the stream and kneeled right by. Yet aware of my presence, he stopped whatever he was doing and glanced at me, or Tanya.

"You don't seem like a panhandler"

So they speak English in this place, I was getting worried.

"I am..." I pause, choosing my words carefully "New here, and is curious of what you are doing."

Unamused and unthreatened, he looked away again.

"Whatever I guess, I'm just on my routine of cleansing the water supplies, next up is this river." 

Intrigued, I came over and squat down right next to him.

"Don't mnid me."

He looked at me like I was a wild animal. But I suppose one would feel the same upon being approached by a poor looknig woman in he middle of nowhere. And only now I suddenly realized that I should not be squatting as a woman, as far as I know. So I kneel instead just like him.

I watched closely as he dipped his gauntleted hand in the flowing waters. There it glowed brightly, both the hand and the surrounding circular area, causing me to look away for a pinch, in fear of getting bad eyesights in time which glasses weren't available. When the shining stopped, nothing changed visually for me, but he sat up as if everything's finished.

"You can drink it now, at least before some rando upstream dirties it again." He said

"You have an honorable duty, I might say. You said you do this routinely?"

The knight; I think, nodded.

"I have seven towns to travel in seven days, from Pom to Deshla. My job is to travel between them and cleanse every water source. As long as I done all from one town to another in a day. The free time's mine."

I thought for a moment, so this man's job is to walk around and touch water for a living, and the authorities probably cover his travel expenses, too. I sincerely hope he does not get a glimpse into the future of working. Oh, and magic is real I suppose? It's fantasy, afterall.

"May I ask, where are you off to next? I would need directions to the nearest town, too."

"..."

Once again, I can read the man's eyes as he contemplates putting me on a leash and send me to the nearest wild animal protection center. I in return contemplate whether to show any vulnerable emotions just so I don't seem so much like a crazy serial killer in the woods or just this resting face util he spoke.

"Couldn't you have just go back the way you came?"

"...Would you believe it if I were to answer that is because I do not know where I came from?"

I saw for a split moment, a second only that he was ready to send me back to the beautiful woman from the last entry. But he digress.

"Before that, please state your identity for me. This is a direct request from a knight."

"Tanya, no last name. I'm somewhere between 20-35 years old I believed? And my occupation, I hope, is a prostitute."

The knight's face visibly cringed, confused and disgust were shown. And once again, I do not believe I'd be any different being put into his shoes.

"Urg..." He got his hands covering the forehead, in disbelief he panned around for a bit while mumbling audibly. "This is your job... You've been told that this area is a bit uneducated... Do your job Hewi..."

As I stood there, patiently anticipating either death or guidence. I noticed an urge for a different posture, a rather more feminine way of idling. With my weight on one leg and my hips a bit towards that side, too. I found myself placing my hand on the hip opposite the forementioned leg, fingers pointing downwards. I must have been at it for five seconds before noticing how comfortable I was standing like this. Though a bit of self reflection followed by cringe might have ensured.

"Tanya No Lastname. I am Hewi Cocksworth, a knight under the queen's might. Operating within this area means you are my problem, therefore I shall assist you to safety."

"..." His name echoed through my mind like a shout in a ravine.

"..." I resisted the urge to laugh and be decapitated

"..." I took the biggest breathe because my life literally depended on it.

"Hewi is a cute name." That's the best I managed to squeeze out.

"I will not take offense to that. I'll guide you to Deshla, please head that way across the river, but allow me to walk behind you for my own safety."

Hewi pointed towards the opposite side of the river, a little towards the setting sun. I looked around for a path or a bridge to cut across, the decided to cross the water barefeet as is and Hewi followed right after. The thin jungle wrapped around us with a bunch of noisy life. Hewi instructed me to turn left and right at places he remembered as if he was doing this for many months or years already. Tall trees with green stuff hanging off them, and long vines moved like snakes in the leaves. The sun made pockets, lines and patterns on the ground, where colorful flowers grew like a gift box.

As we went further, the sky was still bright and white while the air was filled with the sounds of animals, this path seems random, but I noticed it's extremely easy to walk through. There's sharp vines everywhere but there were none that cut me or my legs, there were spider nests yet none stick to my face while I walk, this path was made before, just not obvious.

We stopped by another river and Hewi cleanse it, I looked towards and sees there's an old camp there, just a little bonfire and a tattered tent with some old sticks still nearby.

It was a beautiful evening when I saw signs of human intervention admists nature over the horizon.

31