Chapter 1: Demons
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An unknown creature flew high above the dense ocean trees. Its body shape resembles a human with a pair of terrifying wings on its back and four horns sticking out of its head.

His blood-red pupils moved to scan the ground as if he was looking for something. Not long after, his movements stopped in mid-air. Even though his wings no longer flap, he still flies.

"Where else are you going to run, you damn human?"

A deep sound came from his throat accompanied by a wide smile forming on that scary face. You can see rows of sharp teeth reflecting sunlight, adding to the spooky impression. A small child who saw his form would definitely cry uncontrollably in his mother's arms. In this world, creatures that have such characteristics are demons.

Devils are one of the many races in this world.

They are always the source of trouble wherever they are. That was the reason why their race was so hated.

This devil also looks like it will cause problems soon.

“[Demon Art : Cursed Fire]”

A spell was cast. Not long after, a wall of fire appeared black on the ground around a 10 meter circular area 100 meters away from where the demon was hovering.

The demon started flapping its wings again. He seems moderate towards the direction the wall of fire was.

He flew through the wall of fire like it was no problem to him. Gracefully he landed on the ground.

In front of him there were now two people in condition hurt and scared. A woman as well as a man. Despair can be seen from the look on their faces when they looked at the figure devil.

“Play time is over so quickly hand over the necklace now and in return I will kill you painless"

The devil provoked him with an ugly face mocking him.

“DO YOU THINK WE WILL OBEDIENCE YOU YOU B*STARD F*CKING DEVIL”

“Gosh, how rude even though I was trying to be appropriately polite
custom among humans like you."

“NOISY... IF YOU WANT TO KILL US THEN JUST KILL IT NOW"

“GOD IS WITH US, HE WILL NOT LET AN EVIL CREATURE LIKE YOU GO FREE WANDERINGS”

“Is that so?”

The demon just tilted his head as a sign of not understanding what the two humans were shouting hysterically.

He really didn't understand the reason why these two humans were so adamant about defending the jewelry they were after.
According to the demon, the necklace felt completely useless in human hands because humans would not be able to unleash its full potential. This is different from the devil's master who can certainly control the power of the jewelry as easily as turning the palm of his hand.

Besides that...

'Who is God? Why are the humans I've met so far always say his name as if God has extraordinary abilities'

The devil wondered to himself. No matter how many times he thought about it, he still couldn't find an answer.

“I guess I wasted too much time on thoughts I'm stupid, so let's start the massacre."

With those words he began to walk casually towards the two humans who are already in a fighting position.

The man takes a stance while holding a sword in front of the woman who is praying with clasped hands clutching a gold necklace that has a luxuriously carved metal pendant as a weight. That necklace was the devil's target.

When there were only five steps between the devil and the man, an attack was launched. The one who attacked was the human man but for some reason he was the one who fell while the demon still looked fit and healthy with no scratches at all. Her eyes didn't even glance at the man but continued to focus on the necklace held by the woman.

"Ahh... what happened Fred-"

The devil is absolutely merciless.

In one go with just a sweep of his hand, the woman's head was split diagonally.

A split second later before the woman's body collapsed to the ground, a second slash was launched targeting the two hands holding the necklace.

With incredible speed, the demon caught both hands of the woman's hideous corpse so she wouldn't fall.

"With this, there is one last piece of jewelry left, hmm...?"

The demon held up the newly acquired necklace right in front of his face to inspect.

The shape and aura that radiates from the necklace match description given to him.

"Give this to your majesty then quickly tell me where the last piece of jewelry is."

The demon then handed the necklace to another demon behind him.

I don't know when another demon appeared, but one thing is certain. He has been following this pursuit from the start.

“You better learn to control your fighting lust, Evanor”

Apparently the demon who killed the two humans was named Evanor.

"I don't really care about that Livis, what's important is that my work is finished and I can relax."

“Just up to you”

The devil that Livis summoned chanted a spell making the necklace in his right hand disappear after being surrounded by a pale green light. It seems to be some kind of magic teleportation.

"So now quickly tell me where the last sacred jewelry is what I have to find"

"In the capital of the human kingdom, namely Arten"

Evanor remembered the name of the city. The city is the center of government of human countries.

His premonition was screaming bad words into his brain.

"What? Seriously, this looks like it's going to be a hassle."

"I also think so, in the human capital there must be strong humans gathered who might cause us trouble."

“Not if we kill him before they get us hassle"

“Right, so when are we leaving?”

“What if now?”

Demons cannot feel fear at all.

They won't think twice when heading into battle and that's what makes them so hard to beat. And now two demons whose strength is recognized as being among the strongest among demons will infiltrate the capital.

Who knows what kind of chaos they will cause later.

0