16. Elder Krell vs. Elder Henrik (1)
54 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PART I

 

Let's rewind time to when Liam had left the lake park.

 

Liam had just flown away towards City Hall.

A large group of individuals emerged, their blue skin with scales shimmering in the sun's red rays, giving them a reddish-orange hue. Their eyes were red, and the foremost person stood out as an old man with two thick black horns on his forehead. He was slim and taller than the others, with small droplets floating around him, resembling tiny leaves. They all carried shields on their backs, except the old man. The Elder stood on the bike path at the edge of the park, squinting his eyes and surveying the area. He spotted the dead dog owners scattered like dark, broad stains on the frozen meadow.

"Where are they?"

"Elder, have we arrived too late?" asked a man stepping forward, holding a black spear in his left hand.

The Elder nodded. "Indeed, we have come too late."

"Examine the area," he ordered, looking down at the meadow.

Everyone scattered and began to investigate the entire area.

A moment later, they gathered at the swamp and reported.

"There are no traces of them."

"They managed to drain the souls of so many in such a short time; they must be nearby."

"We tracked the talisman here, but the connection stops right here." A woman took out a black harpoon and poked it into the ice under her feet.

"Elian, track them." commanded the Elder with a cold voice.

A man poked the ice under them with his silver longsword.

*Crack*

The ice cracked, quickly transforming into countless small snowflakes that formed four figures. One sat with their back to them, a woman and a man writhing in pain with clear faces, while a figure with its back turned looked like a man.

The Elder made a quick gesture with his right hand, and the figure was turned around to face them, but his face was veiled.

He furrowed his brows at the sight. "Why is his face unclear?"

A man furrowed his brows, sharing his concerns. "Elder, you've never failed in your abilities. Is it because the person is stronger?"

The Elder shook his head. "There is something else, something interfering. Possibly the energy in this world."

*Snap*

He snapped his fingers, and the seated figure was turned towards them, but the face was still veiled.

He furrowed his brows again. "Again?"

He made a gesture while the two figures with veiled faces turned around several times in front of them. They suddenly stopped, and he inserted his right hand into the male figure's chest.

*Bang*

Something invisible shot out abruptly, causing him to raise his eyebrows. "You stubborn donkey. Do you really want to play king?"

He grunted and was about to repeat the motion, but a man stopped him with a warning.

"Elder, be careful not to anger it. Even though we are in a different world, there are still rules."

The elder grunted again, withdrew his hand, and instead focused on the figure seated covered with a blanket. A bulge protruded to the left side, causing everyone to furrow their brows.

"What in the world is that? Is it a human?"

The Elder slowly extended his right hand towards the figure, and as his fingertips were about to touch the face, it happened.

*Boom*

They were all thrown back by something invisible, and the snowflakes began to whirl violently, flying in their faces. Some got it in their eyes and screamed, while others quickly used their shields to cover their faces.

"What the hell is happening?"

"We've angered it, Elder."

The Elder squinted and shouted with a cold voice. "I am the ruler of the Seventh Sea. Obey!"

He placed both his hands in front of him and spread his fingers.

*Vroom*

A thick, bluish-white beam shot out from them, covering the group in a large sphere that quickly froze into ice, and everything fell silent. They now looked like men trapped inside a snow globe.

*Crack*

A large crack appeared in the sphere, quickly expanding.

*Whoosh*

The ice turned into snowflakes that evaporated and disappeared instantly. The group was alive, moving around and placing a finger on their foreheads. A whitish smoke shot out from their bodies, rising to the sky and vanishing.

"Thank you, Elder." said a man adjusting his clothes.

"There are still rules here, but they can be bent with the right methods," revealed the Elder, nodding.

"We have wasted enough time. It seems that person does not want to be detected."

Suddenly, he burst into loud laughter, and when the others thought he had gone mad, he added, "Interesting. I have not yet met one who can resist me."

"Elder, if that person has captured Ellide and Allar, we need to hurry." urged a woman with a worried voice.

The Elder nodded. "Apologies, my blood has not boiled in a long time."

He clenched his right fist and struck the veiled male figure who stood up.

*Crackle*

A blue ice shield formed in front of him, which he lightly tapped with his index finger.

*Whoosh*

It transformed into countless tiny water droplets resembling small blue pearls that quickly turned into a large water sphere hovering in front of him. It shrank to the size of a soccer ball and now floated over his right palm. He tapped it with his left index finger, raising his eyebrows.

"One is missing. So, that's how he managed to capture them. Interesting," he remarked.

He sniffed the air around him, and a moment later, he stopped.

"Air and Fire." he concluded.

"It's a dual wielder, but they don't exist here." commented a man, raising his eyebrows.

The Elder bent down and placed his right hand on the frozen grass beneath him.

*Crackle*

The ice began to melt, and water emerged. A moment later, the entire meadow was flooded, resembling a large lake. The dead dog owners started floating in the water, resembling dead fish.

"It's ironic that I have to resort to these means, but my bloodline is at stake," commented the Elder, coughing lightly.

"I can still smell his scent. Let's find him." he ordered.

Over the Kattegat near Sweden, the Elder floated high above the water, looking inland. Suddenly, he looked up into the sky and squinted.

"His scent leads up there." he pointed towards the sky, and they all flew off.

They entered many clouds, and above them hovered a large green island.

"Their technology is still primitive." commented a woman.

"They are of lower intelligence." added a man.

As they floated over a white temple, their cloaks fluttered in the wind, making them look like divine beings.

"Is he here?" The Elder furrowed his brows.

"Come out, you murderer," he shouted with a cold voice that echoed throughout the island.

"If no one comes out, kill them." he added.

Inside the temple, in a large bright room, an old man with long black hair and a black beard sat with closed eyes, enjoying a Japanese cup of tea held in his hands. He had a smile on his lips, seemingly savoring the moment.

"Ah, this green tea is truly delicious," followed by a contented sigh.

"Silence is the best way to enjoy it. These doors are truly soundproof." he chuckled.

*Bang*

The door suddenly swung open, and a large group of temple guards ran towards him with weapons in hand, panic in their eyes.

He furrowed his brows. "What in the world is going on? Is the world about to end again?"

The men reported immediately.

"Elder Henrik, we're in big trouble. There's a large group outside."

"Yes, I can almost figure that out. Get to the important part." commented Elder Henrik.

"They are blue, and one man has horns on his forehead."

*Clunk*

The Elder dropped his teacup and raised his eyebrows. He abruptly stood up, donned his white hooded cloak, and approached the door.

"It's a good thing I managed to read Elder Weisheng’s book. They should be the Mermen folk, who always show respect, so we're not in danger. We just need to talk to them with flowery words. We haven't done anything wrong."

 

3