1.13: Erin and Eronica
985 5 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As tired as she was, both from the events of the day and the several hours of mind-blowing sex that followed, Erin staved off sleep in an effort to locate food for the muscular blonde who was resting in one of the tents. Questions burned in her mind. Questions she didn’t even know how to begin to put into words. She was terrified… Terrified of losing the person she was. Terrified of becoming something that she had absolutely no control over… but most of all, she was terrified of what it would do to Drusilia. She hadn’t even known the half-elven woman for more than 24 hours, and she felt like she was connected to her in a way that she felt deep within her. 

Erin’s mind was racing as she set about preparing some of the salted meat rations she had located in the men’s supplies. She had absolutely no idea how to start a fire though, so she used the only thing she could think of: her divine powers. She imagined a tiny spark jumping from her hand to the pile of tinder she had set up at the base of the fire. Her hand glowed faintly and a small white flame burst forth and set everything ablaze instantly. For a brief second the area was bathed in brilliant white light from the campfire, but it quickly faded into the normal orange and red glow. Erin released the breath she hadn’t even realized she had been holding and stared deep into the flames. As her hand stopped glowing she felt that presence within her mind slip back beneath the surface. It wasn’t as strong as it had been before, but now that she was aware of it, she couldn’t not notice it. She didn’t know if it was a separate consciousness, some base instincts that came natural to gods and goddesses, or just a fragment of who she was supposed to be.

She sighed loudly as she heated the dented iron skillet over the flames. As she dropped a strip of the meat into the pan, it sizzled loudly. Erin barely registered anything beyond the smell of cooking meat. She didn’t feel the flames as they licked at her hand. She didn’t notice that the pan should have been far too hot to be able to hold. She didn’t even notice the small splatter of fat that had landed on her wrist. It wasn’t that they didn’t hurt, exactly. They did… but it was like experiencing pain with a phantom limb. She could feel it, but it didn’t quite cause her any real discomfort. The longer she held her hand in place, the more that presence in her mind pushed through the murk; until it finally came into sharp focus.

“What are you doing, Erin?”

Erin’s entire body bristled from the voice that sounded in front of her and she nearly jumped back in fright. As she looked through the flames, she noticed that they had frozen in place, she saw sparks that had flown off the embers hanging in the air. There were specks of grease and liquid suspended in place above the frying pan that was still hovering in the flame. Erin looked around for the source of the voice and her eyes settled on a woman with red hair and blue eyes sitting directly across from her. As Erin studied the woman’s face it was like looking at her own reflection, but everything was off in a way she couldn’t put her finger on. The woman glared at her and raised her eyebrows.

“I asked you a question. What are you doing with your hand?”

Erin wasn’t sure how it was possible, but the presence that had been in her mind was now sitting in front of her. She already knew who it was, she had known all along. But seeing Eronica in front of her eyes was still a complete shock and she found herself at a loss for words.

“I um… I don’t know. How are you here?”

The other woman gave her an annoyed look and sighed in exasperation.

“I’m not really here. This is all happening in your mind. In our mind. Sorry. This is a new experience for me. Even after being alive for millennia I have never had anything like this happen to me.”

“OK… Better question… Why are you here?”

Eronica pointed to her hand that was still holding the pan in the fire.

“If you weren’t a goddess you’d have burned your hand to the bone three times over by now, but it uses my divine power to remain unharmed. And as you’ve already discovered, using my divine power allows me to push my… consciousness, as you would call it, to the surface.”

Erin pulled her hand out of the fire, but the iron-cast skillet somehow remained in place, hovering in the air. She stared at Eronica and processed what she had said.

“So… I noticed that you keep saying it's my body, but… they’re your powers? You… uh… wanna explain that?”

“Whoever reincarnated you into this world gave you my body. They also gave you my spark of divinity,  but along with that came, well… me. So every time you draw on that spark, you’re basically drawing on my essence. That’s the best way I can explain it.”

“Lemme see if I have this straight… You, Eronica, are the incarnation of the goddess powers that reside within my body. A body that used to be yours but is now mine after I… reincarnated… into it. And every time I use your goddess powers it allows you to bring your consciousness to the surface of my mind, so much so in this moment that I’m literally able to have a conversation with you?”

Eronica ran through everything Erin had said and then thought for a moment, before nodding slowly.

“Yes? There's more to it than that, but that's close enough.”

“So uh.. Now that I’ve allowed you to fully resurface… are you going to take control of my body?”

Eronica pursed her lips and sighed softly through her nose.

“I don’t know. I haven’t decided.”

“Haven’t… decided? If it’s your body then what’s there to decide?”

Eronica gave her a half-smile as she cocked her head to the side slightly.

“I have all of your memories. I know you just as well as I know myself. I know you didn’t pick this just as much as I didn’t choose to die. And before your inquisitive mind asks, I don’t know how I died. The last thing I remember was fleeing with my brothers and sisters from… something. And then everything else is blank. But… back to your question… I think the main reason I didn’t immediately take control was because of Drusilia. Or rather the connection with her that you share. And I’m not talking about the small spark of divinity that you shared with her. I’m talking about the way you’ve done everything in your power to make the wrongs in her life right. Yes, it was me who unleashed your anger at those men… but it was still your own actions that led you down that path.

“I’m the goddess of love, fertility, and femininity. I am the embodiment of those things… but in the short time you’ve been in this world you’ve shown the most intense love possible to a woman who needed it the most, you imbued her with a seed of divine power and gave her a small piece of your own divinity. And you did it all in the name of protecting her. I don’t think it was a mistake you were reincarnated into my body, Erin Martin. And I don’t even think it was a mistake for me to still be ‘attached’ to my powers. I don’t know the full reasons, but I’m more than a little confident that everything was done with intent.”

Erin processed everything Eronica had said and exhaled loudly. She looked at the woman sitting across from her and pursed her lips.

“So… what happens now? Are you just going to let me continue to exist in this world with the threat of you being able to take over my body looming over me?”

Eronica gave her a wounded look and shook her head.

“Back up a step. I’m not your enemy, Erin. And I have no intention of taking over unless it's absolutely necessary.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You may be a goddess, Erin, but don’t forget… the only reason that you’re in that body is because I died. Something in this world is strong enough to kill a goddess. You're now in a world that is filled with things that you’ve only read stories or seen movies about. Hell… without Drusilia you wouldn’t even know who I am. That’s why it may be absolutely necessary for me to take over. But I don’t want you to think that I’m just going to do it without you knowing about it.”

Erin nodded slowly and gave the other woman an inquisitive look.

“So, am I going to be able to draw on your power without forcing you to the surface every time?”

Eronica shifted her gaze downwards and pursed her lips before looking back up at Erin.

“I’m not going to go back under the surface again. I’m here to stay. Well.. maybe not like this… this is taking a lot of power. But I’m going to always be there, in the back of your mind.”

Erin’s eyes widened and her eyebrows shot up at the implications. She blushed a little as she thought about the incarnation of a goddess within her mind watching her like some kind of voyeur. One that she couldn’t get away from if she wanted to. Eronica must have seen the look on Erin’s face cause she chuckled a little and shook her head.

“It’s not like that… I can basically just… sleep? That’s the best word for it. I may be more active if you draw on my power, but it’s not like you’ll be constantly having another voice in your head.”

Eronica shot her a naughty look and stuck out her tongue.

“Unless you get bored and need someone to talk to. I am a goddess of sex, you know… I’m sure I have plenty of stories that will make your body burn hot with desire.”

“And let me guess… you’d conveniently forget to go back to sleep if I chose to do something to relieve said desire.”

Eronica laughed loudly and smiled.

“Guilty as charged… Does that bother you?”

Erin wouldn’t admit out loud that she did have a few exhibitionist fantasies, but she also knew that Eronica had access to all of her memories… so the goddess would already know about her kinks. Which meant that she was just teasing her just to get a reaction out of her. Well… two could play at that game.

“Maybe I’ll intentionally use your powers just to wake you up every time I make love to Drusilia. Really give you a whole show worth watching. I personally would think that’s more of a tease… being able to watch… and choosing not to do anything about it. Not to feel Drusilia’s lips against yours. Not to-”

Eronica looked flushed suddenly and she held up a hand.

“Enough! I get it! Wow. I may be the goddess of sex, but… damn girl… you clearly have superior teasing skills.”

Both women laughed and Erin gave the woman across from her a playful wink. As Eronica turned her head she was suddenly sitting right next to Erin, both redheads now shoulder to shoulder. The goddess put her arm around Erin, who smiled at her in turn.

“In all seriousness, Erin. I will always be here for you if you need anything. I’m as much of a part of you as you’re a part of me. Just… no more putting your hand in the fire… yeah?”

 

Be sure to feed my dopamine addiction and drop me favorite or a rating! It's only a few taps on a screen, but it makes a world of difference for me!❤️ 

If you like this and you haven't already, check out my other story How I became the Empress of Hell!

46