Starting my Legacy with a Lively Melody
61 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After leaving the office, I then returned to my room. I instructed the Maids to prepare all the things needed to travel to the City Administration Office of the Port City of Lagoonia. After the maids left, I sat on my bed and waited.

It is finally time to show my powers to the real world!

While waiting, I took the Almanac placed on the bookshelves and reviewed information about the Port City. The Port City of Lagoonia is an important economic and military hub of the Empire. As one of three Important Cities in the Province, it serves as the center of the economic activities in these parts of the empire only rivaled by the Imperial Capital and the Holy City itself.

 

A few moments later my page Michael entered the room.

 

"My lord, all the things are already packed. The carriage is also prepared. It's time for us to go."

 

Looking back at my room for one more time, I began to descend from the mansion anxious and excited about what adventures might come.

 

While traveling towards the Port City of Lagoonia, I noticed rather busy highways entering the city. Many Carriages and Hourse Carts owned by different Merchants can be seen entering and exiting the City Gates. Coming closer to the Gates, a young soldier stopped our carriage traveled near it, and knelt in front of me.

"This lowly sergeant greets the Governor's Heir."

Again with this silly way of greeting. I mean they can just say simple things like Sir good morning sir or Greetings Gordon Freeman like in my past life.

Acknowledging the soldier. I then gave the call for him to stand up. He then signaled the remaining soldiers near the gate of our arrival.

"My Lord, we have been expecting your arrival in this City. As a Safety Precaution, two of our Mounted Infantry will be serving as your guides toward the City Administration Office."

After being stopped at the city gates we have now two new additions to our band of knights. Finally! I am now inside the renowned Port City of Lagoonia. Looking outside the carriage, I can see the busy streets of the city filled with merchants, soldiers, artisans, and commoners alike. Every alley of the city was filled with activities that I can't but imagine how much of hectic thing it is to ensure public security in this area. Well, not that it's my problem...is what I would like to say if I weren't the son of the Governor of this region.

While traveling in the streets of the city, I noticed what seemed to be a bard playing tunes in the busy streets of the city.

Ah, I can't help but remember the days I was in my younger days in the old world. Just the joy of playing my guitar after school or when singing together with my classmate's hymns even though their voice suck ass.

People seemed to be not really in the mood to listen to him since they just kept on avoiding him. What a pity, People from this world must understand the beauty of Music!

Signaling the carriage to a halt, the knights and Michael gave me some confusing stares.

"My Lord, what seems to be the problem?"

"Michael come with me Let go meet that musician as quickly as possible"

"Eh? My lord? what seems to be the problem? M-my lord???"

Ignoring Michael who seemed to be confused about the ongoing situation, I descended from the carriage and went towards where the bard was.
"You there young man, give me your instrument immediately!"

"Hmm? Ah M-my lord the Heir to the Governor! What seems to be the problem?"

"Why do you know I am the heir-anyways give me your instrument immediately!"

Confused, the bard gave me his instrument. It seems to be some kind of medieval equivalent of banjos and guitars of the modern world. I'm not really well versed with instruments but what I am sure is it does look and feel like a banjo.

"This world needs to know the power and beauty of Music!"

Thrilled with this newfound plaything. I shall begin my legacy with a Bang.

As a start, I then began to play Darude Sandstorm on the instrument...or not.

I played a beautiful melody that describes the perseverance of the people even amidst trials in the parts of the empire. Even with the limitations given by the present era, humanity strives for progress and a dream of a beautiful future.

The somewhat unique and upbeat melody of the song I was playing caught the attention of those passing by us. And little by little, a crowd began to form.

Minutes passed by and the final melodies of the song stopped. Applause came from the audience in front of us.

"My lord that was a lively music I have never heard before. Hearing this made me somehow enthusiastic about the future. What is the title of such song my lord?"

Seeing the enthusiastic stare of the bard and the good vibes coming from the people, I can't help but smile before telling him.

"Oh, that? It's an old folk song called "Hard Times Come Again No More"

And with that, the song Hard Times Come Again No More, just like how it represents Rural America, shall serve as the Marching Song of the Port City for Generations to come.I guess in a sense, My Goal of Building my legacy in this Magical World started with a little bit of lively music and some urge to just quit being a noble and be a farmboy instead.

Heyaa, it's me KaydetMonke! Another Day Another Chapter after work was done. Did some presentation earlier and my project got approved. I guess the Idea of selling Coffee Flavored Condoms ain't that far from the future...or not. Anyways Alex really started his legacy with some music there. truth be told I was really about to start his legacy by creating condom factories or coffee shops but then when my friend was playing Civ 6 on his laptop, can't help but here the gorgeous ost it has. So hey, why not start with it right? Thanks Friend! Anyways Hope you guys have a wonderful day.

4