To serve the Young Master…
68 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex was having the fun of his life on the streets of the Port City of Lagoonia playing what seemed to be a fresh melody on the instruments of a street bard. Michael can't help but admire such an image of her master. 

 

As the young heir to the House of Arcaeus, Alex was always expected to be the next governor. Though people seem not to show it, the people inside the Mansion kept their distance from the young master. This is not out of malice or any negative impressions of him but rather due to the reality that her master lives in a different place than them

 

This was why, ever since he was a child, the young master always had this weird aura behind him. Could it be just his own personal Aura or just the result of the indifference that was built on him over the past few years?

 

Michael can still remember the first time she saw the young master. As the only child of the House of Romanus, she was expected to take on the mantle as Aides to the masters of the Arcaues Family. Even though she was a girl, Her father always reminded her to serve the Arcaeus Family well. She didn't really understand it at first. All she knows is that she has to be at her master's side always.

 

When her father introduced her to the young master, she was struck by what seemed to be a lonely boy with a somewhat melancholic smile. In her mind, she always wanted to be a friend to this little master who always wore this smile as if he were an old man about to retire. 

 

Days pass by and years have come and gone, her master became more and more attractive and unreachable. His Vestige seems to carry the weight of not just the son of the House but rather its heir. She knows that the days of her master's innocence are long gone and are now replaced by a dignified stance of what seems to be an old man in a young man's body. 

 

Michael knows that her master is already unreachable and is hoping that someday she may see her master in a brand new light. That is, even if such a day will not come, she will serve as his master's aide. As his page. 

 

But things began to change days ago when the young master was tasked to investigate the Port City of Lagoonia. Her master began to express unknown feelings of excitement. He seems to really crave the adventures of the old. Alex was like an unknown entity to Michael like he was possessed by malevolent spirits, he kept on grinning at himself and sometimes laughing alone. 

 

this side of the master...it might not be that bad at all

 

She thought while trying to prepare the things of her master. When all were prepared, she then went to her master's room and saw her master seemed to be reading a book. And unlike the days before, he was wearing passionate eyes that you will see in a kid having his first toy.

 

"My lord, all the things are already packed. The carriage is also prepared. It's time for us to go."

 

It was then that they began to depart towards the Port City of Lagoonia.

 

Throughout the ride, her master kept on wearing this happy smile on his smile. She was taking her kid to the nearby park. Alex was filled with happiness she had never seen before. If only they had done this back then, maybe he could have always worn this smile. But well...it can't be helped. Michael was happy as it was.

 

After traveling for a couple of hours, they finally entered the Port City of Lagoonia. 

 

It has been long since I've been here. I wonder how the old lady owner of the bakery is. 

 

Michael was filled with nostalgia when seeing the bustling streets of the City. Just like Alex, she felt a sense of freedom looking at the busy streets and the busy harbor that can be seen far ahead. 

 

Before long Alex ordered the carriage to a halt. Michael was confused. 

 

Is there something wrong? Why did the young master stop the carriage? Eh? Why are you going out? Young Master?

 

"My Lord, what seems to be the problem?"

 

"Michael come with me Let go meet that musician as quickly as possible"

 

"Eh? My lord? what seems to be the problem? M-my lord???"

 

I can't comprehend what my master was thinking. It seems I can't understand completely this master of Mine after all. 

 

Following her master, they were walking at a fast pace. In front of them was a young man with an instrument. Alex seems to want to play the instrument as he orders the man to give him the instrument. Weird, Michael didn't know if it was just the impulse of her master but one thing is for sure, she will reimburse the man for his instrument.

 

Her master ignoring the commotion from his knights and the bard, played a strange melody on the instrument. It was a song I had never heard of before. Her master played it for a long time even singing what seemed to be some kind of impromptu lyrics he had thought of. Humming to the song, I can't help but remember the days I've spent in this city. All this laughter and sorrow until one day became her master's page. 

 

As the song ended, Michael gave back the instrument to the Bard and seemed to bid farewell.

 

"Let's go, Michael"

 

"Hm? Ah-yes My Lord"

 

Leaving the premises, She can't help but look at the back of her master. Once filled with an unreachable aura is now replaced with a more Lively and Vivid One. 

 

It was the thing that she kept on wishing for. That one day her master will live his life away from solitude like some kind of old man. And enjoy life's beauty as it is. 

 

Renewing her resolve, she then began to run to where her master was. For as the Song her master sang, She will face everything with her master, not just as a page, but rather his trusted friend until such Hard Times Come Again No More.

 

Until then Michael or rather Michelle will keep on moving forward for her master's sake.

Michael best girl owo?

3