A visit to the City Administ….
38 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arriving at the Port City of Lagoonia's City Hall, we were greeted by the city mayor. He seems to be a young man in his thirties, definitely well-toned for an Administrative officer if you ask me.

"It's nice to meet you, My Lord. Welcome to the Port City of Lagoonia. I am Philip Severus, the Mayor of this city. Please accept our humble welcome."

"Nice to meet you too Philip. I don't mind the simple pleasantries. I rather enjoy such things exactly"

"Such humility exalts me, my lord. I am in awe"

Philip decided to tour me inside the City Hall, here I saw the countless busy scholars and civil servants working diligently in maintaining the operations of the Province.

Here is one thing that reminds me of my past life, is the unstoppable workload that keeps on piling up and the always busy workplace. I guess in any world, administrative work is always the same.

While passing by the busy civil workers, they noticed the presence of Alex and the Mayor and began to work diligently. Some of them even greet the young lord with enthusiasm. I asked one of the civil workers about their recent employment in the City Hall and their respective opinions towards it.

Surprisingly, all of them were favorable. Some of them even credit it to the magnanimous rule of the Governor and the Mayor himself. I can't help but look at Philip.

It seems like this city has some good management at hand...I can somehow see that Philip is a Mayor of Integrity.

There is one thing however that irks me to see as a past chief of staff, is that the civil servants are very messy in their organization of papers and files. Even those filling up at one of those civil servants can't be helped, looking at me makes wanna puke. Maybe I need to do something about this.

Thinking about the possible changes I can introduce, I asked Philip if there are any available parchment workshops in the City.

"A parchment workshop? There is My Lord. There are certainly three companies handling the production and distribution of parchments in this city."

"Can you introduce me to them, Philip?"

"Certainly my lord, I shall ask all companies to gather once you give the order to do so"

"Great! I shall inform you when for now please allow me to roam around the city hall for a while"

"Certainly my lord, I shall then head first. Apologies but I have a rather busy schedule today. May the Goddess Guide You today My Lord."

I watched how the mayor left the premises. While roaming the premises of the city hall, I entered a small room where no one was inside, I asked Michael to stand on guard at his disagreement of course. However, I was able to I was then determined to create a revolutionary change in this realm starting first with the halls of this Port City.

While pondering the things that I would introduce first to this world, I then began to use my ability [Earth's Archive].

He then began to chant what seemed to be some ancient words but in reality just English garbage.

In a span of seconds, a screen appeared in front an Alex

[Earth's Archive- has been activated]

[Please Input the selected item or knowledge that you wish to inhirit]

hmmm...I guess I shall start with the ingredients of paper and a book about the government structure of the United States and the United Kingdom. Maybe some book about the creation of the tools needed to create paper specifically earlier versions of paper.

After thinking of the things that he needed, smoke began to burst near Alex. This prompted Michael to enter the room

"My Lord! Are you alright?"

"cough cough yes I am fine Michael, besides..."

While coughing and reassuring Michael of his safety he saw the items that he needed appear in front of him.

"Michael, call Mayor Philip. Tell him that the presence of all the three parchment company representatives is needed."

"Yes, My Lord!"

"And also, ask Philip to prepare me an office inside the City Hall"

"My Lord? Why is it so?"

"I think I shall have the fun of my life today start Michael"

As Michael left, I then began to start reading the books and the blueprints of creating paper and the machines needed for it. Little by little, I will improve the situation of my family's territory and someday build myself a legacy that people will never forget.

 

 

 

Meanwhile, as Alex was thinking of new ways to improve his family's territory, an old nobleman, Earl Frederick von Irington was looking at his troop's training. Countless Cavalry and Spearmen were training for battle as if they were preparing for war. A young messager arrived at the scene.

"Your Excellency, I have a letter coming from the King."

He gave the Earl the letter. The earl then began to open the letter and read all the information inside it.

[ To my Loyal General Earl von Irington,

The Day of Reckoning is near. Prepare thyself in the next Autumn, the Empire of the West shall be engulfed in flames.

King Johannes I ]

"Sigh...I guess the time to invade the Empire is sooner than I expected."

He then can't help but think of his dead son who was killed in a skirmish with the empire ten years ago. Thinking that one day, he will avenge the death of his son who was so mercilessly killed by the empire's men.

While it might not surprise everyone the Empire of Palatine has a lot of enemies. As a Militaristic Nation, the empire was born out of the constant necessity to expand its borders in all directions. Unlike Alex who came from the Noble World, citizens of the Empire tend to view the people of other nations as inferior to them. They even call them uncultured. Hence the empire is always embroiled in constant wars in its history.

One such enemy is the Kingdom of Tartaria. After the expansion of the Empire to its eastern borders, the Kingdom of Tartaria lost many of its citizens. Its armies were defeated by the Mighty Imperial Cataphracts and its Spearmen. Losing half of its territories, it was always the dream of every Tartarian King to reclaim the lost territories and punish the Imperial War Machine. Now such a time has come. after experiencing peace for many years, the Imperial Army grew weaker every day. Taking this chance, the Kingdom of Tartaria shall use these to invade the Eastern Territories of the Empire and reclaim what is supposed to be theirs.

So I changed the name City Administration Office to just City Hall. Also thanks for the read. Its suppose to be just my way of relaxation but hey, appreciate you reading

3