Chapter 2
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    "After all this time..." A voice crackled through the void as a figure stepped out of the darkness. There was blood on it's hands, still dripping, evaporating as it hits the floor, only leaving behind crusty marks of bloodshed that has happened. The figure was wearing a ragged cloak, dragging on the floor, with a long, medievial sword strapped to it's side, a pitch black blade. It had one large cat like eye contained in what seemed to be a glass box, filled with a clear, water like liquid. It kneeled down, and picked up a burning ball of fire, resembling a miniature star. "The world shall know peace," the voice echoed, transcending into nothingness.

...

    Alex stared down the cliff, at the massive fracture that has just appeared out of thin air. He didn't know what it was. But maybe, this was the cause for that strange feeling earlier. Maybe, it could lead him to something. To Mia. Alex ran down the meadow, down the forest, to the village. He knew these grounds well, every swamp, every tree, every rock. He ran out of the village, and down to the rivers. And at last, the fracture was right in front of him. But it felt light years away. A strange distortion of reality, a distortion of time and space.

    Alex walked towards the fracture, slowly. Gravity was ripping him apart limb by limb, or so he felt. Every step felt heavier and heavier. He raised his hand, to touch the fracture. It was cold. The frost flowed down his veins, into his heart. It was hard to breathe. The pressure. It was crushing. Then, at the tip of his finger, he felt something else. Some kind of fabric. Alex instinctively pulled out his hand, and a tall figure emerged from the fracture, with a glass box as a head, a single cat like eye inside it. He looked down at Alex. "My name is Omnividente Oculi- But you can call md OVO, if that's easier for you." the figure said. It didn't have a mouth, yet the words it said manifested into reality. "OVO.." Alex said, confused. "Do I know you?" OVO reached into his cloak, and pulled out a small, iridescent crystal. "Not yet," OVO replied. "But you will soon enough." it grabbed Alex's arm, and it dragged him into the fracture. The two dissapeared, and the fracture closed behind, leaving the plains and rivers in shambles from the shockwaves.

    Alex and OVO fell into a plane of light, nothing more, nothing less. The room was bright as the sun, but Alex could still see everything, and his eyes didn't hurt one bit. He turned to OVO grabbed his cloak by it's waist, as he was a bit too short to grab it by it's neck. Alex wasn't short by any means, but OVO, was standing two times his height. "Who- no. What, are you?" Alex asked. "I believe I already told you that. Omnividente Oculi is my name."

    "I already know that. What, are you?" Alex released it's cloak, and took a step back. "You, walked out of that crack.. thing.. right?"

    "A fracture, yes."

    "What in hell is it?"

    "It is a tear in reality's fabric," OVO explained. "It is an empty space between realities, which is why it can warp entities through it."

    "Well, why is this happening? And where does it take these 'entities'?"

    "That is a bit too many questions for me to answer right now. We have things to attend to- but what I can tell you, is that your universe is very unstable." OVO said, walking away. "Follow me."

    "Unstable?" Alex asked, following him with a quick sprint. "An irrational occurence," OVO replied. "There is something in your universe that shouldn't exist. Something powerful. Likely a god- or something else entirely." They came to a halt, and OVO's pupil started to glow. "Un toriba von lrior, un toriba hiel toxi." the voice rumbled and shook the room they were in, the very plane of it's reality. Pillars and buildings emerged from the floor, statues and fountains. "Let me reintroduce myself," OVO said. "My name is Omnividente Oculi, the prime god of your universe. And this, is the 27th capital of the realm."

    "And, why did you bring me here?" 

    "Because, Alex, I need you to remove the irrational occurence in your universe."

0