Chapter 46-Reasonator
703 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Now that's what I'm talking about!!!"

Renjiro yelled as he recovered from the explosion. He was too happy to dwell on the destruction that the seal had done to his compound. 

The modified transfer component amplified the chakra capacity of the seal which improves the potency of the seal. Making even basic seals transcend their normal magnitude.

As he assessed the aftermath of the detonation, a realization hit Renjiro with a sobering awareness. The enhanced impact achieved through the introduction of the modified transfer component indeed showcased promising results. 

However, the revelation dawned upon him that every advancement cames with its own set of trade-offs. The unintended outcome manifests as the tag detonates spontaneously, deviating from the intended functionality.

Normally, when one activates the explosion tag, they get the chance to choose when to detonate it over a limited time after activation. The modified tag was different as it did not give Renjiro this chance and detonated spontaneously. 

'It would have been weird if it worked perfectly. Otherwise, other Fuinjutsu experts would have already developed it out by now. Maybe they did but scrambled the idea due to its downsides.'

'This is still good as long as I am fast enough to escape its range. Or find a way to remotely activate the tag.'

Undeterred by the setback, Renjiro saw the unintended detonation as an opportunity for further exploration and refinement.

As he implements the modified explosive tag once again, the chakra-infused resonance triggers a swift and powerful explosion. However, Renjiro's finely tuned reflexes come into play as he moves with remarkable speed, evading the expanding blast radius. The successful evasion validates his belief that his agility can effectively counterbalance the enhanced explosiveness of the seal.

'It seems I was right. I am fast enough to escape the range of the explosion. Using this while in combat would be hard considering the pressure I would be facing from my opponents. So it should be saved as a trump card for situations that I really need to escape.'

With the success of the modified explosive tag, Renjiro's inquisitive nature propels him to test the altered transfer component on the remaining two seals.

As the chakra drain seal is activated, the intensified transfer component amplifies its draining effect, drawing more chakra than before. However, the downside becomes evident as Renjiro experiences a slight loss of control during activation. 

This trade-off between heightened potency and reduced control mirrors the outcome observed with the explosive tag, underscoring the delicate balance required in modifying fuinjutsu components.

Similarly, the paralysis seal, infused with the modified transfer component, exhibits enhanced efficiency in immobilizing the target. The intensified transfer effect contributes to a more potent paralysis, showcasing the potential benefits of Renjiro's modifications. Yet, once again, the compromise manifests as a partial loss of control during the seal's activation.

'The effects are the same across the board. I need to work on this and improve it. If perfected, fuinjutsu will never be the same. For starters, it needs a new name. Resonator sounds nice.'

Looking at the symbols of the modified transfer component, now the Resonator, Renjiro was proud as this was his first invention. Now he hoped for more to come.

Satisfied with his progress in mastering basic seals, Renjiro decided that he needed to keep making seals so that he could decrease the time needed to create a seal. He had big plans of utilising them in battle.

'Using shadow clones will make the job easier. The issue is that Riku's training is chakra intensive so it might put a strain on my reserves. There's no harm in trying so I'll try that for a week and see how it goes.'

With a puff of smoke five shadow clones appeared to help Renjiro in creating more seals. Leveraging the aid of his shadow clones, Renjiro embarked on an extensive session of seal creation that extended well into the night. 

Late into the night, Renjiro dismissed his shadow clones, their purpose fulfilled. After working on countless seals, both modified and normal ones, he decides to call it a night.

=====

Under the mid-morning sun in the bustling Konoha marketplace, Renjiro, armed with a pouch filled with his newly crafted fuinjutsu seals, made his way to a renowned shop dealing in ninja tools and techniques. The air was alive with the hum of activity as villagers went about their daily routines, and merchants showcased an array of goods.

Approaching the shop, Renjiro greeted the owner with a respectful nod. "Good morning, sir. I have some seals that I want to sell."

Rengoku, the shop owner, eyed the scrolls with curiosity and responded, "Seals you say? Let me have a look." Renjiro carefully unveiled the scrolls, revealing the seals that spoke of the mastery and innovation he had poured into his creations.

"Here we have storage seals and these explosive tags," Renjiro explained. 

Rengoku inspected the seals closely, 
"Impressive work, but these are only basic seals they would not be going for much,"

Renjiro replied, "I don't mind it at all as long as you buy them at market price."

Nodding in agreement, the shop owner pondered for a moment. "Alright then, I will take two dozen of each with five thousand ryo for the storage seals and three thousand ryo for the explosive tags."

'I thought that he would try to take advantage and offer a lower price for them. Good thing I already did my research. Maybe there is still hope for the world.'

Without further ado, they transacted the items with Renjiro getting a huge sum of ninety-six thousand ryo. As the transaction concluded, Renjiro left the shop, his mind buzzing with a sense of accomplishment. 

In as much as that was a huge sum of money, Renjiro had a lot of things that he needed to financially cater for. First, he needed to bolster his upkeep money as the in he was receiving from the clan took a significant reduction when he became a genin. They said that since he was now qualified to earn money from missions, he did not need much from the clan.

Secondly, he was saving up for his weapon. Earlier he had decided to start using the staff, or Bō as it was widely known. For his weapon, he had talked to the clan weapon master about some modifications like having it bore blades at both ends and the ability to separate into two distinct bladed batons. He wanted these modifications to add versatility to his fighting style.

However, these modifications did not come cheap. Especially when Renjiro wanted the blades to be made of chakra metal. This would make it more durable as well as give Renjiro the avenue of using chakra flow with the weapons. In total that would cost him a cool two hundred and fifty thousand ryo.

'That much? Why did I choose to become a shinobi? I should have found a cheaper career.' 

Renjiro was shocked when he heard the price and tried his level best to haggle for it but the weapon master would not budge. When it came to chakra metal, he never compromised. 

Fortunately for him, a door opened for him as during one of their training sessions Riku declared,

"I am sure you have had plenty of rest so Prepare yourselves, tomorrow we'll take our second mission."

[AN:// I am glad that we are done with the Fuinjutsu Mini arc. What are your thoughts on it?]

=====
Your Reviews and Comments about my work are welcomed
If you can, then please support me on Patreon. 
Link - www.patreon.com/SideCharacter
You Can read more than 20 chapters ahead on Patreon.

14