chapter 8 Jaina Proudmoore
279 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It's been a year since I began my training, and it only took me about seven months to reach a sufficient level to become a Paladin. Uther said I'm a prodigy; I'm not sure about that, but training as a knight was enjoyable. I will still have to do it daily even when I'm a Paladin. I spent five months in the Church of Light with the priests to awaken the Light, even though I do not believe in a god. Quite funny, actually.

Today marks a significant moment: my first battle as a Paladin, where I'll confront a Kobold. It's not just a test of skill but also part of my training. I'm filled with anticipation, yet there's a complication. My father, seeing an opportunity, has decided to turn this into a spectacle. He's invited nobles and a crowd to witness my inaugural fight.

Though it's an added pressure, I'm not too concerned. The event will feature other bouts between knights for entertainment. But deep down, I know the true purpose is to showcase me, the prince, in action.

As I stepped into the arena, the sun cast its golden glow over the grounds. The crowd, a blend of nobles and commoners, watched eagerly. Today, I would prove my worth as a Paladin, not just to them, but to myself.

The Kobold, a menacing figure with sharp teeth and wild eyes, stood before me. It moved with a feral grace, unpredictable and dangerous. Around me, the crowd's murmurs swelled into a chorus of anticipation.

My father's and mother's faces were etched in my mind – his stoic, hers worried. My sister's cheers reached my ears, bolstering my resolve.

The battle began. The Kobold lunged, and I parried, the basic Paladin skills Uther taught me coming to life. Each clash of our blades drew gasps and shouts from the spectators. I dodged and weaved, my armor clinking with each movement.

I had to end this quickly. The Kobold was relentless, but I could see its pattern. It overreached, and I saw my chance. With a deep breath, I summoned my strength and called upon one of the few skills I had mastered as a level 1 Paladin – the Crusader Strike.

The Kobold came at me once more, its weapon raised high. I stepped forward, not back, closing the distance between us. My sword, glowing with a faint light, arced through the air, powered by both my will and the training I had received.

The Crusader Strike landed true, a powerful, decisive blow. The Kobold's eyes widened in shock as the force of the strike sent it reeling backward, its life extinguished in a single, clean hit.

Silence fell over the arena for a heartbeat, and then the crowd erupted. Cheers and shouts filled the air, a cacophony of awe and respect. I stood there, breathing heavily, my first real battle as a Paladin won.

I looked up at the stands, at my father. His nod was all the approval I needed. I hadn't just won a fight; I had honored the Paladin's code. It was about more than just defeating an enemy; it was about upholding the virtues of courage and justice.

As the guards removed the Kobold's body, I sheathed my sword, feeling a mix of triumph and solemnity. This was the path of the Paladin – fraught with danger, but guided by righteousness.

Exiting the arena, with the cheers of the crowd still echoing, I walked to where my family was seated. There, I encountered someone I had never met before. I approached my father, who introduced the stranger to me. "Son, meet Daelin Proudmoore, Lord Admiral of Kul Tiras, a longtime friend of mine and ally of Lordaeron."

As soon as my father said that, I realized who it was. I wondered if Jaina was here as well. I slightly bowed, as a prince should, but not so much as to diminish my posture.

Daelin Proudmoore laughed. "No need to be so formal, young man. Your father and I have known each other for as long as I can remember. Anyway, that was a fine fight, young lad. My daughter wanted to fight as well; she loves her magic. Today she will have a fight as well 

"Lady Jaina Proudmoore, daughter of Daelin Proudmoore, Lord Admiral of Kul Tiras, and a long-standing ally of Lordaeron," I heard the announcement.

a young girl, with her flowing blond hair, looked to be about 11 years old. As she stepped forward, the crowd erupted in cheers, their enthusiasm palpable.

From my vantage point in the stands, alongside my family and Jaina's father, I watched intently. Jaina stood there, the very image of budding magical prowess. Despite her youth, she carried herself with a confidence that spoke of her noble lineage and her training as a mage.

As the Kobold was released into the arena, Jaina's focus was unwavering. Her stance was calm, yet there was an underlying current of readiness. She was a level 1 mage, but her control over magic was already impressive. Her specialty, as I had heard, was Frost magic, a discipline requiring both precision and control.

The Kobold, a creature of raw aggression and little intellect, charged towards her. Jaina, however, remained composed. With a swift incantation, she began to channel her magic, her hands moving in an intricate pattern. The air around her fingertips grew colder, frost forming in a swirling dance.

Then, with a clear, strong voice, she unleashed her Frostbolt. The spell, a basic yet powerful tool in the arsenal of a Frost mage, shot forward with unerring accuracy. The bolt of ice hurtled towards the Kobold, leaving a trail of frost in its wake.

The Kobold, caught off guard by the sudden assault of cold, had no time to react. The Frostbolt struck it squarely, the impact resonating through the arena. Encased in ice, the creature stumbled, its movements slowing drastically.

Jaina didn't hesitate. She followed up with another Frostbolt, this one delivered with even greater precision. The second strike was the final blow; the Kobold, overwhelmed by the intense cold, fell to the ground, defeated.

The crowd's cheers reached a fever pitch. Jaina's demonstration of her magical prowess, particularly her mastery of Frostbolt, was a spectacle to behold. It was a display of not just raw power, but of the control and discipline that defined a mage.

As she bowed to the audience and stepped off the stage, knights began dueling after Jaina's fight against a Kobold. Jaina and I started to get to know each other, but my sister quickly became friends with her. Jaina seemed quite shy, different from her portrayal in the game; she had not experienced everything.

Her father seemed to want her to stay in Lordaeron for a while, and our days went on like this.

The next chapter will feature a time skip, providing an update on what Arthas accomplished during that period. also let me know if there are any errors so I may fix them as soon as possible

 

5