Chapter Three – Manafestor
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prambanan Temple Ruins, 11th May 2145

As rays of sunrise enter Angus’s eyes, slanting his eyes Angus could see a black and white stick with a cerulean glow in front of him floating.

Is this my Mana manifestation? Am I a Manafestor now? Why is it so short and thin…

I am Astramala.” A weak whispering sound could be heard.

“What… What the hell…” Angus was taken aback, fell facing the skies, and was in shock.

Quickly regained his composure and raised his body. “You… You can speak?” he exclaimed, still clearly surprised by the event.

“…”

“…”

“What are you saying just now?”

“…”

“You are playing dead now?”

“…”

“Am I dreaming or what!”

Looking at it now shrunk in-size stick, Angus could not help but frown. The baseball stick length with a diameter of two inches now reduces to a dagger length of one and a half inches diameter. Although the black and white stick still glows in cerulean luster. Angus could not help but focuses on the stick and in five second a virtual screen popped up.

Name:???      Element: Unknown      Species: Unknown

HP

MP

500 / 1100

10 / 500

Visual: Black and White stick, Unknown, Age Unknown, 6 Inches, 30lbs (Small)

Grade: Inanimate Chaos Object (Bronze 1 Star)

Stats:

STR

CON

AGI

DEX

INT

WIS

10

11

5

5

5

5

 

P.ATK

M.ATK

P.DEF

M.DEF

SPD

ACC

250

125

110

50

50

50

Synchronization Rate: Unknown

Status: N/A

Skills:

Name

Description

MP

Blunt Force

Strike a single target with 110% P.ATK, a chance to cause a defense break (lower P.DEF by 20%)

100

 

Name

Description

MP

Swing

Hit fan shape around in front of the target with 70% P.ATK, small chance to cause critical hit (150% ATK) to small and medium form.

80

Talent: Locked, Locked, Locked.

Evolution: Unknown

Surprised, A new type of manafestation? Why there is no data about this object?

Angus’s gaze focused back on the stick, he was clearly awake when the stick was communicating with him, but according to the information, it was hardly impossible since the manifestation Angus awake was an inanimate Chaos Object Bronze Grade, a common tool type of manafestation. Uninspired and hopeless Angus focuses his brainwaves to open his virtual screen status.

Name: Angus Kesuma      Element: N/A      Species: Earthling Humanoid

HP

MP

500 / 1200

300 / 600

Visual: Male, 17 Years Old, 5 Foot 10 Inches, 140lbs (Medium)

Nationality: Nusantara Humanity Thrive Fellowship (Bronze Citizen)

Career: Fellowship Graduate

Affiliations: None

Stats:

STR

CON

AGI

DEX

INT

WIS

10

12

6

4

6

10

 

P.ATK

M.ATK

P.DEF

M.DEF

SPD

ACC

250

150

120

100

60

40

 

Synchronization Rate: 12% (Bronze Grade One Star)

Status: Normal

Credits: 12.100 (HF) 0 (SEUC)

Dang... I barely passed the awakening, 12% synchronization rate… I must be a bastard in my previous life…

As he kept reading his stats, a wide grin could be seen on Angus’s face, clenching his fist “Double increase in stats! Not bad! Not bad! At last, heavens are not forsaking me!”

In his thought, although a 12% synchronization rate is trash beyond trash, at last, he regains his sentient self and is not corrupted by mana, and with his increase in body stats, a full-fledge Bronze Grade Two Star status, if he were prudent, he still could at least survive.

While taking a long deep breath Angus shouted “What done is done! No need to fret over it! As I always do, I will survive!” Angus encourages himself like he always does.

Could not wait to test his new power, Angus was ready to head back to Bastions, but to his notice, he could not find the cerulean trinket that his parents left him. Feeling dejected, “It must have been merged during the awakening along with the mana stones, it’s all gone now.” Putting his hand over his heart, Angus said with a muffled voice “Mom, Dad until we meet again, now I got to protect this life you guys have granted.

Angus grabs the floating black and white stick, stores it in his leather jacket, and heads back into Bastions.

***

As Angus prudently walks back to the Bastion, nothing out of the ordinary happens during the travel, but at the checkpoint of the Bastion Angus cannot help but notice a group of people forcefully being pushed while their hands behind their backs tied up by uniformed soldiers. “Move!” said the commanding officer with a cold and harsh tone.

While passing the checkpoint the guard saluted to the uniformed soldiers, “Welcome back, Sergeant Jaka!”

Sergeant Jaka responds with a salute.

The exchange of words could be seen by Angus, and after a while the group left the checkpoint, it was Angus’s turn to pass the checkpoint, and out of curiosity he asked the guard “What’s happening?” The guard’s expression turned serious, and he replied “Are you new here? They are Kamal’s underlings, a famous criminal team around this area, they have been quite active in these past months robbing and killing passersby.” “You lad should be careful while going outskirt, do not travel alone.”

Shocked by the revelations, Angus nodded, “Thank you for the warning, sir” he replied, his voice tinged with concern. “I’ll make sure to take extra precautions when I venture outside Bastion.” The guard nodded with understanding.

“Indeed, it is a challenging situation for all of us. We are doing our best to deal with Kamal’s group, but they are proving quite elusive.”

Angus thanked the guard once again for the information and proceeded through the checkpoint. As he continued his way, “I need to get familiar with the manafestation first, it is suicide to rush things, it is best if I could join the guild or reliable team.” He mumbled.

***

The sun is right above the head when Angus arrives at the inner Bastion, he needs to visit the local training center to familiarize himself with the newly awakened power. But before that, his hangry monster needs to be calmed down first, Afterall his awakening drained up his stamina. Angus could not luxuriously eat like yesterday; he needed all his credit now since he had no income. And for today’s lunch, he settled himself with tempeh bread and his Type-C rations.

Walking while finishing his food, Angus stood in front of a building, hesitating feeling filling his heart while he kept checking the map that was virtually displayed by his bracelet scanner. I have come to the right place, this was a training center recommended to him while asking around, the best one around they said. But to his shock, it is quiet, Unique. There is a blinking neon sign that has been held one hand over his shoulder by a shirtless buffed old uncle sign written “OM KEKAR TRAINING CENTER” which literally translates as “BUFFED UNCLE TRAINING CENTER.”

Looking at the toned muscles of the uncle with the handlebar mustaches, His faint heart could not take it… he wanted to turn back immediately and run for his one and only life. But Angus’s weaver, when he thinks the cost effective for training in this training center. Word on the street, this was the cheapest with decent equipment and trainer. Clenching his teeth, Angus ventured to take a step inside.

The spacious training center could be seen, from a glance, Angus could see there was a room for body training, filled with a sophisticated machine, and there is a closed room, supposed for mind or mana training, and an arena in the center. Amidst the cacophony, the serene and melodic sound Woke Angus from his reverie “Welcome, may I help you with?’ Angus searches for the origin of the sound, the sound comes from a female behind the receptionist’s desk, and a mesmerizing scene freezes Angus times. Standing there was a petite young woman with an undeniable air of elegance. Her slender figure exuded grace, and her long back jet hair cascaded down in silky waves, reaching almost to her waist.

Her flawless complexion, like porcelain, glowed with natural radiance. Her almond-shaped eyes, adorned with long, fluttering lashes, were deep pools of rich dark brown. As Angus approached, the receptionist greeted him once again with warm and friendly smiles, “Welcome, how can I assist you today?”

Angus awkwardly returned her smile and said, “Hello, I’m planning to rent a mana training room is there any room available?”

“You need a normal mana training room or an enhanced mana training room?”

“The normal one please.”

“Mana room training B is available, hourly rent is 300 credits, and for 5 hours package is 1200 credits, and if you become our training center member it is only 1000 credits for 5 hours” Smile the receptionist.

Angus said, “As for the membership fee?” The receptionist replied, “It is 2000 credits for a monthly membership, but the first time you join there is an extra benefit for newcomers, you get to choose free 10 hours in the Mana training room or 20 hours in the body enhancing machine, and as for member you’re eligible for participating in the monthly member arena.”

After pondering for a short while Angus decided “Please, I wanted to join the membership with 10 hours free in the Mana training room package.”

The receptionist nodded and then replied, “Please provide the necessary form.” While sending the form through link communication.

Angus filled out the form and paid the membership fee.

“Welcome Angus to OM KEKAR TRAINING CENTER! I am Susi this training center manager.”

“Please install the membership apps on your bracelet, you could use it to access all the training center facilities and services available, oh… and news about the arena schedule or other information will be updated via the apps too, make sure you check it regularly.”

“Is there any information regarding the training center you're not clear?”

“Its fine for now, Thank you, Susi.” While nodding his head and walking through the mana room.

***

1