Chapter Five – Guild Trial
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

OM KEKAR Training Centers, 18th May 2145

Lying down on the training room floor looking at the training ceiling, the week of training has been intense, but he can already see the progress he has made in controlling his Manafestation and stabilizing his Mana. There is also a change in his physique, his muscle is now more toned, his mind is clearer, and certainly his body on a fit state.

Jump up from the floor, He knows it’s time to take the next steps. Officially join the Guild, and if he has some luck maybe join a small adventure team to start earning his life.

Exiting the training room, Angus walks through to the exit. From the reception desk, while smiling Susi greets Angus, “So, it’s today, right?”

Angus nodded and replied, “Yes, I will submit my request to join the Guild, hopefully, can pass on the first try!”

Smiling Susi nodded in approval, “Good luck! Do your best!”

With a heartwarming feeling, Angus bid farewell to Susi, as he was about to leave the training center. Angus could hear a melodious shouting from behind him.

“Do not forget the celebratory dinner OK! If you manage to join the Guild!”

Almost falling off listening to Susi's Remarks, Angus paced his steps while raising his hand to say goodbye.

This past week, Angus was able to get to know Susi, they chatted for a while after Angus finished his training, and Angus learned that Susi was a gourmet of her own, they chatted about food, but an as forever alone teenager, Angus still unable to ask Susi for a dinner, it pained his heart, as a self-certified man of culture.

***

Angus heads to the Guild headquarters, his heart pounding with anticipation. The building was humongous, it was a sleek and modern design with a defensive measure here and there. There is a bustling atmosphere of people going in and out of the building, it is the busier building Angus has seen so far. As Angus enters the building he is shocked by the massive crowd of adventures. There are a lot of sections, the Guild Quests Board, Material Exchange, and Member Registration, and there is a lot of private room with no sign on it.

Angus walked through the member registration desk, while a receptionist warmly greeted him and said, “Welcome to Yogyakarta Bastion Branch Guild Associations, are you here to register?”

Angus nodded and said, “Yes, I want to join the Adventure Guild Association.”

Please follow me, as the receptionist walks Angus to a room labeled Examination and Trial Room.

The receptionist said, “Are you a first-timer? Do you need me to explain the basics?”

“It was my first time, please do explain how to join the Adventure Guild and the benefit entitled,” Angus said.

“To join Adventure Guild, you need to meet certain criteria, pass the trial, and pay for the yearly membership, as for the criteria, you need 4 of your stats to pass the minimum of 1.5 times of normal Humans. As for the trial, you need to be able to stay in this room for 15 minutes, and oh you could use any support and recovery items while taking the trial.”

“The membership fee for F rank Adventurer is 20,000 credits yearly, double it every rank and when you reach A rank Adventurer you do not have to pay any membership fee. As for the benefit, you could take the Quest Board, rent the room, and exchange for material or skill either with your credits or Guild points, starting the C rank or above adventurer you got a discount in service or exchange in Adventure Guild all over the world and its alliance.” “If you need more detailed information, you can access the Guild database once you join as a member. Please provide the information necessary for the registration.” The receptionist said.

Angus put his right hand on top of the grayish box with a complex runic word on it.

“Stats checking…”

“…”

“Passed”

“You passed the criteria, now you need to pass the trial, as the first time is free of charge, to retake the trial you need to pay credits. I will activate the room when you are ready.”

Taking a deep breath, Angus rechecked his equipment and potions and then he said, “I am ready!”

“Good luck!” The receptionist said as he walked outside the room, the receptionist then activates the room mechanism. The door was closed and 4 droids were summoned to the room, there were 2 humanoid droids (1 equipped with a sword and shield and 1 with staff) and 2 beasts (dog form) droids, and in a breath, their red eyes were glowing and the droids starting to move.

Angus hurriedly summons the staff. Holding it, Angus strikes the incoming dog droids, the droids evade Angus's strike, while the other one dashing to behind Angus to circle him. The droids launch a bite attack, and in an instant, Angus uses his arm covered with Mana to block. A metallic sound could be heard from the exchange. The black and white staff glows while Angus shouts “Blunt Strike!”, the quarterstaff moves downward toward the droid’s head.

As Angus’s staff makes contact with the droid’s head, there is a momentary burst of light, and the dog droid goes still in a dazed state. It was a critical hit! and without a second thought Angus continued to strike the dazed droid, two consecutive strikes landed on the droid, and detached the droid’s head. One down, three more to go.

Meanwhile from afar, the humanoid droid, equipped with staff takes advantage of Angus’s focus and shoots a beam of energy toward him. Angus reacts quickly, using his Mana to surround himself. As the beam shoot hit Angus the force from the beam shoot topples Angus to the hard floor, a crack could be seen on the floor. The sword and shield droids lunge forward, swinging its shield at Angus trying to bash him. Readily Angus uses the staff to parry the shield bash, a metal clashing sound reverberates through the room. There is a slight tremble in Angus's grip, the aftershock from the parry.

Grasping the staff more firmly Angus then activates the staff's second skill “Swing”, aiming toward the droid’s legs, a swift horizontal swing sound cuts the air.

Swoosh!

A loud sound of metal clashing resonates again in the room. The sword and shield droids fell down and pushed away from Angus, a crack in the droid’s leg visible to see. Angus remains vigilant as the second dog droid is already behind Angus and pouncing toward Angus with its metallic teeth. Angus dodges to the side, begins to roll, and takes a distance. He maintained his breath and focused his Mana to enhance his reflexes and agility while making sure to keep all the droids in his line of sight.

The battle continues, with Angus engaging in a dance of dodges, strikes, and blocks. His steady Mana flows and his control over abilities give him an edge, allowing him to react faster and act more fluidly. However, the droids are relentless, and their combination attacks are well-planned.

After a series of intense exchanges, Angus manages to separate the dog droid from the crowds and land well-placed blows on the dog droid, causing it to break down and deactivate. Now only two droids remain the two humanoid droids.

Angus realized that the key is to divide and conquer. He decides to focus on the staff-wielding droids first, using his staff to create a series of quick and powerful strikes while staying nimble blocking and evading the sword and shield, managing him to land a critical hit on the vulnerable droid joint, disabling it.

A range attacker droid without the ability to move around was a sitting duck, Angus quickly finish it with concentrated strikes. With one last opponent remaining, Angus recklessly decides to clash with it head-on. The droid's lunch barrage of sword and shield combos on Angus, cornering him.

Realizing his bad decision, Angus takes a more defensive approach, waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike. The sword and shield droid is not giving any room for Angus to maneuver, as it strikes the droid's body glows red in color.

Shit, it is going berserk!

Angus quickened his movement, as he gulped his Health potions, he lunged toward the droids.

The berserk droid swung its sword toward Angus, and a crackling sound could be heard as the sword cut down the air.

Angus reacted quickly and concentrated all his mana toward the staff and thrust it forward toward the droids.

“Die!”

***

0