Chapter Six – Officially Adventurer
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yogyakarta Guild Examination and Trial Room, 18th May 2145

“Bbbzzzz…”

“Bbbzzzz…”

“Crack… Crack…”

In the aftermath of the intense battle, the room feels eerily silent, except for the faint crackling of electricity from the deactivated droids. The dust began to settle, revealing the scenes of the young man, Angus, standing amidst the wreckage. His breath was labored, and his body trembled with exhaustion and pain. The silhouette of Angus was illuminated by the dim light, highlighting his weary but determined figure.

The humanoid droid that Angus had managed to defeat with his final powerful strike hung lifelessly from his staff. Its legs were broken, and its chest was pierced by the force of Angus’s attack. The staff had impaled the droid, keeping it suspended in a surreal and haunting sight.

Angus leaned heavily on his staff, using it as support to remain on his feet. The pain from his wound intensified with each passing moment, but he refused to succumb to it just yet.

It was a split-second decision as in the previous clash, Angus managed to tip the balance of the droid by kicking his almost broken legs, the staff managed to pierce the chest in the last moment, and the sword swing from the droid still also land on Angus's shoulder.

The receptionist rushed over to him, his face a mix of awe and concern.

“You did it, Angus,” he said, his voice filled with admiration. “You passed the trial, even in such a weakened state. Your determination is truly remarkable.”

Angus managed a faint smile, his breaths shallow and labored. “Th- thank you,” he replied, his voice hoarse. “I had to… I could not… give up…”

With the trial officially concluded, the room’s mechanisms disengaged, and the deactivated droid was carried away. Medical personnel arrived to attend to Angus’s injuries, carefully removing the debris from the broken part of the droid that pierced into Angus's flesh before tending to his wound.

As they worked on him, Angus’s mind began to drift. He could not help but think about the path that led him to this moment. The training, the awakening, the sacrifices, and the burning desire to prove himself and survive had all brought him to this pivotal point in his life.

Despite the pain, Angus felt a sense of fulfillment. He had faced a formidable challenge and emerged victorious, even when the odds seemed stacked against him. The trial had tested not just his combat skill but his resilience, adaptation, and determination, qualities that he held dear.

***

Over the next day, Angus recovered in the medical bay. During his recovery, Angus also learned that the trial was not just about assessing combat abilities. It was a test of character, of the ability to push oneself beyond limits and to stand firm in the face of adversity, since it was Manafestor's need in order to survive this chaotic universe.

With his wounds healed and his determination stronger than ever, Angus was ready to embrace the life of a professional adventurer. He had proven himself during the trial, and now he was eager to take on the guild quest to earn his living and make a name for himself in the adventurer community. But first, he needs to retrieve his Adventure Guild badge.

As he stepped into the bustling guild hall, he felt a mix of excitement and nervousness. The guild hall was filled with adventurers of various races and professions, all bustling about, discussing quests, and forming parties. Angus approached the member registration counter, the receptionist smiled and said “Welcome back Angus, how is your treatment? All good?”

Angus nodded cupped his hand and said “Thank you for the fast response last time, I am afraid if a little bit later, I am a goner!”

The receptionist laughed, “Hahaha… You have a young and strong body! While his eyes looking at a certain part of Angus's body.”

Angus felt goosebumps and shivering to hear the receptionist remarks

“Hahaha… I am joking with you!”

“Here, your Adventure Guild Badge” Tossing a dark glimmering badge to Angus.

As Angus caught the dark glimmering badge, he tried to brush off the awkwardness of the receptionist's previous remarks with a faint smile. “Thanks,” he replied, attempting to keep his voice steady.

Despite the receptionist’s attempt to pass it off as a joke, Angus could not shake off the uncomfortable feeling that lingered. He quickly scanned the badge, and he noticed it was an F-rank Adventure Guild Badge.

Not finished scanning the badge, Angus could hear the receptionist say to him “Oh I almost forgot, sync your scanner with the Guild data before you leave, and do not forget you need to pay for the yearly membership fee at the end of the month, or your guild membership will be revoked!” Angus could see a smirked smile from the receptionist.

“Thank you, Bye!”

Without further ado, Angus left the member registration area and walked to the Quest Board area while syncing his scanner with the Guild Database. After he arrived in the Quest Board area, he could see a floating virtual panel in front of him, A series of quests was filled with various requests from different parts of the realm. Each quest had details about the task, the reward offered, and the level of difficulty.

As he perused the available quests for his current level, he noticed that most of them were simple tasks suitable for beginners like him. Clearing out small chaos beast dens, and gathering materials from nearby areas seemed to be the common type of quest available for F-rank adventurers.

No Shit!

My life will be forfeited if I’m not careful in selecting the quest!

There are also quests for escorting a supply cargo, which offers decent rewards, but Angus knows the danger it lurks, helping guard the walking treasure trove in these chaotic times.

Hmmm… my funds are running out soon, and I need to pay for the yearly membership fee.

I think I will take the chaotic beast hunting in nearby Prambanan Ruins since is near Bastion, it is rather safe and if anything, wrong happens I could just dash away to the bastion.

Fire Element Chaotic Beast Extermination

F- RANK (PARTY Recommended)

Exterminate 20 Fire Element Chaotic Beasts.

Could be found near Prambanan Ruins Area (Coordinate), Mt. Merapi (Coordinate).

Reward: 50.000 Credits

Provide the Beast Caracas as a bounty.

An extra reward will be given if sell the complete Caracas to the Guild.


Note.

Fire Element Chaotic Beasts near Prambanan Ruins range from Bronze 1 Star to Silver 1 Star, Mt. Merapi from Bronze 1 Star to Unknown, be in mind when approaching. A Party of 5 is recommended.

ACCEPT QUEST

 

Accept.

Hmmm… it’s a party quest, should I spend time searching for a party or I train myself in a nearby area while scouting for a party?

I guess I need to prepare for the necessary for this moment. Angus continues to exit the Guild Hall.

***

 

Angus revisiting the Roro Thrift Store, there are a lot of stores in the Bastion but according to Angus's comparison, the Roro Thrift Store was the cheapest and had a decent variety of stock. As Angus open the store door, he was taken aback and nearly fall on his ass.

A brown-skinned woman with scarlet hair around her shoulder forcefully opens the door, she seems in a hurry. Angus moved to the side as the door opened fully, and he could see the back of the said woman, followed by a young man plastering the woman here and there.

Angus stood there momentarily stunned by the unexpected encounter. The woman’s vibrant scarlet hair and hurried demeanor had captured his attention in an instant. He could not help but be intrigued by her presence and the whirlwind of energy that seemed to surround her. Shaking off his initial surprise, Angus stepped further into the store, his curiosity piqued. He could not deny that his heart raced a bit at the memory of that fleeting encounter. Her image lingers in his mind, captivating his thoughts. Angus shook himself out of his stupor and focused on the task at hand – restocking and preparing for his upcoming adventure.

As he perused the store, Angus noticed a group of people huddled together near a display of trinkets. They were engrossed in a lively discussion, occasionally glancing at notes and mana stones spread out on a nearby table. Curiosity piqued; Angus attentively focused his hearing on the group of people.

“Come on guys, we cannot just hunt low star chaotic beast near the Bastion! We need to change our aim, let us try the elemental one!” Said the young man with a pair of daggers on his waist.

“I agree with Justin, a week already passed since we carefully hunted the nearby Chaotic Beast. It is time to go deeper.” Said the spectacle and bookish appearance of a young-looking girl.

“How about you Syl?” Said the young man with a shield on his back and a short sword on his waist.

“I think we need more time to familiarize ourselves with the surrounding environment, as our party right now is still not operating at optimal.” Said a woman carrying staff looking weapon called Syl the man.

“Come on Syl… If you looking for a member, why not invite him over” The young man said while his head turn around and looking toward Angus. “He is been overhearing our conversation for quite a time!”

Angus was startled by the young man's remarks, as the 3 pair of eyes gaze through Angus. Angus quickly realized that he had inadvertently become the focus of the group's attention. He cleared his throat and gave a sheepish smile, feeling a bit embarrassed for eavesdropping on their conversation.

“Ah, my apologizes,” Angus said, stepping closer to the group. “I did not mean to intrude. It’s just that your discussion caught my interest, and I could not help but overhear.”

The spectacle and bookish appearance young girl's eyes widened, her expression shifting from surprise to curiosity. “Well, well, a curious eavesdropper, aren’t you?” she quipped, a playful grin tugging at the corner of her lips. “But you are right, we are a team of adventures, and we are considering our next move. I’m Elara, by the way, and these are my companions, if you attentively listen, you know their name already, right?”

Angus’s face blossomed red, as he awkwardly smiles and nodded in acknowledgment. “Nice to meet you all. I’m Angus. I’m actually here to restock for a quest of my own.”

Listening to Angus reply, Justin gave a thumbs up. “My Man!” he said, “Young and reckless!”

0