Chapter Seven – My Decent Attack
11 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Roro Thrift Store, 18th May 2145

Facepalming, the young man said, “Justin… sorry for his loose mouth Angus, let me reintroduce ourselves, we are Thousand Stupas, a local adventure team, we are F grade adventure team that formed a week ago. I am Keith, the current lead of the team.”

Before Keith finishes the introduction, The woman with staff as her weapon looks into Angus while observing his gear and says, “Well… quite reckless indeed, I could tell you are also new here, have you recently joined the Guild?”

“Yes,” Angus said while looking sideway, avoiding Syl's gaze, “I just passed the Guild trial yesterday and just received my badge and took my first quest” he explained truthfully.

Justin approaches Angus and playfully slaps his back, a wide grin on his face, “My man indeed! My man!”

“Enough… all of you,” said Keith apologetically while inviting Angus to join their table.

Angus followed Keith’s lead and took the seat at the table, as the five of them sat at the table Keith continued the introductions, pointing out each member of the team, “This is Sylara, our healer,” he said, gesturing to the staff-holding woman who had been observing Angus so intently. “Justin is our rogue and Elara is our mage.”

Angus nodded in acknowledgement his curiosity piqued by the variety of skills each member brought to the team. As Keith inquired about Angus’s quest, Angus readily shared his current objective.

“I took the Fire Element Chaotic Beast extermination quest,” Angus explained.

Elara, leaned forward, her eyes gleaming with interest. “Fire element Chaotic Beast, you say? Those beasts can be quite tricky with their volatile nature, and are you going to solo the quest? What a brave young man!”

Justin could be seen grinning while nodding his head giving approval. Keith attentively said, “Have you found a party to do the quest? It is recommended for a 5-person team, right?” blushed while disheveling his hair Angus said, “No, not yet, I am planning to get familiarized with nearby chaotic beast first before start hunting for the fire element chaotic beast.”

Keith gave approval to Angus's choice, “Yes, you should familiarize your selves with the surrounding environment first, danger lurks everywhere outside the Bastion.” Not looking for a range type of weapon on Angus, Keith continues “Are you perhaps a melee class?”

“Yes, I am still not sure what class I am, but for now I was using a melee type of weapon”

Looking at his teammates, Keith said to Angus “Well, we are lacking a teammate, especially in melee for a 5-man party, are you perhaps interested in joining us? We could help you familiarize yourself with the area nearby Bastion while we are working on our teamwork and preparations, and when you're ready we could hunt for the fire element chaotic beast.”

Angus could not help but feel grateful for the party invitation, “Thank you for your kind invitation, I gladly accept it” Angus said as his hands were pressed together with palms touching and his finger pointed upwards as he bowed down a little.

As the conversation continued, the members of Thousand Stupas chatted with this newly recruited member, sharing stories of their past exploits, offering advice about the best places to gather, and discussing various tactics and news.

The evening progressed, as they spent time guiding and discussing what Angus might need to restock, some essential tools, and emergency tools for adventuring into the wilds. Angus also buys himself a common grade card for future use, and this shopping spree exhausts Angus's credits, after the shopping spree the group decides to part ways, but not before making plans for the next day. Keith addressed Angus with a warm smile, “Angus, we will meet at the checkpoint gate tomorrow morning”

Angus replied with an affirmative nod while weaving his hand to say goodbye to the group.

***

The following morning, as the sun painted the sky with hues of golden, Angus who is already fully geared arrives at the checkpoint gate. The members of the Thousand Stupas were already there, their faces bright with anticipation, and from a quick glance it was obvious their adventure gear seemed a much higher grade than the one Angus wore.

“Hello,” Angus first bows a little to greet the team.

“Hello,” Keith, Elara, and Justin replied and Sylara just nodded her head.

“You guys early.” Said Angus.

Justin replied while grinning, “Yes, we are! We are the early worm!”

“Early worm my ass!” “It was the early bird, dumbass!” said Elara in contempt.

The rest of the party shook their head while Angus could not help but smile. After exchanging a few pleasantries, Keith said to the team “Are you guys’ preparations ready? Let's move out!” the team was not using any kind of vehicle for this mission, since they were planning to travel nearby by foot. The team proceeded with the necessary for adventuring beyond the Bastion wall, as they passed the checkpoint gate the surrounding environment changed, it had only been nine days last time Angus walked this path, but now there were subtle traces of battles taking place. The team moved in unison, as their objective today was getting to know the new member and working on their teamwork.

As they walked for a while from the checkpoint gate, they encountered a group of chaotic beasts that resembled water buffalo lazily lying around near the small river bank. They stop, and stealthily advance toward the chaotic beast group. Angus uses his scanner to check the beast.

Name: Bubalus Element: Water Species: Bestial

HP

MP

N/A / N/A

N/A / N/A

Visual: Mutated Water Buffalo with 2 longhorns and 2 short horns, dark brown pelt with blue glow, Unknown, Age Unknown, Height: 6 Feet 6 Inches, Length: 6 Feet 7 Inches, Weight: 1500lbs (Medium)

Grade: Chaos Beast (Bronze 2 Star ~ Silver 1 Star)

Stats:

STR

CON

AGI

DEX

INT

WIS

10 ~ 35

10 ~ 55

5 ~ 15

5 ~ 25

5 ~ 35

5 ~ 35

 

P.ATK

M.ATK

P.DEF

M.DEF

SPD

ACC

250 ~ 875

125 ~ 875

110 ~ 550

50 ~ 350

50 ~ 150

50 ~ 250

Synchronization Rate: Unknown

Status: N/A

Skills:

Name

Description

MP

Stomp

Damage small area with 85% P.ATK, a chance to cause a slow (lower SPD by 20%)

85

 

Name

Description

MP

Craze Rush

Rush and crash Infront opponent with 200% P.ATK with -50% Accuracy, medium chance to cause critical hit (150% ATK) to small and medium form.

200

 

Name

Description

MP

Double Horn

Strike with horn twice 100% P.ATK x 2, small chance to enter combo (attack x 4).

125

 

Name

Description

MP

Water Jet

Strike with jet of water 125% M.ATK chance to armor break (lower P.DEF by 50%).

150

 

Talent: Unknown

Evolution: None

Angus was shocked when he looked at the chaotic beast's status, he scanned two other Bubalus to find the status was the same, and then he realized he was using a common grade scanner, where the scanner could only do so in scanning the mana fluctuation.

“Luckily it was a Bronze 2 Star chaotic beast,” said Keith “We could hunt this group! Justin, Angus prepares to separate the two others, we will focus one by one, Elara! prepares to pull!”

Angus’s mind raced as he absorbed the plan. He nodded to Keith, as he swiftly moved to the right, aligning himself with Justin who was taking a position on the left flank. The plan unfolded like a well-practiced dance. At the forefront, Keith stood poised with his shield and short sword, Elara's grimoire glowing with a yellowish hue. “Electric Bullet!” a barrage of small electrically charged orbs surged forward from her outstretched hands, hurtling toward the targeted Bubalus.

The chaotic beast let out a piercing shriek as the orbs impacted, burning and charring the Bubalus pelt, The beast, momentary dazed and agitated, locked its gaze onto Elara.

“Cover!” Elara's voice cut through the morning stillness, as the targeted Bubalus huffed from his nose and charged toward Elara. The other two Bubalus followed suit, charging toward the perceived threat.

Before the Bubalus could gain full momentum in its charge, Keith sprang into action. With a burst of speed and strength, he rushed toward the targeted Bubalus, with his shield, Keith bashed Bubalus's head. The beast loses its balance, and his head crashes into the ground, disoriented.

Meanwhile, Justin and Angus were already in motion, their newly built coordination was impeccable. Justin’s dagger found their marks – one struck deep into the second Bubalus tight, while the other dagger slashed across its feet. The creature’s movement faltered as pain radiated through its body.

With focus and precision, Angus swung his quarterstaff with all his might, aiming directly for third Bubalus's head. The impact was resounding, the blow landed squarely and halted the creature’s charge in its tracks. The Bubalus staggered, disoriented and stunned by the force of the strike. Without skipping a beat, he closed the gap between himself and the chaotic beast. His fist shot forward, connecting with the creature's face in a powerful punch.

***

0