Chapter 11: Large and Very Horrible Dungeon…
2k 4 92
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Chapter 11: Large and Very Horrible Dungeon...

(Syrilblia’s POV)

After exploring the tunnel a bit, we came across a large door. Opening it up, we were met with a kinda horrible sight.

Carna: “…”

Marina: “…”

Syrilblia: “…”

To the left was a small office. If we searched through the documents there, we would most likely find some incriminating evidence against Martin. As good as that was, our main focus was on the rest of the dungeon…

Marina: “I can’t believe that I married such a man…” She said with an angry tone.

Her tone was clear, and the angriest that I’ve ever heard Marina speak. Even though she didn’t shout, I could feel her rage boiling over. Without thinking much about it, I rushed over to her and pulled Marina into a hug to calm her down.

This mostly worked, but the current environment would make anyone angry. The world of this novel was fantasy, yes. But the author was very lofty. It didn’t play out like a medieval world; I mean.

Such things as slavery were completely outlawed, with the main villains being from an evil kingdom that did allow such horrible things to happen. Syrilblia wasn’t the main villain of the story, after all.

Carna: “Martin won’t get away with this, rest assured, my Lady.” She said with a serious tone.

From what I’ve said so far, what we’re witnessing should be obvious. Inside countless prison cells… were women, all in terrible states. Most looked to be starving, and they had empty looking eyes.

None of them looked to be in any humane state. With the locked down nature of this hidden dungeon, having it be cleaned wasn’t an option that Martin had access to. The girls lived in their own filth. Martin was a right piece of shit for being able to rape these women in such conditions, let alone how horrible this place smells.

Marina: “Syrilblia… if my eyes do not deceive me, are those two little girls?” She asked, putting her hands into a fist so hard that they bled.

Rubbing her hands to get her to stop, I looked at where Marina was focusing on. Inside two different cells… were a two little girls. I am not talking about something just slightly under 18 years of age, either.

Instead, these girls couldn’t be older than 10 years of. I saw myself in these girls. Before my family realized that I was better clean, and having some freedom, I was kept like this as well. Of course, it wasn’t a cell, but rather the basement.

Any calm I had vanished as my memories flooded back to me, memories that I thought I had pushed far back into my mind. I ran to the other side of the dungeon, and then I threw up. Luckily, I skipped breakfast this morning. So I was mostly dry heaving, only throwing up a small amount of bile.

Turning back, I saw Marina looking at me with a concerned expression. Her expression was painful to see… Not because I didn’t want her concern, but because I wanted to be seen as ridiculously strong.

But this was too much. Everything, my horrible self hidden past memories, how I died in just a shitty way, all due to my family’s unrelenting greed and cruelty. The weight of being reincarnated in such a horrible position in a random fantasy world, forced to be a villainess, and forced to bear her sins upon my shoulders.

I wasn’t strong. I never was. I… I was only ever good at putting up a front, letting no else understand my pain and suffering. I didn’t want this. None of it…

No. That wasn’t the truth… I wanted one part of this. That being Marina. I loved her. I wasn’t forcing myself to feel for her; I fell for Marina at my first sight of her. And there she was, the woman I loved, looking at me like I was some injured animal…

Marina: “…”

No words were spoken, and I ran up to Marina and hugged her tightly. Crying into her chest, she soon started to rub my head and console me. This… this went on for a while. And thankfully, Marina was more than willing to console me like this.

Hours Later.

Marina: “Are you okay now?” She asked with a caring tone.

Syrilblia: “…Somewhat. Thanks for consoling me.” I reply with a forced smile.

Marina: “Not even the you of the past would accept doing something like this. So there isn’t any reason to fell guilty about it. Martin wouldn’t have told his daughter about this dungeon.” She consoled.

Syrilblia: “Why should I put up a front any longer? I am not your daughter, nor do I have any memories of Syrilblia’s life.” I admit.

Marina: “…Then” She replied.

Syrilblia: “This world… it was just a novel in mine. Dying and reincarnating into this villainesses body, I truly have no idea what sin I committed to have this punishment that was given to me.” I continue.

Marina: “…”

Syrilblia: “One day… I will tell you why I reacted like this. But for now, please just know that my feelings for you are real, and I am not tricking you, or just trying to survive in some cruel way.” I say with a smile.

Marina then looked to be lost in thought. Did she not think that I would ever admit to this? To be fair to her, neither did I. But I miscalculated greatly. Somehow, I deluded myself into thinking that I was some strong person with a heart of stone.

I wasn’t. I needed someone to save me. No one ever has, regardless of how pitiful I was. Marina was the first. I couldn’t keep this up any longer… I needed her to know the truth. Otherwise, I would go insane. I wanted her to save me…

Marina: “Do you not trust me?” She asked.

Syrilblia: “I… I’ve never had someone like you in my life, Marina.” I answer nervously, trying to avoid her question.

Marina: “Do you, or do you not trust me?” She repeated.

Syrilblia: “…”

Marina: “Then, let’s try a different question… Why do not you not want to tell me? Why can’t you trust me fully?” She asked with a calm tone.

Carna: “Marina… You need to calm down.” She said with a stern tone.

Marina: “I am calm.” She replied.

Carna: “Are you a fool?” She said with an annoyed tone.

Marina: “…”

Carna: “I thought that I raised you better than this… Syrilblia was clearly a victim. Probably of something similar to what we see before us.” She explained.

Marina: “…”

Syrilblia: “…”

Damn super maid… She really got my number from day one, huh? Why is she so good at reading people? Since this is a fantasy world, I can’t rule out her being some ancient race. Which would be funny to me. Heh… God… I think that I might have messed up. Can… will I be able to patch things up with Marina?…

92