Chapter 2: Golden Hairband
862 6 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aqua, the goddess of water, who represented the color blue, was famous for her quote, "If wisdom had a color, it would be blue."

It was not surprising that Sato Hikaru found her familiar.

It was just that after transmigrating for over ten years, his memories had become blurry. Thus, he did not recognize this renowned goddess of "wisdom" at first.

It was only upon hearing about the "Axis Church" and its strange teachings that he remembered everything.

Unfortunately, in his excitement, he spoke things he shouldn't have.

Although Aqua's "divine punishment" seemed childish,

frankly speaking, if from today onward he couldn't flush the toilet, it would be frightening.

"No, your divine punishment means there's no water in the toilet. Does that also mean there's no water for washing hands?"

"Hmph! Are you scared now? Then kneel and repent!"

"This person…"

Seeing Aqua's smug look, Sato Hikaru finally understood why the devil sharing his surname always wanted to hit her.

Because she truly deserved it!

But currently, he was weaker than her. If he didn't want a grim future, did he have no choice but to apologize?

That wasn't right!

This transmigration was because of a suddenly appearing system.

Why had it remained silent after sending him here and only complained once?

[Ahem, the host has met with the main character, the plot has started, the tutorial will begin.]

[Tutorial 1: Please say 'system' silently in your mind to open the system panel.]

'System'

Following Sato Hikaru's silent command, an illusory light panel appeared before him.

Judging by Aqua's smug expression, awaiting her apology, it seemed that even the goddess couldn't see this light panel.

[Tutorial 1 completed; reward received: activated spatial backpack.]

[Tutorial 2: Focus on the 'task' panel to switch to the tasks panel.]

'Where did this third-rate online game-style tutorial come from?'

[Tutorial 2 completed; reward received: Golden hairband*3.]

???

[Tutorial 3: Open the 'backpack' panel and take out the item.]

Before Sato Hikaru could complain about the reward, the system released a new task.

It just so happened that Sato Hikaru wanted to see what this golden hairband was. Without hesitation, he opened the backpack and retrieved it.

When the golden hairband appeared in his hand, information surfaced in Sato Hikaru's mind.

[Item: Golden hairband]

[Effect: A magical hairband made of pure gold. The unworn hairband makes others eager to wear it, but once worn, it cannot be removed except by its creator and owner.]

[Remark: The effect is enhanced when used with the manual.]

"Eh!? What's that in your hand?"

Just as Sato Hikaru was wondering what the manual mentioned in the remark was and where it might be hidden, Aqua, standing beside him, noticed the golden hairband in his hand and approached with shining eyes.

Seeing Aqua's gleaming eyes, Sato Hikaru immediately wanted to hide the golden hairband.

However, at that moment, another system prompt appeared in his mind.

[Tutorial 3 completed; reward received: golden hairband manual]

[Tutorial 4: Use the golden hairband once.]

"Ah, this…"

Seeing the system task and then noticing Aqua's eager eyes, Sato Hikaru simply said, "I'm sorry, Aqua-sama, I misspoke earlier. Please forgive my rudeness."

While saying this, Sato Hikaru held up the golden hairband, offering it to Aqua.

"Consider this hairband my apology gift, and I hope the gracious Aqua will rescind the divine punishment."

"Ahem! Well, if you insist."

Although she seemed reluctant, Aqua was quick to act.

The moment Sato Hikaru presented the golden hairband, Aqua excitedly snatched it from him, looking at it as if she couldn't put it down.

However, when Sato Hikaru noticed that Aqua was merely holding the golden hairband and not wearing it, he became anxious and said,

"Aqua-sama, this hairband looks so noble and beautiful. It would suit a goddess as beautiful and noble as you, don't you think? Why not try it on?"

"Really? I'll try it then."

Flattered by Sato Hikaru's compliment, Aqua happily placed the hairband on her head.

She also produced a mirror, eager to see how she looked with the golden hairband.

However, …

"Eh? It doesn't look as good as I thought?"

As she spoke, Aqua tried to remove the golden hairband.

Once Sato Hikaru saw that Aqua had worn the hairband, he shifted his focus back to the system task.

But when he noticed that [tutorial 4] was marked [incomplete], he became puzzled.

Hadn't he persuaded Aqua to wear the hairband?

Why was the task still incomplete?

What had gone wrong?

37