Chapter 61: It’s logical for the Boss to have a second stage, right
76 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Right now, I only want you to die!!!”

“Wait, Chris, wait, calm down!”

“Do I look like someone who can calm down!”

Chris jumped at Sato Hikaru while shouting, she held Sato Hikaru’s waist with her leg, both hands held his neck, her whole person was hanging on Sato Hikaru’s body.

“How dare you, how dare you!!”

While shouting, Chris continued to shake Sato Hikaru, the culprit who had made her look so miserable: “I am still on the surface of the lake! How dare you just light it up!!!”

“Cough…let, let go of your hand!”

Sato Hikaru pried open Chris’ hand with difficulty before getting the chance for him to breathe.

Sato Hikaru, who was almost suffocated, even felt the charred smell on Chris’ body to be very fresh.

“Cough, you should know, I did that to cover you.”

Forcefully suppressing his cough, Sato Hikaru quickly explained: “Just now it was very dangerous, that water arrow had almost hit you, so ugh”

“So, this is how you cover me!?”

Chris used her blackened hand to push Sato Hikaru’s face, stopping his feeble explanation, while letting this culprit know her current condition.

“Do you want to see, what the heck did you protect, huh!!”

“Wuuu!”

Before Sato Hikaru managed to reply to Chris, Sato Hikaru shouted in surprise and used his hand to hold Chris’ waist and ran away to the side.

Familiar sizzling sound was once again her from behind him.

This time, Sato Hikaru did not need to look back to know, his and Chris’ previous position had been dissolved by poisonous liquid.

“How could it be, such a fierce flame and it still has not died?”

Once again standing while holding onto Chris, Sato Hikaru and the rest looked at the center of the sea of flame in disbelief, at the continuously moving eight heads.

“Although I have heard that the multi-headed water snake’s vitality is very tenacious, isn't this too exaggerated?”

While speaking, Sato Hikaru once again waved his staff, four earth walls once again rose in front of them and then followed through like the previous method and reinforced it with ice.

On the other side, Darkness seemed to have a tacit understanding as she immediately released different kinds of hatred attracting skill to properly protect Yunyun and Aqua.

“Wrong! This is not a matter of vitality.”

Chris, who was once again standing properly beside Sato Hikaru, was no longer troubling him, instead she carefully observed the multi-headed water snake and seemed to have noticed something as she suddenly spoke.

“I understand, it survived not because its vitality is strong, but because this flame cannot harm it!”

“How could that be!?”

Hearing this unexpected answer, Sato Hikaru subconsciously refuted: “No matter what, the multi-headed water snake is still a living organism, furthermore, you can see that its current body was covered in flames, how could it be called alright?”

“No, the flames really cannot harm it, as for the flames on its body, it should disappear soon.”

While the two of them spoke, the multi-headed snake once again opened its mouth and bit at the ice wall.

The ice wall that was previously impregnable was now showing cracks under the attack.

“Oh no, it’s the flame on its body! The high temperature destabilized the ice wall’s structure, The ice layer was now a burden.”

Seeing this, Sato Hikaru quickly used magic to reinforce the ice wall by freezing it, while speaking: “Tch, did I help the Boss enter the second stage?”

“You just need to hold on for a while, the flame would not last much longer.”

Licking her dry lips, Chris quickly explained: “The multi-headed water snake is actually a type of serpent dragon, there should be dragon scales on its body, it’s just that this level of flame is not enough to break through the dragon scale’s defense.”

“That’s not right.”

While using his hand to reinforce the ice wall, Sato Hikaru’s mouth did not stay silent, and immediately mentioned his doubts.

“If it truly has protection of dragon scales, how could it be burned? Just depending on the little bit of oil on its body? Then it would be impossible to burn its entire body.”

While speaking, Sato Hikaru felt that it was troublesome to continue reinforcing the ice wall, so he simply erected another four earth walls on the outer layer, intending to use these walls to first block this wave of flaming special attack.

It’s just that his mouth continued to speak: “Furthermore, just that little bit of oil, the temperature would not be high enough to instantly break the ice wall’s structure.”

“Because what was being burned was not only that oil, there is also the sticky liquid on its skin that it secreted.”

“Hm? Sticky liquid???”

The multi-headed water snake’s skin could secrete something, this was a blind spot in Sato Hikaru’s knowledge.

Fortunately, Chris did not show off, and immediately spoke: “When I was on it, I felt something was not right, when I touched the multi-headed water snake, its skin was rather rough, and also sticky, touching it felt weird.”

“Now that I think about it, the sticky thing should be something that its skin secreted, while that rough feeling when I touched it should be dragon scale.”

“The liquid secreted by the multi-headed water snake…”

Recalling the characteristics of the multi-headed water snake that was covered in poison, Sato Hikaru could not help but glanced at Chris’ hands.

“You…if you mentioned scale, shouldn’t it be very smooth?”

Just as he opened his mouth, he suddenly recalled Chris’ true identity, Sato Hikaru immediately changed his words: “Like fishes and prawns, shouldn’t it be smooth to the touch?”

“Hey, not all scales are smooth when touched, alright.”

~~~

Patreon.com/Bleam

— 50 Advance Chapters!

For every 100 PowerStone get 1 Bonus Chapter! 

Thanks for those who gives PowerStone! Super grateful! Hopefully we reach the goal this week!

5