Chapter 64: Terrifying Regeneration Ability
76 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Although I have known from the report that the multi-headed water snake’s vitality is freakishly strong…”

The corner of Sato Hikaru’s eyes twitched crazily as he floated in the air while looking downwards at the multi-headed water snake.

“But I did not hear that its regeneration capability would be so monstrous…”

It had to be said, this time round, he was frightened.

Only one minute had passed between it being hit by Megumin’s explosion magic and had lost three of its heads and heavily injured its fourth head. Yet, at this moment, in front of Sato Hikaru, he had seen five complete heads.

Even the other three which necks had been cut off, budding flesh squirmed as it regenerated, it had even grown halfway.

“The head had been cut off, after receiving such a heavy wound, it still regenerated in about one minute, is this guy still a living being?”

Now, Sato Hikaru truly understood why the kingdom was helpless even though it had mobilized the knight corps, and could only choose to waste its magic power and banished it back into the lake to hibernate.

After all, the kingdom could not muster three Archmages who could use explosion magic at the same time.

If they could not use magic to destroy all eight heads at the same time, the only other option would be for knights and sword saints, these close combatants to try to cut off these huge heads, each the size of a villa.

In order to do so, the number of experts they needed to gather to do so would probably reach half of the main force used to fight against the demon king’s army. Furthermore, the chance of success was not 100%, after all, no one could guarantee the tacit cooperation among these experts to be able to cut off all the heads within one minute.

In comparison, to let the knight corps come for training whenever the multi-headed water snake woke up, although rather wasteful, it was still an effective measure.

“However, …even if you could withstand Megumin’s explosion magic, so what?”

Sato Hikaru, who had finished charging up, raised his staff, powerful magic surged out of his body, and gathered towards the magic array that appeared above his head.

“The strength of my explosion magic is more than ten times Megumin’s explosion magic!”

Sato Hikaru’s ‘kind’ look focused on the multi-headed water snake below him, who seemed to have sensed something wrong and so struggled frantically out of the swamp towards the lake, and smiled as he waved his staff.

“Explosion.”

Although the tone was not as passionate as Megumin’s as he chanted out the last of the chant. But at that moment, the whole world seemed to have paused in silence.

The multi-headed snake below, Darkness and the rest who were far away, everyone heard Sato Hikaru’s voice.

Next, their eyes were filled with bright orange light and flames, both of their ears also became deaf due to proximity of the explosion.

Only the violent air waves that were capable of blowing people away, hitting their body made them barely feel the reality of the situation.

The situation was like the sun falling onto the ground.

“Hu…explosion magic is indeed wonderful!”

In the air, Sato Hikaru, who was appreciating the “beautiful scene", released a comfortable sigh.

Even more so, as after Sato Hikaru had used this level of magic, he also needed some time to recover.

Other than recovering his magic power, he also needed to calm down the magic power flowing in his body.

Of course, at the same time, Sato Hikaru also needed to calm down his heart that had been beating fast due to the excitement.

“This feeling of fast surging magic power in the power being released in one go is very comfortable, also the resulting destruction power and oppression…”

Holding onto his excitedly beating heart, Sato Hikaru noticed that not only was he not able to calm down, instead, he became even more excited.

“Damn, if this continues, I will become addicted to it like Megumin.”

Although this was already the second time Sato Hikaru released a full powered explosive magic, compared to when the target was only the forest and empty ground, this time round, he used the magic on such a huge creature, and the feeling was completely different.

“No wonder when, in the original work, Megumin was in the Dullahan’s castle, she still could not bear not to release explosion magic daily. This feels even better than having [beep beep].”

Just when Sato Hikaru’s brain was gradually transforming into a head full of explosion magic, his gaze was suddenly attracted by something strange at the smoke below.

There was an area where the surging smoke was very unnatural, looking like something big was moving within the smoke cloud.

“It can’t be?”

Thinking of a certain possibility, Sato Hikaru could no longer enjoy the feeling of releasing the explosion magic anymore.

Driving the slightly recovered magic power in his body, he raised his staff and pointed it at the smoke cloud below: “hurricane!”

Frenzy wind blew out from his magic circle, and blew away the smoke cloud below and revealed the scene hidden by the smoke.

Sato Hikaru’s gaze quickly moved downwards and quickly observed the situation.

“It’s actually still alive!?”

6