Chapter 67: Resting and Bounty
63 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Although the process was a bit torturous.

However, the task to subjugate the multi-headed water snake had finally been defeated by Sato Hikaru’s little team after squeezing out its three mages..

Oh right, there was also the thief that was almost roasted by friendly-fire.

Compared to the squeezed-out mages and the almost victimized by friendly-fire thief, the one that should be the most heavily injured should be the main tank, that was blocking in front, and the one whose energy consumption was the highest should be the healer, that was continuously treating the team members.

However, these two people were alive and kicking.

“That’s why I said this is too exaggerated.”

Sato Hikaru, who was sitting in the small temporary house created using earth wall while waiting for a meal, looked at the busy Aqua and Darkness, and said very sourly: “Never mind Aqua, but why is Darkness still full of spirit!”

While speaking Sato Hikaru also looked to the side, towards the armor that Darkness had taken off and placed against the wall.

“The armor is obviously full of dents and is corroded in many places.”

“Do you still need to talk about it? Obviously, it is because this goddess had healed her!”

Before Darkness could reply, Aqua, who was adding sauce to the dinner at the side, had jumped out triumphantly: “So, for this task’s bounty, I should get the biggest share!”

“Do you know how much is the bounty for this? Immediately saying you want the biggest share. Additionally, for this subjugation, everyone had given a lot of effort, so the bounty would be divided equally.”

Rolling his eyes, Sato Hikaru pointed towards the lake and said: “If you want to earn more, then go and purify that lake.”

“No way, it’s very tiring to purify such a big lake, also, the bounty for purifying the lake is not much.”

Curling her lips, Aqua looked at Sato Hikaru with a face that said ‘do you think that I am an idiot’: “Although I do not know the bounty for that big snake, but since it is so big, the bounty should have around several tens of millions, right?”

“Oh? Are you trying to say that you do not want to divide equally?”

Raising his eyebrows, Sato Hikaru looked at Aqua with a smirk and said: “Then how much do you want, just tell me the number. If it is not too much, I’ll make the decision and agree to it.”

“Uh…”

Completely unaware of Sato Hikaru’s bad intention, Aqua started to calculate with her little brain.

“Previously, the bounty for subjugating a griffon was only 500,000 eris, since the multi-headed water snake was stronger than the griffon, then why don’t add one, no, two more zero? 500,000 eris with an additional two zero should be 50 million eris?”

Blinking her eyes, Aqua pointed and counted the number of team members: “Including Darkness and Chris, our team has 6 people, uh…”

Sato Hikaru smiled as he looked at Aqua, who was in distress, with no intention of disturbing her at all.

“Darkness.”

After blinking his eyes at Darkness, hinting at her not to remind Aqua, Sato Hikaru casually gave her a reason to leave; “Why don’t you go and check whether Chris is done cleaning, it’s about time for meal.”

Darkness was originally still slightly confused.

But when she looked up and saw that Aqua was already calculating how much it would be if it was divided equally, and how much she could take to not be considered ‘too much’ by Sato Hikaru.

“Er…okay, then I will go and take a look, Chris has indeed taken quite a long time.”

Seeing this, Darkness smiled wryly and immediately moved away, towards the small temporary bathhouse.

That bathhouse was where everyone, who was exhausted both physically and mentally, decided to spend the night resting before returning to Axel tomorrow morning.

It was built under the supervision of Chris ‘the victim’ and done using magic by Sato Hikaru ‘the culprit’.

Not only the bathhouse, even the water in the bathhouse was summoned by Sato Hikaru using magic.

If it wasn’t because their gender was incompatible, Sato Hikaru even suspected that he might be asked by Chris to help her bathe.

But thinking of the reason why Chriss was so pitiful was indeed because of his fire, he just followed her wish.

It was her right to take it out on him.

“It’s just a pity that Chris’ handsome shoulder-length hair was almost reduced to an inch by the fire, right?”

Imagining in his head the look of a certain luck goddess with an inch long hair, Sato Hikaru could not help but feel a little guilty.

“I’ve decided, if Aqua makes something stupid again, then just give her share of the bounty to Chris, consider it a reparation.”

“What reparation?”

In the room behind him, Megumin, who had recovered her mobility after a short nap, walked out while rubbing her eyes, and looked strangely at Sato Hikaru: “Was it because we have worked so hard that you wanted to give your share to everyone?”

“Heh.”

Glancing slightly at Megumin, Sato Hikaru disgustedly said: “Are you, a waste of a mage who drops immediately after releasing one explosion magic, worthy of the word ‘hard work’?”

“You! Who are you calling a waste of a mage!!”

“I’ve decided!”

When the short tempered Megumin heard the words, she was so angry that she was about to pounce on him, but at the other side, Aqua who had just finished ‘calculating’ was faster by one step and reached in front of Sato Hikaru.

“For the bounty this time, give me…”

5