Chapter 69: Actual Amount
78 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I choose equal distribution!”

As a child from a poor family, Megumin did want to take any risk regarding such a huge bounty, and immediately chose an option where she would definitely get the money, which was also the safest way.

“Quickly tell me, how much it actually is!”

“Er…so excited, for the actual amount, I am also not sure.”

Holding onto Megumin’s hand that was so excited that she held his shoulder, Sato helplessly admitted defeat.

“When I went to ask Ms. Luna that day, she only said that if we successfully defeat the multi-headed water snake and make it retreat to the lake, the kingdom will give a portion of the funds needed to dispatch the knight corps as a bounty.”

“How much is that?”

Shrugging his shoulder, Sato Hikaru mentioned an amount that immediately crashed Megumin’s brain.

“Not much, around 200 million eris.”

“Tw,tw, two hundred million!!!”

“Why are you so surprised by that amount? That was the bounty if we made it retreat back to the lake and continued to hibernate.”

Shaking his head, Sato Hikaru was like seeing a pitiful child, to be surprised by just this amount, and continued with a relaxed tone: “if we can successfully subjugate it, just the bounty itself is 600 million.”

“Si, six…”

Holding onto her little heart, Megumin only felt that she was breathless.

For Megumin, this amount was too much of a stimulation.

“Not only that.”

Then, Sato Hikaru, like a devil, did not care whether the pitiful Megumin could withstand it, and continued to speak in a low voice.

“According to Ms. Luna, the land and water around this area could not be used due to the multi-headed water snake; if it is successfully subjugated, the area around here can now be used. There is even a high probability for it to be extremely fertile due to the poisonous substance and magic power. Calculating everything there should be another few hundreds of millions of eris as a bonus.”

“Uh…I must be dreaming!”

Hearing there were an additional few hundreds of millions, Megumin dazedly said these words, both eyes rolled back and fainted.

Luckily, their distance was not so far, Sato Hikaru’s response was quick as he quickly held Megumin in his embrace, to prevent her from being injured due to fainting.

“She actually fainted. This is truly…”

Seeing Megumin fainted with a blissful smile.

Sato Hikaru curled his mouth, he originally wanted to say ‘What about it?’, but when he thought back, not to mention his previous life, even the him before he transmigrated was suddenly told by someone, that he had an additional saving of several hundreds of millions, his first reaction would be that it was definitely fake.

But in the end, even if he did not act like Megumin, who immediately fainted, at least, he would still be confused for quite a while.

“This is the charm of money.”

“Megumin, Mr. Sato?”

At this moment, Yunyun, who was also taking a nap due to magic consumption, walked out from the house.

Yunyun, who had just woken up, saw Megumin’s face buried in Sato Hikaru’s chest (Yunyun’s perspective), her whole person was inside Sato Hikaru’s embrace, close as lovers.

After seeing such a scene, Yunyun’s mind buzzed, so surprised that she was dazed, and stabilized herself with difficulty by holding onto the wall.

With a face full of disbelief looked at Sato Hikaru and Megumin; “Wh, what are you two doing!”

“En?”

When faced with Yunyun’s misunderstanding, Sato Hikaru was no longer nervous after his enlightenment last night.

He did not rush to explain, instead he purposefully lightly pressed Megumin’s head towards his chest, making a gesture as if to prevent Megumin from looking back due to shame.

“Have you not seen it? Do I still need to spell it out for you?”

“Y, you and Megumin…both of you…”

Seeing that Sato Hikaru did not explain, and seemed to acquiesce.

Yunyun was so surprised that her legs felt weak, and immediately slid down directly against the door frame and sat on the ground: “You…when did you two have this kind of relationship?”

When Sato Hikaru saw that Yunyun’s reaction was so big, he smiled evilly and wanted to add more.

“Wrong!”

Yunyun, who was sitting on the floor, suddenly changed her expression, and very angrily looked at Sato Hikaru: “You lied to me last night! That was not a joke at all, you really did something to Megumin!?”

“Ha!? What kind of idiotic words are you saying again!”

Sato Hikaru’s face turned black when he heard her, and no longer had the idea of making a joke.

“Megumin just heard something that made her so excited and fainted, I just held her to prevent her from getting hurt!”

While speaking, Sato Hikaru used his hand to turn Megumin’s head, and let Yunyun clearly see Megumin’s current condition.

“Eh? Wait a minute…”

When Yunyun, who had started to believe Sato Hikaru’s explanation, saw Megumin’s blissful face, she immediately held her mouth in surprise: “I was the one that misunderstood Mr. Sato, so both you and Megumin are in love, and were not forced?”

“…This brain of yours, is truly hopeless.”

After speechlessly holding his forehead, Sato Hikaru finally gave up explaining, and raised his free hand to invite her: “Then just take it that way, do you want to join?”

5