Chapter 72: Celebration and the promised BBQ
74 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“For our victory, toast!”

“Ohhh!”

Late at night by the lake, Sato Hikaru and his team members constructed a barbecue pit, in order to celebrate today’s victory.

“Today before we battled, I promised everyone that we would have a BBQ after the battle, now everyone, please eat and drink!”

“Ouuu!”

Seeing his high-spirited team members, Sato Hikaru also took out two soda alcohol from the system space.

Alcoholic drinks, food, bedding, newly cleaned clothes, etc.

Sato Hikaru had prepared quite a lot in his system space.

After Sato Hikaru retrieved the bounty for the griffon, it was to prepare for the possibility of needing to stay in the wilderness.

Just nice that today, the preparation was used.

However, tonight’s main dish was not the ordinary ingredients that he had prepared.

“Aqua, has the meat been processed?”

“Uh…there seems to be a bit more.”

Towards the multi-headed water snake that had been carefully cut out, Aqua felt that there might still be some poisonous substance in it, so she raised her hand and casted purification magic: “divine purification!”

“Is that thing so troublesome to deal with?”

Seeing Aqua dawdling over there, Sato Hikaru immediately cut off a section that had not been purified, and threw the probably poisonous snake meat to Darkness and said: “Darkness, do you want to try to eat one?”

“Guh…to actually want me to taste poison, haa…haa…I, I understand! I will try.”

“Wait a minute, don’t actually eat it!”

Seeing Darkness really going to eat that piece of meat, Chris urgently held down her hands: “If you eat this thing, you will die, even if you are not an exception!”

“Actually, that's not necessarily true.”

Megumin, who was by the side and was looking at the multi-headed snake, this food ingredient that was full of nutrition and experience value, and had been waiting for a long time and yet still unable to eat it, immediately jumped out.

“If you refer to poisonous snakes, the poison is usually located in the poison sac, and there is no poison on the meat.”

“Oh! Worthy of being a member of the crimson demon clan, truly a professor.”

Showing a thumbs up at Megumin, Sato Hikaru persuaded Darkness: “However, Chris is also right, you should not actually eat it raw, it’s better to place it on the barbeque rack, then try it once it is cooked.”

“That's my point!”

Chris crazily looked at Sato Hikaru and Megumin, and Darkness, who was by the side, immediately took this opportunity and placed the piece of meat into her mouth.

“Um, how chewy, a bit fishy but still acceptable, it’s also rather sweet.”

“Don’t eat it raw!”

Chris, who did not think that Darkness would actually try it, urgently pushed Darkness, and put her hand into Darkness mouth: “Quickly spit it out!”

“Uh, I have swallowed it.”

Holding Chris’ hands that were moving towards her throat, Darkness recalled the taste and said: “It actually tasted quite good, and there does not seem to be anything wrong with it, it should be correct…”

Speaking halfway, Darkness suddenly pressed down on her stomach.

“Ahh! Aqua, quickly come here, it seems that Darkness is poisoned!”

Seeing the messy Aqua and the rest, Sato Hikaru moved to Megumin’s side and said softly: “Teacher Megu, didn’t you say that snake meat does not have poison? What’s with the situation?”

“Uh…well, that was written in the book that I read.”

“Eh?”

Sato Hikaru was stunned when she heard that and looked at Megumin: “Are you actually able to read books other than the one with explosion magic?”

“Don’t speak like I was someone from an explosion planet whose brain was only filled with explosion magic!”

“Isn’t that the case?”

“You, you are looking for a fight, right!”

“Calm, calm down, Megumin!”

Seeing that Sato Hikaru and Megumin was about to fight again, Yunyun, who was by the side, quickly held Megumin back, preventing her from pouncing…

“Furthermore, the matter about snake poison not located in its meat was also something I have read in books, Megumin is not wrong.”

“Oh? Then it means there is something wrong with the teaching material of your crimson demon clan.”

Holding his chin, Sato Hikaru showed a worried-looking expression: “No wonder they could train a mage who only knows one type of magic, the next generation of crimson demon clan is truly worrying.”

“Aaaahhhh! You, fight, let’s fight!”

“Megumin, calm down! Mr. Sato, you as well. Crimson demon clan’s teaching material has no problem!”

“Well…”

Seeing the honest Yunyun had started to get upset, Sato Hikaru quickly raised his hand in surrender and said: “Alright, that’s my fault, I should not have gone overboard.”

“Hmph, an adventurer like you who is not even a mage, naturally you would not know how many books that need to be read before becoming an Archmage!”

Looking at Yunyun’s face, Megumin coldly snorted and did not continue to entangle with Sato Hikaru.

Yunyun, who saw this, also breathed a sigh of relief, and then spoke unsurely: “As for that snake meat, it is probably because the multi-headed water snake lives inside the poisonous lake, so it was contaminated with some poison?”

“Oh?”

Raising his eyebrows, Sato Hikaru nodded understandingly: “Understood, it has been marinated, right?”

7