Ch149- End of Exams
397 1 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

discord.gg/q5KWmtQARF

Join my Discord!


As Harry lay on his back, floating with a sense of newfound freedom, he gazed up at the clear blue sky, allowing the calm waters of the lake to support him. The serene moment, however, was abruptly interrupted by two distinct giggles. Startled, Harry inadvertently shifted his posture to look up, but the sudden shift in his posture sent him plunging into the cooler depths of the lake. Resurfacing with a splash, he was greeted by the sight of Tracey Davis and Daphne Greengrass standing at the water's edge, their laughter echoing off the water.

"To think THE Harry Potter is not great at something," Tracey teased, her eyes sparkling with mirth.

Harry chuckled, wiping water from his face. "Well, this is actually my first time trying," he admitted, his tone light.

Daphne, with a nod of approval, added, "Not bad for your first attempt. Given your knack for picking things up quickly, it's almost expected."

Their light-hearted banter was soon joined by the arrival of more friends. Neville, Hermione, Susan, Hannah, and the Patil sisters, along with Lavender, gathered around, their expressions ranging from incredulous to amused as they watched Harry's aquatic endeavors.

Hermione, always the voice of encouragement, said, "You're doing wonderfully, Harry. It's all about practice."

"Yeah, Harry, just keep at it. You'll be out-swimming the Giant Squid in no time," Neville added with a laugh.

Susan chimed in, "I'd pay to see that race. Though, I'd bet on you, Harry."

The group's laughter and playful teasing filled the air, turning an ordinary afternoon into a memorable one. Harry ventured deeper into the water, determined to improve his swimming skills before the eyes of his friends.

As he did, Daphne called out, "Just remember, Harry, no summoning charms to cheat your way through!"

Harry responded with a playful splash in their direction, "Wouldn't dream of it. I'm all about the 'authentic experience' today."

Walking back to shore, Harry's physical transformation over the past year became apparent. The once malnourished boy had dedicated himself to regular workouts, and it showed. The rigorous training and magical nutrition had sculpted his body, revealing a surprisingly toned physique. He caught the fleeting glances of some of his female friends. Their eyes darted away just as quickly, a soft blush coloring their cheeks. Neville, witnessing Harry's evident strength, felt a stir of motivation within him. He had always been self-conscious about his own build, and seeing Harry's progress made him resolve to ask for help in getting fit over the summer.

After magically drying himself and reverting his swimwear back to his usual attire, Harry joined his friends on the bank, his curiosity about the exam bubbling to the surface. "So, how was the potion exam for everyone?" he inquired, settling down amongst them.

The responses varied, but the general consensus was one of relief that it was over. Hermione, ever the perfectionist, expressed satisfaction with her performance, confident she had answered every question correctly. Neville, however, confessed to a few moments of panic, particularly with the practical part of the exam. "I almost added the wrong ingredient at one point," he admitted with a sheepish grin. "But I remembered your advice, Harry, about double-checking before adding anything."

Daphne and Tracey shared a look before confessing they had tried to challenge themselves with more complex potions, aiming to impress. "The real test was not to overreach, but I think we managed just fine," Daphne noted, her tone carrying a hint of pride.

Susan and Hannah, sitting side by side, recounted their teamwork during the study sessions, which they felt had paid off. "Knowing you're not alone in the madness of exams really helps," Susan remarked, earning nods of agreement from around the group.

The Patil twins and Lavender laughed as they recalled their last-minute revisions. "We practically lived in the library these past few weeks," Parvati said, "I'm pretty sure I've dreamt about potion ingredients more than once."

Neville rolled his eyes with an exaggerated groan, “Dreams? More like relentless nightmares.” This prompted a chorus of giggles from the group, highlighting the shared sentiment about the stress of exams.

Harry, shaking his head with a smile at the camaraderie around him, shifted the topic to the day's remaining challenges. “So, we’ve got Transfiguration practical and Astronomy written this afternoon. Anyone feeling the need for a last-minute cram session?” His eyes swept over his friends, assessing their levels of confidence or, in some cases, quiet panic.

Daphne raised an eyebrow. “I believe a brief review wouldn’t hurt. Transfiguration, in particular, demands precision.”

Hermione, who had been sorting her notes, looked up, her determination clear. “I’ve made some summary sheets for both. We could go over them together if you like.”

The offer was met with enthusiastic nods. Neville, looking slightly relieved at the prospect of additional preparation, admitted, “Transfiguration’s always been a bit tricky for me. I’d appreciate the help.”

Harry nodded in agreement, “Let’s find a quiet spot outside. A bit of fresh air might do us good.”

As the group began to gather their belongings, Nigel’s voice piped up, tinged with amusement. “Ah, the great outdoors as a classroom. How... pastoral of you, Master Harry. Just don’t let any real sheep into the study group, alright?”

Settled under the shade of a large oak tree, the group spread out their scrolls and textbooks, the peaceful surroundings a stark contrast to the intense focus of their study session. Hermione took the lead, her organizational skills shining as she distributed her neatly handwritten summary sheets.

Harry took on a supportive role during their study session, offering his insights whenever his friends needed clarification or advice. The exams came and went, with Harry easily acing each one. The final test, History of Magic, was upon them when Harry learned something troubling: Dumbledore had been summoned by the Ministry of Magic.

"I was hoping Dumbledore could protect the stone, but it seems I might need to step in," Harry remarked with a sense of reluctance. He wasn't keen on getting involved; his preference was for Dumbledore to handle the matter. Harry wasn't driven by a sense of duty or heroism; he simply wanted to avoid any future complications that might arise from Voldemort's potential return to power. "Indeed, Master Harry. It looks like you'll have to act," Nigel responded, acknowledging the inevitable.

As the History of Magic exam paper appeared in front of him, Harry formulated a plan. "Scan the paper and project the answers virtually onto the blanks. I'll wrap this up quickly and head to the third floor," he instructed Nigel. Blue virtual letters promptly filled the page, allowing Harry to finish the exam in record time.

With the paper completed, Harry made his way swiftly toward the third-floor corridor. As he navigated the castle's hallways.

Before Harry reached for the doorknob to the forbidden third-floor corridor, he paused, his instincts urging caution. "Nigel, let's not rush into this blindly. Bring up the Magical Compass," Harry whispered, his voice barely a breath in the silence of the corridor. With a flick of his hand and a mental command, a delicate, ornate compass appeared in his hand, its needle spinning wildly before settling.

The compass, a sophisticated magical instrument capable of detecting not just magnetic north but the sources and concentrations of magical energy, began to glow softly. Its face was etched with runes that shimmered in the dim light, each representing a different aspect of magical detection. Harry watched intently as the needle pointed towards the door, indicating a strong source of magic beyond it.

"Check for wards, especially any that might alert Dumbledore or anyone else to my presence," Harry instructed, his gaze fixed on the compass. Nigel, accessing the detailed functionalities of the compass, initiated a scan for magical defenses. The compass's runes glowed brighter, casting a net of magical detection that seeped through the door and into the room beyond.

--

Please rate and review! Much appreciated! Leave a comment, tell me what you think!


To Read up to 50 advance Chapters (25 for each novel) and suppot me...

patreon.com/thefanficgod1

Please drop a comment and like the chapter!

28