Ch155- The New Serpent of the Crown
365 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

discord.gg/q5KWmtQARF

Join my Discord!


As Harry stood, waiting with bated breath, the room around him seemed to pulse with ancient, unseen energy. The Slytherins' eyes were fixed on him, their expressions a blend of curiosity, skepticism, and in a few cases, awe. Harry knew that this moment could very well define his future at Hogwarts. If the room accepted him, he would become the Serpent of the Crown, a title that would grant him unparalleled respect and authority within Slytherin House for the next six years. However, if his plan failed, the coming year would be fraught with challenges, perhaps more daunting than any he had faced thus far.

The air in the common room thickened, a tangible sign that the ancient magics were stirring. The dimming lights added a dramatic flair, casting long shadows that seemed to dance along the walls. The older students, who had witnessed this ceremony before, exchanged glances of surprise and anticipation. Harry, standing in the center of it all, felt a thrum of power coursing through the room, touching every corner, every shadow, before converging upon him.

"What is the meaning of this?" demanded a sixth-year Slytherin, his voice cutting through the charged silence. Harry, however, chose not to respond, his focus unyielding as he stood amidst the swirling magic.

The magic enveloping him felt alive, as if it were examining him, probing the depths of his ambition, his cunning, and his determination. It was a sensation unlike any he had felt before, both exhilarating and intimidating. The room seemed to churn with a purpose, its ancient magic evaluating the young wizard before it.

Suddenly, the light shifted, concentrating around Harry in a spectacle of luminous energy. It was as though the very essence of Slytherin House was acknowledging him, wrapping him in its legacy. The students watched in amazement as the magic swirled around Harry, enhancing his presence, making him appear both formidable and regal.

As the magical currents intensified, Harry could feel his own magic responding, growing stronger, more attuned to the will of the room. It was as though the ancient enchantments were imbuing him with a portion of their power, recognizing him as the new Serpent of the Crown.

As Selena stepped aside, a magical transformation occurred that left the entire Slytherin common room in awe. The badge she once wore, signifying her as the Serpent of the Crown, vanished from her robe and reappeared on Harry's. The emblem, a serpent entwined around a crown, now gleamed on Harry's chest, a symbol of his new status. This change, silent yet profound, spoke volumes. The older students, some of whom had harbored aspirations for the title themselves, now faced a reality they hadn't anticipated: Harry, a mere first-year soon to be second-year, was their new Serpent of the Crown.

"Impossible," murmured a sixth-year, his voice tinged with disbelief. Yet, the rules of Slytherin House were clear and unyielding. As members of this ancient house, they were bound to recognize and respect the authority of the Serpent of the Crown, regardless of their personal feelings. Harry, despite his youth, had outmaneuvered them all.

Selena, her smile both proud and gracious, turned to Harry. "This is the peak of cunningness, I must admit. Congratulations, Harry."

With a light chuckle, Harry replied, "Thank you, Selena." His eyes sparkled with a mix of gratitude and mischief, aware of the shock his strategy had caused even among his closest friends.

Tracey and Daphne, standing nearby, wore expressions of amazement mingled with a hint of annoyance. They were among Harry's closest companions, yet he had managed to keep them in the dark about his daring plan. While they felt a slight sting at being out of the loop, their annoyance was tempered by understanding. They knew Harry was driven by ambition, and seizing the title of Serpent of the Crown was an opportunity he couldn't pass up.

Malfoy, on the other hand, was visibly irked. Despite his vexation, he couldn't help but admire the depth of Harry's cunning. It was a maneuver that demanded respect, even from someone as prideful as Draco Malfoy.

Nott simply shrugged, an unspoken acknowledgment of Harry's feat, while Zabini's gaze remained fixed on Harry, perhaps contemplating the implications of this unforeseen turn of events.

The older students, particularly those who had considered themselves contenders for the title, were now caught in a tumult of emotions ranging from loss to anger. The opportunity they had awaited had been snatched away by a first-year, an underdog who had quietly ascended to the pinnacle of Slytherin hierarchy.

As the initial shock faded, whispers and murmurs filled the common room. Students exchanged looks, some of disbelief, others of newfound respect. Harry's accomplishment was not just a personal victory but a statement about the unpredictable nature of power and ambition within Slytherin House.

"Master Harry, I must say, your knack for stirring the pot is unparalleled," Nigel remarked, his voice laced with amusement. "A masterstroke, if I may add. You've turned the tables in such a fashion that even Machiavelli would take notes."

Harry, his smile broadening at Nigel's words, replied, "Well, I couldn't have done it without a bit of magical ingenuity, could I? It's all about playing the game by the rules, but with a twist."

"Indeed," Nigel agreed, his tone playful. "And what a twist it was. You've just rewritten the playbook for future generations of Slytherins. They'll be studying your maneuver for years to come, trying to decipher just how you managed to claim the crown without so much as a duel."

"It's all about understanding the system and then, well, bending it to your will," Harry mused, his eyes twinkling with the thrill of his achievement.

"Speaking of bending, I daresay you've bent not just the rules, but the very perception of what's possible within these hallowed halls," Nigel quipped. "But do tell, Master Harry, now that you've ascended to such heights, what's next on your grand agenda?"

Harry paused, considering Nigel's question. "For now, I think I'll enjoy the victory. But come next term, there's much to be done. With this title comes responsibility, and I intend to use it to make some positive changes around here."

"A noble endeavor indeed," Nigel responded, his tone now carrying a hint of respect. "Just remember, with great power comes... well, you know the rest. The eyes of Slytherin, both friend and foe, will be upon you."

Harry nodded, fully aware of the weight of his new role. "I'll keep that in mind. But for now, let's just say that Slytherin House might be in for a few surprises."

Selena then called the students to gather, her voice echoing through the Slytherin Common Room with an authority that had always seemed backed by an invisible, magical bond connecting her to every member of Slytherin. However, as she spoke, she sensed a shift; the magical reign she had wielded over them for three years felt as if it had slipped through her fingers like sand. "Let's go to the Great Hall for the end-of-year feast," she announced, trying to maintain her composure despite the internal turmoil.

The students, though no longer bound by the same magical obligation to her command, respected Selena enough to nod in agreement. Yet, their eyes shifted to Harry, seeking his nod of approval. Harry, understanding the unspoken question in their gaze, gave a slight nod, affirming Selena's call to the feast. This subtle exchange marked the transfer of allegiance, a moment that solidified Harry's new position not just in title but in the hearts and minds of his housemates.

--

Please rate and review! Much appreciated! Leave a comment, tell me what you think!


To Read up to 50 advance Chapters (25 for each novel) and suppot me...

patreon.com/thefanficgod1

Please drop a comment and like the chapter!

25