Prologue. Upon A Falling Star
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The year 2438, and the whole world changed. No, thought it would change. Cassandra could still remember seeing it from the plains of Sector-8A, the only location in the slums where one could see the clear sky, free from the flying cars blotting the sky and domineering corporate towers of glass and anguish.

That night, she saw a comet, trailing across the dark night sky. The dark night sky, that had lost its starlight and turned pitch-black from all the blinding lights from their buildings and towers. That night, its tainted darkness seemingly lit up in a thousand colors as the comet trailed by in a dazzling spectacle. She was sure that out of all the slum-dwellers, only she had caught it. After all, not many often came to Sector-8A. The clear view of the sky aside, it was a barren region filled to the brim with garbage, with no proper shelter whatsoever.

Cassandra could still remember herself, sitting on top of a particularly large pile of trash, raising her hands to the comet as if to grasp it. To unknowingly pray, though she didn't know of any gods or religion. Pray and wish, she could escape from this place. The unfair world she was born with, and if even that wasn't allowed, to be given a chance to fight back.

She remembered the mysterious voice echoing in her mind as she thought so.

-S–bzzz, Sy-, bz

She unknowingly held her breath.

System online. Welcome, Cassandra.

0