The Ruin 4
89 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 "What happened?" I asked urgently.

"Something happened. It was a blunder on my part." Aliya spoke, clutching her chest her voice containing remorse.

I glance at her but I look at Eula. Eula is still calm and unconcerned about the situation. I admire her unfazed will.

"It was just a small blunder, It was my mistake as a leader." Eula shakes her head.

*Shook*

A Mitachurl rushed with an axe attacking the elemental shield. If not for the shield, Eula's group would be in a dire state. Aliya is a supporting role, she is proficient in barrier and tracking skills.

The barrier shook every time an attack landed but it never dissipated. What a strong barrier, I look at the other two members of Eula's party extending their hands forward on a floating device in front of Aliya, sending elemental particles toward it.

I can guess what that device is. Aliya and two members were sweating buckets. Are they reaching their limit?

Actually, Vision holders do not have any energy inside them to use the power of the element. The world is abundant in it, Vision holders borrow the energy of the world to manifest elemental powers. In other words, as long there an elemental particles everywhere you can use elemental powers infinitely.

However, it doesn't mean one can become overpowered just because of that. That's why there is a concept of level.

The stronger you are, the more you can manifest your vision longer and stronger.

Aliya and the other two have exhausted their mental capacity to manipulate the elemental particles.

"What's the plan? Are we going to back out?" I asked.

"No, we can't. If this plan does not succeed the city will be doomed." Lisa shook her head, approached Aliya, and gave them potions for the mind. She took over their position, sending elemental particles on the device.

Amber also did the same.

"We haven't completed the objective."

"I see." I nod. I really want to escape here with the others quickly but that would also mean the plan has failed.

"Looking at the situation. Can we even defeat this number?" Paimon pointed at the enemies.

"With only us? Barely... However, their condition is not optimistic." Eula glances at the two members sitting on the floor drinking the potion.

"Then what should we do?" Paimon asks anxiously. "Should we complete the objective?"

"We will not force you, you can escape. But for us, this is our mission that we will complete until the end. No matter the result. However, you are outsiders you can back away whenever you want."

"..Uh you put Paimon on the spot." Paimon looking troubled cannot make a decision. She turns her head to Lumine. "Lumine, you decide."

"I want to run away," Lumine said. But she looked at me. "But, I won't."

"..."

She's so reliable. I can't thank her enough. I should think of a way to repay her. Maybe I'll do anything she wants?

"I also have a plan." Lumine took out a portable waypoint piece. "This thing has two uses. One, I can simply teleport to anywhere this thing is. Two, placing this on the ground will manifest into a temporary fixed waypoint for seven days."

"Oh, it has the same effect," I muttered.

"Give me your hand," Lumine said to me. I present her my hand. "Here."

She then turns her head to Lisa. "Ms.Lisa, can I trouble you if the other team is done?"

"Don't bother her, I'll do it," Eula interjected. She took out the device and activated it. "Noelle's team is done and also the other team as well."

Hmm, the device has the same structure as Lisa's but the activation is different. When Lisa activated it, it looked more purple and holographic. But in Eula's case, it was solid white ice.

I discovered something new.

"Why are you inquiring?" Eula asked Lumine.

"Nothing, I'll be right back."

Without explaining further, Lumine disappeared in the blink of an eye. Oh, so that's how waypoint works. Paimon also disappeared, Maybe it's because the two are linked together?

It's still a mystery.

"I see, that's how it is." Eula stared at the place where Lumine disappeared. Even if Lumine did not say anything about how her mind works, she could deduce it easily.

I also know what Lumine is thinking. It was simple really.

Lumine planned to fetch the others, so we could deal with this situation without struggling a bit more.

I'm surprised that Lumine is using her brain. Hey, I'm not saying she's dumb okay? Usually, protagonist don't use whatever they have in their arsenal.

I'm glad she is clever.

I approached the device to help strengthen the barrier. But Lisa stopped me.

"Ronan, conserve your energy."

"Oh, Okay... Is there a way we can send an attack?"

"You can. The barrier only stops attack from outside not from inside. We've been doing that earlier. It's just the enemy is so many." Aliya answered me.

"Oh, Nice."

Isn't this a good time to practice my elemental skills? I've been thinking of many skills lately not only for claymore skills.

I pointed my hand toward the enemy randomly. Enemies are sorrounding us, so it doesn't matter where I point.

Closing my eyes, as I try to feel the elemental particles. I can now feel, Hydro, Pyro, Cryo, Cryo and somehow Electro.

Gathering Hydro particles over my palm. It condense into water ball, it was just a glob of water. But I'm not done, I order the water glob to spin. It became a spinning water ball, it's gathering even more Hydro Particles.

The sight was to behold.

From the size of golf ball to a basket ball. I suddenly open my eyes and shot the water ball like a bullet toward the Mitachurl who was raising its axe to attack the barrier.

"Ur?" The Mitachurl exclaimed in surprise but it was too late. "Buguu!"

It's chest has a gaping hole, it looked down to its chest but it was already disintegrating.

Furthermore, the water ball did not stop. It killed more enemies behind.

"Hmm, stronger than I thought."

Eula approached. "Good work."

"Yeah, I was testing something. It was better than I expected."

"Don't overwork yourself."

"I'm going to say it to you."

"It's my job."

"You're stubborn."

"Then you better protect me. I'm just a helpless girl."

"When did you learn to joke around? And do you even need help?"

Rolling my eyes. I don't believe she needs my help at all. Why am I needlessly worry about her then?

Isn't normal to worry about the well-being of your love one?

Eula chuckled as she extend her hand like mine. She shoots ice spikes outside. The ice spikes penetrated the enemies one by one.

The two of us send a volley of elemental projectiles. While 5 people regulate in interval to maintain the shield.

I got hooked shooting, waterball, fireball, Ice spike, Wind cutter and Lightning snakes.

I already explained the waterball. Fireball, well  you can imagine that is. Ice spike, just like Eula. She explained to me how to use it. As for Wind Cutter; it's jus a blade made of wind. And lastly the Lightning snakes, it's not a form of a snake but just chain skill, once hit by it the nearby enemy will also be zapped together.

I was even able to kill an abyss mage. The enemy looked frustrated, well they cannot touch us.

8