Abyss Lector
130 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Have you ever seen a bear in real life? A hungry ferocious bear? I did not encounter this in my past life but this is a better explanation than I could say.

Fear creeps out onto me. My hair was standing giving me chills. My throat was dry and no words could come out.

I glanced at my teammates, I saw them frozen like me.

This time we encountered a monster. My instincts that were flaring earlier became even more intense. Alarm bells kept ringing in my ears.

"Huh? Why are you all silent? Did you get scared? Kekeke!"

Arrogance! I can feel its deep arrogance with that tone. It was looking down on us.

"A-A-Ascended!" A fearful voice exclaimed as he pointed.

Ascended? Huh! You mean this guy is over 100!

Fuck! We're doomed!

"Oh, It seems you can sense it! You're correct, however, how unfortunate there is no prize."

Everyone was tense. Of course, how could they not? The things in front of them cannot be underestimated.

"Ronan, this one is strong!" Eula whispered.

"I feel it... My skin is very chilly. I feel fear creeping into me. This guy is something I can't deal with."

"Ascended, Except for Grandmaster Varka and the other Ex-Captains, this is the second time I've seen one," Amber whispered.

"It's strong but we have numbers," I said. It may be strong enough to make us fear it but we have numbers. Also, our group consists of Vision Holders.

Also, after we dealt with hundreds of enemies back there everyone should have leveled up quite a bit.

"I see fear in your eyes and yet you are all eager to fight. I admire your tenacity to be able to face my level. You can put your weapons down... I have no intentions to fight. Today the Abyss Order lost. The loser is a bandit while the winner is the King. We will retreat... I'm an Abyss Lector, pleased to meet you Mondstadt Heroes, and goodbye, we shall meet again someday."

Just when we are preparing ourselves for the worst. It bowed nobly as a portal appeared behind it. This thing doesn't walk, it floats so it floats to the portal before disappearing.

"What was that?"

"That was nervewracking, I thought I was gonna die."

"The Abyss Order is terrifying!"

Other members voiced their inner thoughts after the Abyss Lector disappeared. They were able to breathe.

"It appears the Abyss Order is not something that can be underestimated. To the extent they have an Ascended." Eula cupped her chin and voiced her opinion.

"Ascended. The people who broke through the level of mortality. Soon, we can reach that level." Lisa took out a card that resembled my Adventurer card.

"Oh, what level are you now?" Amber asked excitedly.

"95."

"What! That much? Amazing. I'm only at 72!"

"Not at all, Despite having a high level, I could still feel fear when facing an opponent like that. But Amber, you level up fast? Or more we level up fast?"

Confused, Lisa tilted her head. She subconsciously looks at me, as if trying to ask me if I know. I just shrugged.

Lisa is smart, she knows I know but she did not pursue the matter. No, she will pursue it but not in this place. A woman like her who is filled with curiosity about the unknown will not give up easily.

"Now that you say that we did level up too fast! However, isn't that amazing?"

"Indeed." Eula nodded.

Paimon and Lumine were silent. The two were sweating when they heard that. Lumine grabs Paimon by the scruff, she knows this little mascot could not help with her mouth.

Shaking my head. I'm quite envious, they all level up but I don't. The only way I can level up is by primogems. Ah, primogems, my dear primogems where are you?"

"What level are you?" I approached Eula.

"80." Eula stare at the card with a frown. "It does increase fast. Do you know anything?"

"I do, but I can't say it."

"I see."

"You don't want to know?"

"I can't force you do I?"

Scratching my cheek with my finger, I hesitated. Eula's expression turned to normal; cold and aloof. But to me she doesn't care about how she level up fast, she is happy she did level up fast.

Shaking my head. I held her hand, interlocking with mine.

The two of us stare at the horizon. Light slowly emerges as the Sun rises.

...

Knight of Favonius, HQ.

"Bahahahahaha! Congratulations! I never expected the plan was successful! This is great! We should celebrate!"

Rizark voice echoed so loud that somehow everyone in the headquarters heard it. His eyes were sparkling in admiration. Smacking the table repeatedly.

"Great work everyone. I suppose all of you needed some rest. Let's celebrate later after everyone is well rested okay?"

Hertha said. She saw our tired expressions, she can't help but be worried yet happy from the victorious outcome.

Everyone dispersed and return to their places. That's also include us. I'm so tired, I want to lie on a soft bed.

Before we go to bed. Eula, Lumine, Paimon, Amber, Lisa, Mika, Aliya and Noelle ate breakfast first. Maybe because our andrenaline were activated we couldn't feel hunger. Now that everything is settled, our stomachs are grumbling.

I mean, Paimon's stomach is grumbling.

"Paimon how can you eat this much. You didn't even fight with us." Amber ask the little mascot who gobbling her food like a hungry dog.

"Paimon is cheering you all. Paimon can't fight but Paimon knows how to cheer! So, Paimon keep cheering you all." Gulping her food. Paimon stop eating as she answered Amber.

"Huh?" Amber tilted her head in confusion.

"Isn't master Jean is close to ascension?" Mika asked.

"She does. She only needs some kind of materials to ascended. Some materials is easy to acquire but the there are few that are very hard to acquire. It's been months she is stuck on level 100. If not for the scarcity of the materials she should already been more powerful."

Lisa lamented when she explained the matter. It wasn't a secret, majority of mondstadt citizens know about it.

"How do you know your ascension materials?" I asked.

"That's a good question. When you reach the required level, there is light will appear before you and tell you what is the requirements to ascend."

Isn't it like a game? I mean I do hear something like this but there is still a game-like mechanics in here huh? Well, If I have to say there are plenty.

"That Abyss Lector, it ascended." Noelle suddenly said. "I never thought they can ascend."

"Noelle, There are things in the world that are still mystery. Some monsters have ascend too you know? The reason why you don't see ascended beings is because Monstadt and Liyue has a few of them..." Lisa started to lecture everyone. Everyone stop eating and listened to her.

Except for me and Eula. The two of us has a world of our own. After seeing everyone became focused on Lisa. The two of us silently escaped.

Time to relieve some tension. Fufufu

9