Chapter 7 : The Hunted.
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7

 

Arlo was dangling over the ground now that Suri was holding him up. “ I just wanted an explanation and then I get blasted through the room, it feels like something Meeta would do, she’s definitely Meeta’s teacher alright. “ 

 

While Arlo was talking, Suri was looking around warily, she was also thinking back to what teacher Lope mumbled to her before she launched Arlo out the room. 

 

“Suri, I need you to team up with Arlo and show him the basics of the basics that you learnt when you first enrolled, you’ll be going against Meeta with me supporting her, remember that Meeta won’t hold back, make sure you take this seriously”

 

Suri was troubled, although she knew she was strong, fighting against other people she deemed strong such as Meeta or even against a faculty member like teacher Lope was like running towards a hospital room and something she wouldn’t normally ever do

 

Suri then started muttering, “ If I knew being responsible was so much work, I should’ve just stayed in my cave, instead of trying to explore the world “

 

Arlo then started flailing around, trying to get Suri’s attention. “Wah, stop flailing around, I might just drop you”

 

Arlo stopped after hearing that “You were zoning out, so I was just trying to get your attention, is me being launched out the end of it, or is there more we have to do”

 

Suri then looked to her side, as if trying to avoid the question “W-We still have a bit mo-”

 

Right as Suri almost finished talking, large blocks of Ice started flying past them.

 

From the angle that Arlo was dangling at, all he could see was massive blocks of ice approaching them, each block looked to be as large as a car.

 

“Oh no, we’re doomed, where did massive ice blocks come from” Arlo was in disbelief

 

 Suri then started swerving around and doing her best to dodge the incoming ice blocks. “Let me explain what Meeta’s doing, I can explain the rest later, but for now, just know that she basically has something called a trait that allows her to manipulate elements such as water, fire, even ice as you’re seeing.

 

Arlo was still confused, but slowly catching on. “Then this trait thing is what the Lope lady used to launch me out of the room earlier, correct?”

 

Suri smiled. “That’s right, you’ll get an in depth explanation about traits some time later, but for now, just know that teacher Lope’s trait has to do with musical notes, you said you knew music theory right? You should be fine then”

 

Just as Suri finished explaining, a large block of ice smashed into her. “Damn it, looks like we got unlucky”

 

After which they started freefalling down out of the sky.

 

When Arlo gazed downwards at the ground, he came to see that the blocks of ice were somehow evaporating creating lots of water vapor, making it hard for him to see what was down there.

 

‘Suri’s down for now from the ice block smash I think, the ground is also basically covered in steam and from what I know, we have two crazy people with superpowers or something after us right after I just woke up from almost dying.’

 

‘I need to have a talk with my good luck and beg him to come back or something.’

 

After breathing in and out and putting on a blank expression, the face that he wore when his muscles and brain didn’t know what expression to wear, Arlo grabbed Suri by the waist and tried plunging his fingers into a falling block of ice.

 

“If I can somehow get an ice block to negate the impact of the fall then we should be fine”

 

Arlo wasn’t sure if he was superhuman, bionic or even an alien now, if he was still his fragile normal self then he would think of a way to survive because normally he wouldn’t be able to plunge his hand into a massive ice block.

 

“What!? Looks like I might be superhuman now after all” His gamble had succeeded and now up to his left wrist was inside a massive block of ice with Suri being held by his right hand.

 

Arlo didn’t have time to dwell on his superhuman abilities now as as soon as his hand was in, the gravity acting on the block of ice was now acting on him, causing him and Suri to descend quickly.

 

After around 10 seconds of time passing by, Arlo could now see the ground below him, as he was some seconds away from the ground however, as if the block of ice had a mind of its own, it suddenly combusted into pieces causing him and Suri to drop and roll onto the ground from a height of around 5 meters. 

 

Wasting no time though. Both Arlo and Suri got up quickly. As they got up though, they could see massive ice blocks flying at them, with one of them coming straight at Arlo.

 

Arlo put up his hands to attempt to stop the ice block, but just like before, when the block of ice got into a certain range of them, it suddenly combusted into lots of pieces but none of those said pieces fell onto the ground, it was as if they vanished.

 

After witnessing this a few more times, Arlo knew it was safe on the ground, he was then about to call out to Suri to see if she was fine and tell her about this, “Sur-!”

 

Before he could even get Suri’s name out however, Suri herself blocked Arlo from speaking and started whispering in his ears. “Be quiet Arlo, we’re not alone here, I can feel feel danger all around us”

 

Hearing this, Arlo stayed quiet. Like Suri said, however, even though Arlo didn’t finish what he was saying, something seemed to lock onto them as tons of arrow-like objects started to be shot towards them.

 

Knowing Arlo’s lack of combat skills, Suri tossed Arlo away from where they initially were and then made a run for it herself.

 

Both she and Arlo knew that as Meeta was the one that was creating the ice blocks and they were still falling that it had to be Lope that was after them.

 

—--------------

Lope P.O.V

 

“Hmmmm”

 

‘Looks like Suri and Arlo have already landed on the ground if I’m hearing noises that isn’t the shattering of Meeta’s ice blocks.’

 

‘From what I’ve seen so far, from a newbie, Arlo’s survival instincts are pretty good, seeing as he was able to use the ice block to land safely’

 

[Lope Wiseman. She’s most commonly referred to as teacher Lope, but bears many different names. Her main trait is one centered around music, notes and sounds. She’s able to see with sounds as most people would see with eyes, to make things even more unfair, her range of increased perception via sound is said to be around 500 metres and when paired up with her normal vision, it feels as if she can predict your every move]

 

“Although this will be harder than the exams that normal recruits go through, for someone that’ll be around two trouble magnets, it’s better than he can at least protect himself”

 

Snapping Lope out of her thoughts, she seemed to hear someone falling onto the ground, some distance away from her.

 

{ [10%] Ledger line barrage }

 

After thinking this in her head, lots of black lines started appearing over Lope’s head, around 50. 25 of which shot in the direction that she heard the falling noise and 25 to where she heard another noise.

She then started advancing towards where she heard the falling noise with the same stern face that she usually had.

 

0