Chapter 2: Upgrade Complete [100%]
40 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: Upgrade Complete [100%]

Ding!

[Synchronization between soul and body is complete. 100/100]

This revelation greatly shocked Noha.

Ai?!

The AI interface had come with him?! Noha was one of those eccentric researchers who agreed to implant an AI interface in his brain. No sane human would possibly agree to do so, but Noha was an entirely different breed.

[Upgrading Interface. 1%]

His eyes widened as many possibilities ran through his mind. In the end, only one word echoed within his mind like illusory murmurings.

System!

Though entirely unscientific, this was the only way to describe what was going on! This so-called AI interface had turned into a system!

It took an entire minute for Noha to calm himself down. Once he did, his eyes scanned the area. It was a single-bedroom apartment with only one bathroom. Moreover, there was also the cheapest holographic TV.

After calming himself, he walked towards the washroom and washed his face. He then looked at his wet face. His skin was a bit pale, sickly pale. There were dark circles beneath his eyes, and his lips and skin had become dry. His palm had become very rough, most probably because of all those days passed in his training.

Even though his skin carried a hint of pallor, the contours of his muscles were visibly defined on his body. He sported black hair and brown eyes, presenting an average face.

After thoroughly washing his face, he returned to the living room. Pausing for a moment, he mentally called out, 'Interface, activate.'

[Upgrading. 5%]

The blue holographic screen materialized in front of him—an oddly familiar yet unfamiliar sight. After a few seconds, Noha commanded the panel to fade away.

He tapped on his watch, prompting another holographic screen to emerge. Clicking on messages, he sifted through them. Most were from friends or strangers, mocking him regarding his encounter with the thief.

Yet, amidst the messages, there were some from his mother. Though his heart momentarily quickened, Noha swiftly became indifferent. These were people he didn't know, and their opinions held no sway over him.

Shaking his head, he continued scrolling through the messages. Eventually, one message stood out from the rest.

[Blood Chronicle Academy]

He raised an eyebrow. There was a talent check after completing compulsory studies, up to the age of 18. Beyond that, a talent check determined one's eligibility to choose an academy based on their abilities.

In Noha's case, unable to afford private schooling for compulsory education, he attended a public military school. His mother had diligently saved money for him.

His hard work paid off with good grades on the talent test, evaluating observation skills, body flexibility, strength, speed, and reflexes.

An 'A' grade—that's what he achieved. He even secured a 40% discount on school fees, yet it still amounted to a hefty 5,740,000 credits. An amount that weighed heavily on him and his family. In this world, where 1 credit was roughly equivalent to 1 dollar, the financial burden was palpable.

Academy—this term held significance for those aiming to become strong Evolvers! Academies offered valuable resources like experienced Evolvers as instructors, diverse bloodlines, and Ancient Geno Arts!

However, this mainly applied to the top 20 academies. Those ranked below often lacked in certain aspects. The Blood Chronicle Academy, while not in the top three, still maintained a respectable standing within the top five justifying its cost.

Currently, Noha was eager to visit those so-called public libraries and learn more about this world. However, he also harbored a cautious side, a lingering intuition that something peculiar might occur once this AI interface was completely upgraded.

'Thankfully, my personality wasn't completely changed.' It felt as if the memories of the old Noha were attempting to take over, but he managed to retain control and defeat that lingering will.

Without wasting any time, Noha continued scrolling through and checking all the messages. He eventually clicked on the messages sent by the biological mother of this body, reassuring her that nothing untoward had happened.

Though he didn't hold much care for her, she was the sole means through which he could access some money and other resources.

Noha then closed the messages tab and headed to the search bar. This feature proved invaluable in gathering information about this world.

'This is most probably a parallel Earth.' This thought dominated his mind. Many aspects resembled Earth—their month classification, week classification, and even the country names before the apocalypse.

'Or perhaps, this really is Earth in the future.'

"Interface." It had been around three hours. After three hours I finally called out for the Ai interface.

[Upgrading. 97%]

Clenching his teeth, Noha silently waited for the upgradation. This was a very crucial time, something that could very possibly decide the direction in which his life within this world would go. [Upgrading. 99%]

The screen lingered on that critical percentage, minutes stretching like eternity. Noha, however, maintained his composure, patiently anticipating the imminent completion of the upgrade.

And then...

It happened.

[100%]

Ding!

!!!!!

A jolt of pain surged through Noha. He attempted to vocalize his distress, but silence prevailed. Rising abruptly, he staggered, only to succumb to the overwhelming pain and collapse onto the ground, unconscious.

Ding!

[User has acquired the skill Bloodline Evolution]

[The Function Profile is now accessible]

[The function Stat Point is now available]

[The function shop is now available (Locked)]

[Bloodline Hunting Dimensions are accessible (Locked)]

[Please upgrade the Interface for more functions]

...

Nearly an hour elapsed before Noha's bloodshot eyes finally reopened. He groaned while rising to his feet.

'Sigh, my entire body is sore!' he inwardly complained, experiencing a peculiar sensation coursing through him. It felt akin to possessing an additional limb that Noha struggled to control properly—much like a newborn grappling with uncoordinated arms and legs.

After entering the washroom and refreshing his face, Noha stepped back into the main room. Taking a moment to compose himself, he summoned the interface.

"Interface."

The once-familiar blue holographic screen materialized, but the alterations within it rendered it nearly unrecognizable.

3