4 (revised)
158 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hush, don't look or say anything in the crown princess's presence."

"Don't, if you care about your life."

A few maids were whispering to each other as Lan Ling walked through the palace. While looking around, a young and beautiful maiden entered her sight.

The other main character of the plan was finally here!

Immediately, she walked to the young maiden.

"This one greets, your highness, the crown princess."

Seeing Lan Ling head her way, the young maiden politely greeted. She didn't expect to see the crown princess today as she only came to accompany her father.

"You're Prime Minister Chu's first daughter, Chu Meirong," said Lan Ling, surprising the young maiden.

"Yes," Chu Meirong nodded. Every action she made was graceful and carefully done. It was pleasing to the eyes.

"Look, her new target," the maids who passed by them secretly whispered to each other, not realizing it would be their last.

However, with Lan Ling's sharp hearing, she shot them a look of displeasure. Soon, they were dragged away by other "servants".

"Would you like to accompany me to have a walk in the palace's garden?" Lan Ling took Chu Meirong's hand.

Without thinking, Chu Meirong accepted, "It would be my pleasure to."

The maids were serving Lan Ling were surprised. Was there anyone in this world who could get along with the crown princess, especially a young woman? Prime Minister Chu's daughter really was something. Although, it was too early to tell.

"Sister Meirong, I hope I'm not taking your time."

Lan Ling was the first to speak. 

"It fine. I just hope I'm not taking too much of the crown princess's time." 

Chu Meirong replied politely. On her way to the palace, she had heard that the crown princess was awful and was a madwoman. Anyone who tried to get close to the crown prince was handing her their life but rumors can just be rumors.

They continued to chat as if there was no tomorrow. In just a day, both of them became intimate friends. Lan Ling waved goodbye to her newly found friend and returned to her room. The next few days were the same: Chu Meirong went to the palace and chatted with Lan Ling.

Soon, there was a rumor going around that the crown princess made a friend. Everyone thought it was weird yet no one dared to question her. Even the crown prince found it weird for his crown princess to stick to someone so much, especially when that someone was a woman, and more than how she used to be with him. 

Lan Ling invited Chu Meirong to the palace's garden for a little chat once more. It was just that Lan Ling arrived an hour later than the other days. Just as she arrived, she met with the scene of the crown prince and Chu Meirong chatting happily with each other. Well, Chu Meirong was the one who laughed the most. 

Lan Ling smiled as she stood behind a wall, watching them. Not wanting to interrupt them, she returned to her room and sat there for another hour, enjoying her osmanthus cakes that paled in comparison to the empress'. As another hour passed, she finally decided to go back to the where the crown prince and Chu Meirong was at. 

When she arrived, she readily changed her facial expression.

"Meirong," she said. "I was going to introduce you to the crown prince today but it seems you two already go to know each other."

Seeing the forced smile on Lan Ling, the crown prince drooped down. He knew Lan Ling was going to target Meirong next. No, she wouldn't. They're friends, but would she let her friend go?

"He's very kind," Chu Meirong commented, "but where were you today? We waited for so long!"

"I got up late. Last night was very tiring." Lan Ling smiled apologetically and eyed the crown prince who blushed at the thought of something. 

"At least you're here now. Quickly, come join us. We were just chatting about the festival!"

Chu Meirong energetically called her over to sit next to her which made Lan Ling chuckled. The emperor was right on his decision in choosing the Prime Minister's first daughter.

The following meetings were in a way, similar. Lan Ling continued to show up late, giving the two children time with each other. Sometimes, she wouldn't even show up and send her maid to tell them she wasn't feeling well.

"What are you planning?" asked the crown prince.

They were back in Lan Ling's palace, where everything was always quiet, even the movement of the servants. No sound lived in her palace. It was always like this after she entered the palace.

"I'm not planning anything. Just waiting for results." 

Lan Ling blew the tea to make it cooler then took a sip of the tea.

"What results?" he asked.

"You ask too many questions. No one will be able to answer all of them for you."

Lan Ling joked with him knowing he wouldn't react to it. Although, he used to when they first met. He really was turning out to be a stone-faced man but she knew how to make squeeze out his emotions.

"You're really no fun. What do you think I'm waiting for?" She said as she stared at her stomach and rubbed it. 

Following her hand, he remembered what had happened and blushed. It was just that one night. 

1